PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kazcur at Left Guard?; Possibility and outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked about this on the other thread, which is less... awesome. Pasting...

=====

I'm starting to get that it's the MO of some people here to pick a random Whipping boy. Kaczur's a very good player, who has off games. We have four good tackles on this team (LeVoir is good in bursts) and three of them are solid SWING tackles.

Kaczur at Left Guard could be excellent and he already knows Brady super-well. This is a chance to shuffle the O-Line from last year, making it possible better overall (long-term) and not lose much communication continuity.

Some of the nonsense on here about Nick would make it sound like he's a half-paralyzed senior citizen. Sheesh.

======

I would add that I think when Neal was out, the weakness at RG mitigated the effectiveness of Nick at RT.

Kazcur was NOT a disaster at RT, just not an all pro. I'm OK with trying him there, but I'm also on record wanting to see Light move down. He has the power and the pass blocking skills to play there. He also wouldn't have the moving from right to left issue, which as more to do with footwork and stance, than play recognition. Then we'd have a super side with Light and Volmer and a right side of Neal and Kazcur. Lavoir would back up the tackles and the best of the youngsters would back up the Gs and C.

Personally I think they will work out some kind of one year deal for Mankins giving him a raise (double) what he was due, and promise NOT to franchise him, and get him in camp with the idea that he will move on in 2011.

I would love for this to happen, but I really don't think you can cross the line like Mankins did and find yourself in a Patriots uniform ever again.

I talked about this on the other thread, which is less... awesome. Pasting...

=====

I'm starting to get that it's the MO of some people here to pick a random Whipping boy. Kaczur's a very good player, who has off games. We have four good tackles on this team (LeVoir is good in bursts) and three of them are solid SWING tackles.

Kaczur at Left Guard could be excellent and he already knows Brady super-well. This is a chance to shuffle the O-Line from last year, making it possible better overall (long-term) and not lose much communication continuity.

Some of the nonsense on here about Nick would make it sound like he's a half-paralyzed senior citizen. Sheesh.

======

I would add that I think when Neal was out, the weakness at RG mitigated the effectiveness of Nick at RT.

I don't randomly pick whipping boys. Kaczur is not "very good" and he doesn't completely suck either. But to say the position can be upgraded is an understatement. Kaczur's lateral mobility is, to put it kindly, not his strongsuit. We've seen it time and time again. The Colts game last year was a perfect example of this. Kaczur's complete inability to handle Robert Mathis was one of the biggest factors in our offense stalling in the second half. Like a few others have been saying, a move to guard would all but eliminate that weakness.

Hopefully not as badly as he did at RT. We night as well have put a swinging door in there during some games, especially the ones where Stephen Neal was not in the line-up.
The line did indeed falter without Neal, but how much of that was on Connolly and how much on Kaczur? It was Connolly, not Kaczur who replaced Neal in the starting lineup for the four games Neal missed late last season.

The line did indeed falter without Neal, but how much of that was on Connolly and how much on Kaczur? It was Connolly, not Kaczur who replaced Neal in the starting lineup for the four games Neal missed late last season.

Kaczur suddenly struggled with his man much more than he did when Neal was in the line-up as well. With that said, you won't see me praising Connolly too much right now either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes