PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kawika Mitchell - Would he make a good fit in New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I like the guys grit he showed yesterday while playing on a gimpy ankle he still played a good part of the game and had 3 solo tackles in the Giants win over Tampa Bay

I hear the Giants are likely not to extend his contract and he will be a FA in 2008

Even though he is an OLB I think he can either try the move to inside or maybe Adalius goes back inside and since we dont know what will be of Colvin right now I think it makes sense,Obviously there is going to be a HUGE hole in the middle of the defense when Bruschi and Seau retire most likely this offseason.

Would you like to see Kawika in a Pats uniform?

Last edited:
If BB likes him, then I'm sure he'd be a decent fit and most of us on here would be on board with the move. (Let's forget about Monty Beisel...)

I think there's a chance NE could look at him. He's got the size (6'1" 253lbs), and seems to be developing into a better all around LB. I don't think he'll cost that much on the market either, so it's a possibility. He'd play ILB in NE's system by the way, and he's seen more time at MLB than OLB throughout his career.

Here's some info from his scouting report:

Intelligent ... can adjust to different defenses ... good overall athlete for the position ... plays hard and never stops competing ... has improved as a leader ... does a good job of shifting and aligning players according to the offensive alignment pre-snap ... His awareness and instincts for the position have improved ... He used to take some false steps in run support but has been able to trust his feet more of late, and play with more of an attacking style ... good sideline to sideline range ... good hustle and effort ... Willingly takes on blockers at the point and will hold his ground, but still needs to improve his ability to shed in run support (something that he'd have to do in NE's defense) ... Solid tackler inline and in space ... depandable tackler ... runs with TE's well ... Hasn't really been a playmaker, but makes the plays he should.

Victor Hobson will likely be one of the main options at LB in free agency for NE by the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey