PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

keep an eye on FA and soon to be FAs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW Toys, that was exceptionally interesting and bears much further study and thought.

One question, however: where does "talent" fit into your scale?

DW Toys, that was exceptionally interesting and bears much further study and thought.

One question, however: where does "talent" fit into your scale?

Not to speak for Toys, but I think after Holley's book we accept that talent wise the players would all be "B" or better.

As good of a scale as I have seen, nice work but... I don't think we will see the Pats sign 5 B type players.

$20 M in cap space ($8M is locked up for Asante)
- 5 for rookie
- 5 (say to 4-6) for in season replacements and some room to redo contracts
$10~ left to sign FAs

Michael Lewis SS/LB - $2M cap hit - Safety is not a critical need, especially strong safety
Jarred Allen DE/LB - $2M - cap hit - is a drunk and is still under contract with KC
Kevin Curtis WR - $4-5 cap hit, good pickup
Dre Bly CB - $3-4 cap hit - requires a trade, likely a 3rd rounder plus he wants a new contract
Donnie Edwards ILB - $2-4 cap hit, good pickup in a rotation

I think you will see thje Pats sign 1 or 2 of the players in your list as well as some $1M or less veteran JAGs.

-

I think you're really, really underestimating the market this year. I bet Curtis beats the 5/$31 that Randle-El got last year. We'll know soon enough...

I think you're really, really underestimating the market this year. I bet Curtis beats the 5/$31 that Randle-El got last year. We'll know soon enough...

I was trying to be nice... my comment was that there is no way we sign 5 "B" type players. We may get 1 or 2 and then a bunch of JAGs.

By the way, I didn't know where else to put this- From today's column by Len Pascerelli of espn.com:
"It's believed that as many as 10 franchises each have more than $30 million in cap room. And since NFL rules mandate that teams spend at least $92.6 million, the usual supply-and-demand structures will be skewed. Because the league demands that a large portion of money be spent, and because the pool of players on whom to spend it is so diluted, veterans who in the past would have been considered second-line players are going to reap the rewards."
We're going to have more inflation than a Baseball offseason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down