Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kazcur and the big hit on Brady (merged)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeShmoe, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is it me or was he especially poor last night .. the Geathers hit on Brady he just ran straight by him
  2. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It's kind of funny you ask. I can't watch the game until this morning when nfln replay it. However, i did get to see one highlight on the web, and it was Kazcur standing still while the Bengal ran right around him. Can't wait to rewatch that, and see what the heck Nick was doing.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I was at the game. After the play on the field Kaczur looked toward Brady and shrugged. BB said in the postgame press conference that Brady was partially to blame for it, so they might've gotten crossed up in protection called at the line before the snap.
  4. RussFrancis

RussFrancis Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Was the Primary goal last night to get Brady HIT??

I know the question's a little facetious, but nevertheless. I know Brady said coming into the game, last week, all thru camp basically, he's looking forward to actually getting hit. Well, he got hit, and hit pretty hard on the Kaczur turnstile 'block' that about got Brady killed. So, though that obviously sucked, mission accomplished. Brady got his clock pretty well cleaned, and I suppose we can now all move on from here.

But the fairly ridiculous question still remains - are these guys a little nuts enough to actually set up a situation where Brady takes a clean, solid hit to just get that out of the way? For the record, Im thinking I am pretty ridiculous for even asking, but looking forward to getting hit would seem pretty ridiculous to some, too. Kaczur may also just completely suck and already be ready for the big German to step in for him. Thoughts?
  5. satz

satz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Brady calls the protection for dan koppan and Dan Koppan makes the line calls.
    Not sure what happened but kazcur was beat from go as was shurgging like what the hell happened.

unless we know what was called not idea what was suppose to happen.the guy was behind kazur and kazur was moving ahead from LOS like he was going on a down hill blocking assignment.
  6. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

From what I saw of the sack, it looked like he was initially providing some inside support to the guard. That said, he was beat quickly.
  7. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -1

Plus, after the snap he conferenced with both Brady and Koppen, indicating it was a scheme mistake.

Yates had a similar play in the 2nd half where he double-teamed an end on an up-the-middle blitz on Hoyer. Taylor took the linebacker, leaving the defensive back free.
  8. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -1

Re: Was the Primary goal last night to get Brady HIT??

Vollmer looked pretty rough last night against the twos and threes.
  9. SoCalPatsfan90

SoCalPatsfan90 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I'll tell ya'll what... I hope that hit settles Brady down now. Maybe it's just me, but there were a couple throws that just looked like he threw it scared.

I know there is a mental gap for Brady that needs to be closed, I hop that hit helps fill that gap, and he settles into his normal rythem next week / early into the season...
  10. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -1

The one person I believe who did whiff on an edge block last night was Alex Smith failing to see Tom Nelson race out of the slot and nail Hoyer in the back.

Maybe the slot receiver (Ventrone?) didn't give him a blitz call but he stayed right behind Vollmer the whole time like he was blocking for a field goal.
  11. tobias funke

tobias funke Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The best part is that Koppen was smiling right after and Brady looked back at him and clearly said "it's not funny".

LOL
  12. makoute

makoute Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree with that, he looked pretty rough last night at times.
  13. parthasas

parthasas Patriots Nation PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

its never the same after a major injury, isnt it ? can't remove it from the back of our minds. Before that we don't even blink when he takes a hit :(
  14. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I'm with Brady on this one. Someone has to tell Koppen there isn't nothing funny about #12 getting hit.
  15. Spiral

Spiral PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

I think that Kazcur's slow feet are the biggest threat to Brady's knees. According to others in this forum, he graded out pretty high last year, so I guess he does OK on most of the plays--except those that will get the QB killed.
  16. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Ok, I'm relatively new to football, but seriously - the RT isn't at fault there. He looked like he was blocking for a completely different play. There's no comparison of that boo boo to the Alex Smith Bledsoe impression.

At any rate, if Vollmer is stepping in at either tackle, we might as well trade Brady for picks RIGHT now, because he'd be deceased by game #3.
  17. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +277 / 6 / -4

Indeed. Vollmer will start eventually, but he's still got a ways to go... too raw at this point.
  18. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He totally whiffed on that play, but other than that, he looked fine. Not NEARLY as bad as O'Callahan looked.
  19. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Smith didn't fail to see him. He turned, looked directly at him, shifted slightly to his left, and then went back to help out against the end. I'm not really sure what the hell he was doing, but he definitely saw him.
  20. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -0

Bizarre, wasn't it? It's as if he considered stopping the rusher coming unimpeded to the QB's blindside, but thought better of it. Then turned around afterwards to see what had become of Hoyer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.