PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keep boycotting the Herald and Tomase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderators........I will DOUBLE the amount contributed by the Herald link to Patsfans.com and donate those dollars to "Bread of Life" if you guys will remove the link to the Herald from this group.

If ever a message should and could be sent to the haters known as Tomase & the Herald...it should be from Patsfans.com.

Why can't we accomplish this simple act over here??

Moderators........I will DOUBLE the amount contributed by the Herald link to Patsfans.com and donate those dollars to "Bread of Life" if you guys will remove the link to the Herald from this group.

If ever a message should and could be sent to the haters known as Tomase & the Herald...it should be from Patsfans.com.

Why can't we accomplish this simple act over here??

What link where?

You know, at first I thought the Tomase article before the Super Bowl was just the work of a bigtime hack, a guy with no credibility.

Now I'm thinking that without that article, none of this nonsense would have started up again. All the people wanting to take a closer look read that article. Kurt Warner for instance.

Ludicrous.

Tomase is a joke.

Especially when he refers to his article as, "The herald reported that..."

What link where?

Sorry - I meant the link on Patsfans that takes you to the Herald......get rid of it, please. The Globe & Projo is fine for me - add in papers from New Bedford, Quincy, Lowell Sun anything but the Herald.

And when all links are removed, be sure and let the Herald kinow about it.

I dunno, some kind of letter or statement explaining that we are remove all links to their publication in response to their irresponsible conduct ib publishing unconfirmed B.S. 2 days before the SB etc.
The Herald is certainly no friend of ours, and I say make sure they know that.

Let me know what I can do to help with this guys. A few bucks is more than worth it to boycott these rats.

I dunno, some kind of letter or statement explaining that we are remove all links to their publication in response to their irresponsible conduct ib publishing unconfirmed B.S. 2 days before the SB etc.
The Herald is certainly no friend of ours, and I say make sure they know that.

I really think that would work...I mean at least it would be something from a top Patriots fan group that simply says a certain beat writer and certain disgusting gossip haters along with the rest of their BS is just not what we would hope for from a BOSTON newspaper.

Tomase ruined the Superbowl for a whole lot of Patriots pans and there was no need of it. To this day, he has no source, no story, nothing new, nothing added to what had already been aired four months previous.

So, I repeat, MODERATORS.......are you out there?? Can we do this??

I would also be more than willing to pitch in some money to get this done, no question.

Tomase ruined the Superbowl for a whole lot of Patriots pans and there was no need of it. To this day, he has no source, no story, nothing new, nothing added to what had already been aired four months previous.

Seriously, I will never forget that day when this all came up again. I will never forget how he singlehandedly sucked out the joy of the SB from me before the SB even began...please make this possible! I want them to know that their irresponsible reporting will never be forgotten. At least not by us, pats fans. How bout they stick to reporting other issues, since they are totally inept at reporting on the Pats.

Last edited:
Just took a tour around fan message boards from tons of other teams around the NFL. Every single one of them has at least 4 threads with the following topics: 1) Pats cheating since 2000 2) 19-0 shirts in Central America 3) Walsh has tapes and 4) Lawsuit by Rams against Pats.

I took a moment to digest all of this and I'm left with the following. I am embracing the fact that we are now the bad boys of the NFL. Everyone hates us. And its not a basic hate like you hate your ex-wife. Its the kind of hate where you want people mutilated like Sonny was in the Godfather.

I'm telling you right now, if Bob Kraft was smart, he'd switch our uniform color to black, trade for Pacman Jones and every other thug around the NFL and have some fun with this thing. It's all entertainment anyway, right :)

I'd chip in too.

I do take some solace in the fact that at least Tomase is a fat, ugly, hack. He has to live with himself, which is a punishment in itself if you think about it.

I'd chip in too.

I do take some solace in the fact that at least Tomase is a fat, ugly, hack. He has to live with himself, which is a punishment in itself if you think about it.

I'd hope it would be, but by now he's probably just gotten used to it.

*BUMP*
The herald has a record of irresponsible reporting...more reason to boycott!

