Welcome to PatsFans.com

Karma strikes again..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Mar 30, 2008.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +557 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Humans have been killing animals for food since the dawn of man but I just can't bring myself to understand in this day and age why this "bashing little heads" has to be done.

I watched a film of that "baby seal slaughter" years ago and could never watch it again, I can't understand how those people can sleep at night or even love their children, they are disgusting people.

If the Seal Killers complain about "making money" the people that handed out $2000 debit cards to the Katrina people should send some food stamps and Debit Cards up to the "Seal Killers" and let the little Seals go about their business of swimming and laying around in the sun.

Where's Mary Tyler Moore & Sean Penn when you really need them.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Seems like a brutal enterprise that certainly holds no appeal for me. To club to death thousands of baby seals would be a form of torture for most people, I would guess.

OTOH, if the seals are going to die anyway, due to over-population, then humans taking them, rather than the sea or the polar bears, would be acceptable. Logic tells me if the seal population is not limited through harvesting (as we see in this seal-culling process described above), this will produce a rise in seal predators, probably polar bears. I like polar bears, and believe they should be protected from extinction, but too many of them can cause problems, too.

So, it seems the choice is: let the seals die naturally, or let humans harvest them for fur (and meat?). Sounds like what we do with a lot of other animals and fish. So, no big deal in the end. Just don't ask me to do the clubbing/culling.

//

4. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

What a bunch of tree-hugging hippies you all are:D

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not supposed to be a "sport"; it's all business. Money. But, as I understand, the seal population can handle the culling that these guys do. Nasty work. I wouldn't do it. But for these guys, it's what they do, apparently, and it's all legal. The seals -- babies or adults -- would likely die anyway from other predators or lack of food; they could become a nuisance, too, with over-population.

//

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What you mean, "you all", white man!! Who you calling a "hippie"???? :mad:

:D

//

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

So man's intervention in the process of natural selection is a good thing?? The answer is even more simple stop folks from wearing white seal coats.. I do not understand you position here.

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Do you eat fish?? Do you like lobster? Clams? Oysters? I sure do. Love 'em all.

So, what's the difference between harvesting seals for their skins, which would otherwise get eaten -- and maybe regurgitated -- by some bear or wolves, or from dying from starvation, and man harvesting a limited number.

I don't get the "sanctity" of fur-bearing creatures???? I think too many people have been cowed by the radical PETA and earth-first extremists.

//

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

It is neither, and has nothing to do with Peta.. earth first does not have all that much to do with it.. if you have to ask will never understand.. not going to waste my breath.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Look at the things we do to Chickens, we chase them around then when we catch them we behead them, we steal their eggs and fry their kids, we carry them by their feet while the blood is rushing to their heads and we probably slaughter ten million of them each day in this country alone.

Can you just imagine the terror you will feel the day you die and you take your trip through the tunnel to the bright light then when you emerge into the Kingdom Of God you are greeted by a ball of mist with what seems to be a long neck protruding from the top, you are told to follow this thing, you are led to a long golden building with little windows all along the sides, there is a sign over the door, it says
    "Gods Human House Open All Night" the Mist Thing pushes you inside, lights come on, you smell food, you hear a lot of cackling and clucking then you look up on the wall at the brightly colored signs and you start to read them,
    “Human Deep Fried Breasts”
    “Human Nuggets”
    “Human And Gravy”
    “Human Salad”
    “Human Drumsticks”
    “Buffalo Arms”
    “Human Strips”
    “Barbecued Human”
    “Human Stuffing”

“Special Today Bring Home A Whole Human With All The Fixings Ready To Cook”

Then You Meet God

GOD IS A CHICKEN

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, here I've given you yet another chance to offer your perspective, as I did with Alaska oil, and you just don't want to "waste your breath".

So much for your effort to reach consensus.

//

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

I will put it simply most people on this earth do not like the idea of clubbing defenseless baby seals for their fur, not for subsistence.. so rich folks can wear pretty white fur coats.. it is not that complicated, don't make it more than it is.

As far as the Alaska oil thing went you said it was underreported by MSM, and I pointed out it was not underreported.. that is all... you want me to provide information and I told you to google or yahoo it yourself.. stop being so lazy and do some work before you post whack ideas...

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Emotionalism, plain and simple. People don't like the sight of baby seals getting clubbed, but if people could see how sausages are made, they'd never eat them again. I happened onto a Purdue chicken slaughtering plant one day in my travels. I went right inside to meet some people. I saw the chickens being strung up by their feet, still alive and squawking to beat the band. Then, as they were being carried on this hanging conveyor belt, they each passed by a fixed blade which neatly sliced off their heads. Talk about blood all over the floor!!! On the walls, all over the equipment. EVERYWHERE.

So, do I still eat chicken now, after having seen all that??? Sure do. And so would most anybody else.

//

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

Here is the difference, I will go real slow.. the chickens are for sustinence.. the seals are to make people pretty.. it is not that difficult.

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, you can say the issue has gotten enough air time, but I think there's more here than we've been told, at least to suit me. Maybe you are all comfy with it; you probably think drilling in Alaska is immoral. What's immoral is allowing drunks to captain oil tankers, like the Exxon Valdez. Exxon should have been forced into permanent government oversight for that, but they were allowed to skate.

I'm going to find out whether there's oil in Alaska that is not being drilled.

//