Welcome to PatsFans.com

Keenan McCardell chimes in on Pats/Moss

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

washingtonpost.com

2. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +266 / 1 / -2

So who HAVEN'T we heard from now? It's all the way down to McCardell!?

I wonder what FredEx thinks about all this...
  3. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'd like to know what what the Pope thinks about this.
  4. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

5. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

we haven't heard from tiger wood.....maybe tiger's probs are a little more urgent
  6. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Bill had a world of admiration for McCardell throughout his career. He hoped to get him here in his later years but it never worked out so he could. Sadly I think that revisionist rationale about Bill knowing how to coddle great talent to maximize it didn't pan out this season when he swung and missed on another senior outside threat who probably anticipated it would. There was no accommodation for Galloway because there seldom is accommodation here. Guys are getting their Bill's mixed up. One is a master manipulator of underachieving talent. For the other accountability and self starters are the rule here and up until now there haven't been any exceptions. Bill devotes his time to game planning and preparation and coaching motivated players up, not coddling his most talented players to keep them engaged...
  7. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 5 / -1

Players take plays off, but not when the ball is coming to him. I am willing to conceed Brady's pass was off on the INT, but when Moss saw the ball was going to go directly to Gamble he made no effort to make a break on the ball. When he dropped the slant, he was more interest in the defender coming at him (I think it was Gamble) than watching the ball into his hands. That is what upset me.
  8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

it upset you? what did you do afterward to get over it? or are you not over it yet?
  9. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

1999 called. They want their 20th best receiver back.
  10. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

In the situation we find ourselves in you can't continue to take plays off whether waiting for an ideal situation to present itself or because you're pacing yourself for an opportunity that may as a result never unfold. This is what Brady has been preaching to the entire team for the last month, and apparently to his #1 WR in particular. We cannot waste opportunities because we are encountering all too few of them. We have to maximize them at every turn. That even receiving the message itself hurt his feelings is what the root of the problem is. This has never been a concern here before. There is more to being a leader and playmaker here than hitting the weight room and being upbeat on the sidelines and making plays when it's easy to or your comfortable.
  11. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

This is the problem with many people, it's a slap in the face to all the hard work Moss puts in on a daily basis. He does not have it that easy. He has to work hard every day just like everyone else. He has always been a good role model and shown good work ethic. He was voted by his TEAMMATES two years in a row as a captain. We've always heard about him taking younger players under his wings.

It's naive to think that Moss is some freakishly superhuman being that can never try and just flip a switch on occasion to put up HOF numbers. It's ridiculous.
  12. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The problem is the Moss cannot physically sprint down the length of the field for every snap that he is in the game, which is most of the offensive snaps. He never was able to do it and never will. It is physically impossible for him to do. So your only choice is to find a receiver that can do that, substitute for him more frequently or let him go half-speed on some plays when he feels it is less likely for him to be targeted because of coverage. Based on the coaching staff's reaction, it seems like they feel his ability draw the coverage away from other guys is more valuable then a full speed Sam Aiken in his stead.
  13. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Continue to ignore the fact that he cut the route short and had NO MOMENTUM to the sideline. Continue to ignore the fact that the DB was shading him to the outside. Continue to lie and say that he made no effort. He LIKELY read the defense shading outside, broke his route short expecting an inside pass, and then tried to make up for it after he saw the ball sailing outside. This isn't a Madden game, he can't just stop on a dime and start at 100% speed in any instant.
  14. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +509 / 5 / -1

It doesn't consume my day. It upsets me when I see it. When a player doesn't give his all when the ball is coming in his direction, it is upsetting.
  15. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +509 / 5 / -1

He made an effort to break up the pass? With his arms by his side?
  16. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Troy Brown was a dog-faker!
  17. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Recreate events some more. Next thing you know it will be he stopped and looked at his finger nails.
  18. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +509 / 5 / -1

Show me one point on the replay where he tried to reach out and break up the pass before it hit gamble. If you can, I will drop the subject all together and admit I am wrong about Moss. He didn't even break out his trot when he saw that Brady didn't throw in his area. He didn't move his arms until after Gamble caught the ball.

NFL Videos: NFL Scoreboard: Panthers vs. Patriots highlights

Again, it is at the 25 second mark.
  19. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I saw the play, I saw it from different angles as well. Are you going to now assume that Moss saw the ball all the way from Brady's hands into the DB? It looked to me he read the outside coverage stopped the route short, when he saw the ball it was pretty late, he tried to get over there but couldn't in time. Do you not realize that passes are frequently thrown while the receiver is NOT looking for the ball or at the QB?

Moss expecting the ball inside or not at all is NOT the same as him watching the ball all the way into the DB's hands and then reaching an arm out. Good grief, stop trying to make it what you want it to be. Moss could very well have screwed up on that play and it's possible he should have cut for the sidelines harder on that route. But you act like it's impossible that Brady made a bad read or poor throw. Now go back and re-watch Brady on that play, does it not look like a rushed throw with a defender in his face? Brady didn't give much effort trying to slide away from the defender :rolleyes:
  20. patsfaninpittsburgh

patsfaninpittsburgh Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah

You are consumed by this. No doubt you have some critical emotional issues so this is the binky.

Going into Sunday, RM was:

1st in receiving yards
    Ties 1st in 100 yard games
    3rd in TD's
    Plays with another top 6 receiver

RM played poorly week 14. The monster in your mind seems to be winning. I only hope it doesn't move to other parts of your life. You might want to re-evaluate the wisdom of being Patriots fan.

Anybody who can get so upset over something so stupid as a bad game might want to try figure skating, WWE, or synchronized swimming.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.