Welcome to PatsFans.com

Keep on pouring money for those Katrina "victims"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turd Furguson, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://rhodeisland.cox.net/cci/news...=article&id=D8LI0STG0&_action=validatearticle

-A church that wanted to do something special for Hurricane Katrina victims gave a $75,000 house, free and clear, to a couple who said they were left homeless by the storm. But the couple turned around and sold the place without ever moving in, and went back to New Orleans.

"Take it up with God," an unrepentant Joshua Thompson told a TV reporter after it was learned that he and the woman he identified as his wife had flipped the home for $88,000.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

The politically correct do-gooders will be blubbering about Katrina for another fifty years and we all know why but we can't say it.

Imagine the things that go on like this that we never hear about, imagine how many of these things happen that the media won't tell us about because they are afraid of the "backlash".
    Now the Illegal Aliens are coming to town and they want their piece of the pie.
    These two dirt bags that sold the house should go back and start crying and shaking and tell the church they're sorry, then the church will probably give them another house, a bigger one.

I better not go any further I am starting to get mad then I will start talking "dirty democrat talk", then I will get Racist, then I will get the thread closed.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

It is an anecdotal incident that should not have happened, however it did... it is not a good thing. One thing I am amazed at is the outrage over a 75K incident, but little is said about the millions and probably billions of fraud in Iraq. This is one incident of many, where is the outrage folks???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7306162/site/newsweek/

April 4 issue - By many accounts, Custer Battles was a nightmare contractor in Iraq. The company's two principals, Mike Battles and Scott Custer, overcharged occupation authorities by millions of dollars, according to a complaint from two former employees. The firm double-billed for salaries and repainted the Iraqi Airways forklifts they found at Baghdad airport?which Custer Battles was contracted to secure?then leased them back to the U.S. government, the complaint says. In the fall of 2004, Deputy General Counsel Steven Shaw of the Air Force asked that the firm be banned from future U.S. contracts, saying Custer Battles had also "created sham companies, whereby [it] fraudulently increased profits by inflating its claimed costs." An Army inspector general, Col. Richard Ballard, concluded as early as November 2003 that the security outfit was incompetent and refused to obey Joint Task Force 7 orders: "What we saw horrified us," Ballard wrote to his superiors in an e-mail obtained by NEWSWEEK.

In one case, the Pentagon's own Defense Contract Audit Agency found that the leading U.S. contractor in Iraq, Halliburton subsidiary KBR, overcharged Iraq occupation authorities by $108 million for a task order to deliver fuel. Yet the Pentagon permitted KBR to redact?or black out?almost all negative references to the company in this Oct. 8, 2004, audit. These included any mention of the $108 million in alleged overcharges and the audit's clear conclusion that KBR's price-supporting data were "not adequate." The Defense Department then forwarded this censored version to a U.N. monitoring board that Washington had agreed to under U.N. Resolution 1483. Normally, an audited company is allowed to censor its proprietary or personal information, but "these redactions went beyond anything U.S. law would allow," says Tom Susman, a Washington expert. Halliburton spokeswoman Wendy Hall insists that the company had the right to make such redactions because the audit was "predecisional" and "represented only one side of the case." Hall also denies the company overcharged.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +740 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Everything turns to Bush, Cheney or Haliburton doesn't it ? Why change the subject ? Whether or not there has been fraud in Iraq has nothing to do with Katrina.

I guess I can cheat on my taxes and say "well, what's a few hundred bucks compared to fraud in Iraw" . . .

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well there's a surprise... a libby taking a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Bush or Iraq, and mentioning the war anyway.

Like I said... what a surprise :rolleyes:

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

yeah....well....

It isn't too hard to connect the dots between the two events (Iraq and Katrina) and find fraud at a LARGE scale on the american taxpayer.

by Yochi J. Dreazen, The Wall Street Journal
    September 12th, 2005

WASHINGTON -- The Bush administration is importing many of the
    contracting practices blamed for spending abuses in Iraq as it begins
    the largest and costliest rebuilding effort in U.S. history.

The first large-scale contracts related to Hurricane Katrina , as in
    Iraq, were awarded without competitive bidding, and using so-called
    cost-plus provisions that guarantee contractors a certain profit
    regardless of how much they spend.

