KDPPatsfan85 2011 Binky

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
BROOKS REED OLB ARIZONA

YouTube - Brooks Reed top 5 de/olb 2011 draft

Brooks Reed AKA Sack Master!! He has the intangibles to play in BB's offense. He kind of reminds me of Clay Matthews. He played for Arizona and thats the same for Bruschi. Lets hope the Patriots draft him!! I am finding BB's email address and telling him to draft him :rocker:!!

Last edited:
But, how much are you willing to pay. How about #33 or #28?

And can he play the run better than Clay?

maybe it's just me but outher then he's long hair and the color of he's skin noting about he's game reminds me of Clay Matthews, i mean thats was a highlight reel and i was not impressed. he had at lest 2 plays were is was not even blocked, two plays were is was one on one with a smaller RB and at lest 3 plays were the OT took a bad angle on him that wont happen in the NFL.

IMO #28 or #33 is a lil to high to take him

maybe it's just me but outher then he's long hair and the color of he's skin noting about he's game reminds me of Clay Matthews, i mean thats was a highlight reel and i was not impressed. he had at lest 2 plays were is was not even blocked, two plays were is was one on one with a smaller RB and at lest 3 plays were the OT took a bad angle on him that wont happen in the NFL.

I haven't watched the YouTube. I have watched a few games. Reed's current projection as a round two prospect for OLB by most draft sites is a good assessment. #33 might be a little high, but if he's the player NE wants they may not want to trade back too far before drafting him.

Clay Matthews led the league in unblocked sacks last year. The similarities are that Reed has a world class first step, can turn the corner and plays low like him. They both had similar 10's: 10-yd CM = 1.49, 10-yd BR = 1.54. I think Matthews can change direction better than Reed and Matthews is a tad more explosive. Reed is stronger than Matthews other than that they're pretty similar athletes.

Player, Team, Unblocked Sacks
Clay Matthews Packers 4
Drew Coleman Jets 3
Jonathan Vilma Saints 3
Wil Witherspoon Titans 3
London Fletcher Redskins 2.5
Desmond Bishop Packers 2
James Ihedigbo Jets 2
Joey Porter Cardinals 2
Mario Haggan Broncos 2
Nate Allen Eagles 2
Clark Haggans Cardinals 2
Patrick Willis 49ers 2
Cameron Wake Dolphins 2
Roman Harper Saints 2
Bryan Scott Bills 2
Shaun Phillips Chargers 2
Antoine Winfield Vikings 2
Tamba Hali Chiefs 2
Daryl Smith Jaguars 2
Tyvon Branch Raiders 2

Here's what I wrote about Reed in another thread: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-draft-game-2-3-3-11-a-page6.html#post2496255

Last edited:
I first casually noticed Reed in a game late in the season, though I don't recall which one. Later, I noticed his size when I was looking up someone else. Saw he was on the Senior Bowl roster and started to pay attention.

Senior Bowl practice observers (various) noted:
"[MON] high motor .... great spin move (on Gilbert and Sherrod) .... got under Sherrod's pads and exploited him twice .... [TUE] held up well vs. double-team and was able to shed quickly .... athletic .... quick off the snap and able to get pressure from a 2pt stance .... struggled a bit in 1-1 drills vs. larger tackles .... [WED] non-stop motor .... solid in LB drills (all new to him), showed good feet, excelled in space .... held his own in LB coverage drills .... explodes off the edge .... getting better vs. double-teams .... looking like a 3-4 OLB .... natural dropping back into coverage, outperformed many OLBs .... [THU] .... outran all LBs in kick coverage drills .... great first step .... burned Carpenter and Ziemba with blazing speed off the edge .... [GAME] 11-yd sack on Castonzo .... blew by Solder untouched .... great pressure/contain on Kaepernick; pursuit forced a throwaway .... Gailey notes his amazing motor and says he can play standup OLB as well as DE .... frame compares to Jarret Johnson (Ravens)"

Honestly, I recorded both positive and negative notes for every player and the above is everything I saw for Reed (minus some redundancy).

My concern now is that Reed becomes this year's Brandon Graham - expected to go somewhere around #28 and then some team trades up to snag him at around #14.

Not a bad binky but why did you have to start a new thread? We already have a binky thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back