Welcome to PatsFans.com

Katrina "Victims" abuse system

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Feb 14, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

NY Times & CNN avoid this story, they try to make believe it doesn't exist, they have a better one, Cheney shot a guy :singing:

I love it when the "Politically Correct Dip Sh!ts" get screwed like that.

Can't say much more than that, I will get repremanded.
  3. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

It just goes to show why these people are poor in the first place. Poor money managment decisions.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

It's a Republican program. Republicans don't know how to provide social services. Of course there's abuse, but the real abuse is not the $450 tattoo or a subscription to Penthouse, it's the abuse the big companies that are milking the government for millions. Figures the righties would focus on the poor slobs, while the rich rip us off in a big way. That's the difference between right and left. The right-wing is more worried about poor people stealing $450, then rich people stealing millions. No wonder we have such a big deficit -- because the right-wing worships mammon.

http://www.counterpunch.org/nader10082005.html
  5. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Of course, its ALWAYS someone else's fault.

If thats not Platform #1 of the left (Zero personal responsibility) then I dont know what is.
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

Okay Turd, here's a tough one for you:

- Person A is using (wrongly, but perhaps not illegally) $450 of aid to get a tattoo
    - Person B is using (wrongly, but perhaps not illegally) $192 million of aid to house people at an exorbitant rate ($2500/wk or 4x the going rate)

Now here's the part you seem to be having trouble with. But, think it through. Who is unfairly taking more from the taxpayers, person A who took $450 or person B who took $192 million? Good luck.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

Chapter 1
    Maggot robs store.
    Store owner shoots maggot.
    Maggot lives.

Chapter 2
    Maggot gets lawyer, sues store owner.
    Store owner looses, ACLU & Maggot win.

Chapter 3
    Maggot now owns store.
    Store owner goes to jail.

Patters your a true died in the wool Liberal, take the blame away from the Maggots that got the tattoo's and blew the money then blame the people that gave them the money. Glorious Liberlism.

Turn the Maggot loose
    Put the cop in jail.
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm so glad you choose to focus on this instead of much bigger examples of fraud in government. It shows your real agenda.
  9. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This case is indicative of why the government shouldn't be involved in any big-money giveaways.

National defense, foreign policy, basic infrastructure = stuff that government is good at doing.

Big money giveaways (welfare state management) = stuff that government is bad at doing.
  10. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Person A is a drain on the economy, does not producing anything, does not pay taxes

Person B Employess hundreds of people, strengthens the economy, pays corporate taxes, property taxes and all employed pay income tax.

Which person is more valuable?
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So according to you white-collar crime is then OK because the white-collar criminals employed people and contributed to society?
  12. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No--i said nothing of the kind. You are dismissing person A because they steal less.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

ELOrocks, I don't think anyone is dismissing person A, but it's perverse to worry about a poor person misusing $450, while rich people are misusing far greater sums. Why is it that right-wingers like you seem more concerned about the abuses by poor people than the abuses by rich people. I haven't seen you post anything about Carnival Cruise Lines, Enron, Halliburton, and so on, and their abuses have far more profound consequences on our nation that that person who got a tattoo. I think you're priorities are messed up. Are you a social climber desperately trying to get in the good graces of the wealthy? What's your bigger point? That poor people can't be trusted? C'mon ELOrocks, out with it, what are you really trying to say? Do you know? (If not, Harry might say it for you.)
  14. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Person B takes from you, the average American taxpayer, and puts that money into their own pocket. Do you think that some company with the morals to charge three times the going rate for using a cruise liner is going to pay all of their taxes? If this strengthens the economy (that is, taking your taxes and giving it to the rich), the Government would like even more of your money. The American people (and those of us whose countries export to you) are grateful for your sacrifice. What the hell, if you want to keep voting for tax cuts for the rich, go ahead.
    Admittedly, some of your tax money will be spent on American goods, but some will go to European manufacturers, who will pay taxes to the EU, and will put money into the British Economy (our industry is screwed so I can't talk about British exports).

BTW Person A's money goes into the economy. It is highly likely that the tatooist will spend the cash he/she earns in the local economy.

BTW, if we are talking about personal responsibility, why does nobody ever blame the hyper rich at the top who benefit from taxes (money spent on infrastructure, educating their employees, defence and law enforcement) but who pay minimal taxes in some cases? Why don't many conservatives consider this a case of abrogating personal responsibility, when they rightly consider that to be the case with someone poor spending $450 on a tatoo?
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  15. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well Patters, no one has brought up anything about thos companies.--What has Carnival done?
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

ELOrocks, do you only get your news from Michael Savage? The Carnival Cruise Lines have been news since shortly after the hurricane and in another thread you professed to not knowing about Bush actually on record wanting to legalize torture. I'm not asking you to turn off Michael Savage, but for goodness sake pick up a newspaper. Carnival charges $192 million for the use of 3 cruise ships to house people -- that's roughly $2500 per week per room or four times the amount Carnival charges for a week's cruise on the Caribbean.
  17. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh--that. Yes, i knew about that--I am a travel agent who books cruises after all.. Carnival said that to bring the ships up to code after its don with the evacuees--they will need to totally refurbish all 4 ships before they can put them back in service.
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

... which is obviously bs since they normally rent the rooms out for much less and still manage to periodically refurbish the ships.
  19. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its my understanding that it takes a minimum of 6 months to refurbish a ship. So all 3 will be out of commision for 6 months after the last evacuee leaves. all 3 need to go into drydock. NOw the Carnival Elation alone holds around 2000 people. At $450 per person/per week That 1 ship is losing $900,000 for every week it is not in service, times that by 24 weeks (6 months) and that total comes to $21,600,000. Times that by 3 and we have a total of $64,800,000. That is just the 6 months after they stop using them for the evacuees.--how long have they been in service to Katrina? Since Sept?
  20. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

but...but..emotion is so much easier to base judgements on than facts and logic!