Contracts for temporary housing have been awarded to politically
    connected companies like Fluor Corp. and Bechtel National Inc., a unit
    of Bechtel Group Inc., leading congressional Democrats to renew charges
    of cronyism they first leveled when the firms won lucrative work in Iraq.

Story Link : http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=12620

I think what the "Libbies" are saying here is that the "conservatives" are pointing out a 75,000 gift from a church, flipped to profit as a scam. When the whole time we are being raped by no bid contracts and don't whistle blow.

its hypocritical.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

Bobby where is your homework assignment? Iraq ate it.

You people are funny. We are talking Katrina, and you guys bring up Iraq. Why even have a forum? Do you guys bring up Iraq when you're talking about the Patriots Defense? How about when talking that Jap pitcher? Too funny.

Katrina is the biggest sham imaginable. The liberal MSM will not bad mouth the poor "disenfranchised" monority. The same way it prods up little illegal school kids when it talks immigration. WAKE UP! You sheeple are being bamboozled in every fashion. Be it Iraq contracts, Katrina relief, or the illegal invasion. This has nothing to do with your party affiliation, and everything to do with your personal well being.

People will not criticize Katrina vicitms because the vast majority are african american. That is obvious fact. It's too bad no one can call a spade a spade in this country. Forget free speech, how about some honest speech atleast.

What those people did is reprehensible. Unfortunately, that money will be wasted on booze and scratch tickets.

8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Iraq seems now to simply be a blanket term, used by people like Patters, NEM, or GJA to stir up the rest of retardia.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

Iraq is the best thing that ever happened to the sore losing Bush Haters, when it snows or when one of them gets hit by a car they start blabbering about Bush/Haliburton/Iraq.

IRAQ PUT THE LIBERAL DINGOBATS BACK IN THE DRIVERS SEAT THEY SHOULD LOVE IT

The Liberal Knee Jerkers have been complaining about the the off shore Oil Rigs and the environment, a study was conducted and the Coo Coo's were told that Marine Life LOVES the oil rigs, it has become home to millions and billions of fish, they have "Fish Housing Projects" built all over the Platfoms Legs.
    Now the simple sappy ding dongs have all scurried into their Liberal Save The World hideaways to figure out this latest "Vast Neo Con Conspiracy", Crazy Gore has been notified, the enviro nuts call Gore "Mr President"

Why do liberals hate oil but they use it :eek:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

Wind farms anyone?

11. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

It is not even a sure thing that these people were from New Orleans. Your title is a bit glorified. There are many instances of fraud resulting from the Katrina tragedy. The $88,000 and other instances of fraud don't even scratch the surface compared to the governments incompetence regarding New Orleans. Are those trailers still in Arkansas?

12. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Interesting discussion. Doesn't sound like Iraq isn't entire relevant, GJAJ15 justified his connection of the two. How come some people only think of government waste when it concerns black people? Oh yeah, quite a few of the self-professed "conservatives" here are racist pieces of crap that use conservatism as an excuse for being the pieces of crap that they are. Happy Thanksgiving!

13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +740 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Is Joshua Thompson black ? I don't know. And I don't give a crap about him whether he is or not. As long as he paid taxes on the $88K to offset the tax deduction the church will have taken, I really don't care.

However other than food and shelter for a month after the hurricane, I don't want my tax dollars supporting him. Black, white, yellow or green. He can, you know, get a job.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

Haliburton--Get Bush--Haliburton--Get Bush--Haliburton--Get Bush

Wait until you see Aunt Nancy in action when she really gets wound up, she loves "Crooks"

15. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Heres my take. People gave so that these people could rebuild their lives. Why did it have to be where they said it had to be. What do the givers care if the people given the gift sell and move to New Orleans if thats where they want to go? The only change in the plan is the location. If the givers required the people have to live there it wasnt a freely given gift. The people of the church arent out one dime. They did what they set out to do. They gave these people a fresh start and thats what they did.

this is a non-story.

Turd just wants to have a shot at bashing a minority. Or poke fun at a church congregation. At least they werent Israelis or he'd really go after them. Hey, where there is human tragedy he'll be there.