Here's a previous case where the Herald was sued successfully for defamation.
http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2002/06/17/newscolumn4.html

Hmm why does this sound familiar?

Last week, Murphy filed a defamation and libel suit against the Boston Herald Inc. and four reporters in Suffolk Superior Court. His demands include damages to be determined by a jury, a front-page retraction and compensation for attorney fees for the "irresponsible and reckless publication of fabricated statements falsely attributed to him," in several Herald stories published in February.

According to the court papers, Murphy received hate mail and death threats and became publicly known and referred to as "Evil Ernie," due to Herald reports based on unnamed sources.

Murphy's suit claimed the Herald reporters never spoke with anyone present, including himself, attorneys for clients, his law clerks or probation officers.

The complaint also slung a bit of mud at the Herald with such statements as, "In recent years, the Herald has resorted to sensationalist reporting, specializing in front-page stories which utilize large color photographs in combination with short, derogatory headlines."

Even more interesting is the verdict...
http://randazza.wordpress.com/2007/05/27/massachusetts-libel-case-murphy-v-boston-herald/

In that case, the Massachusetts Supreme Court upheld a $2.1 million jury verdict against the Boston Herald for reckless reporting of a judge’s demeanor and handling of several cases.
The jury found that Judge Murphy not only never said those words, but that he had likely said something completely contrary — that Judge Murphy actually said that the rape victim should be in counseling to help her cope with the crime, and that she needed help to “put the matter behind her and get on with her life.”

That’s a far cry from what the Herald reported, but it is what the Supreme Judicial Court believed that prosecutor David Crowley said.

http://www.masslaw.com/signup/opinion.cfm?page=ma/opin/sup/1008307.htm

“The press… is not free to publish false information about anyone (even a judge whose sentencing decisions have incurred the wrath of the local district attorney), intending that it will cause a public furor, while knowing, or in reckless disregard of, its falsity.”

This testimony suggests, decisively, that Wedge possessed either a brazen disregard for the actual truth or a deliberate intent to give credence to a controversial story that he knew (at the time) to be false.

Neither Wedge, nor any other Herald employee who testified at trial, could name one person at the Herald who either edited, or checked for accuracy of, the content of Wedge’s articles. It is fair to say that, by the end of Wedge’s testimony, his credibility on any material factual point at issue was in tatters.

For the Patriots fans that dont live in the New England area... the 2 papers .. Boston Globe.. is the more liberal paper owned by the New York Times.... and the Boston Herald is the more conservative paper written in more of a tabloid form???.. tell us Pat fans whats going on over there?. thanks

Just took a tour around fan message boards from tons of other teams around the NFL. Every single one of them has at least 4 threads with the following topics: 1) Pats cheating since 2000 2) 19-0 shirts in Central America 3) Walsh has tapes and 4) Lawsuit by Rams against Pats.

I took a moment to digest all of this and I'm left with the following. I am embracing the fact that we are now the bad boys of the NFL. Everyone hates us. And its not a basic hate like you hate your ex-wife. Its the kind of hate where you want people mutilated like Sonny was in the Godfather.

I'm telling you right now, if Bob Kraft was smart, he'd switch our uniform color to black, trade for Pacman Jones and every other thug around the NFL and have some fun with this thing. It's all entertainment anyway, right :)

Due to our success.. yes its true... BUT.. the Pats have the highest ratings of any team anywhere... its good to be Number 1 !!!!!!!!!

For the Patriots fans that dont live in the New England area... the 2 papers .. Boston Globe.. is the more liberal paper owned by the New York Times.... and the Boston Herald is the more conservative paper written in more of a tabloid form???.. tell us Pat fans whats going on over there?. thanks
Anybody ???...

Not sure if anyone noticed this but at around 8:30 this morning John Tomase wrote a very brief statement on bostonherald.com about BB and SP's discussion with the Globe. Of course Tomase did not allow comments.

I just went back to bostonherald.com and noticed they changed the author from Tomase to Associated Press.

Too funny. The Herald is obviously squirming right now. I wonder if Tomase was canned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back