Welcome to PatsFans.com

Karl Rove Resigning Aug. 31...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 13, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +198 / 7 / -23

Being reported in a WSJ interview that he is resigning on Aug. 31, betcha he is gonna run the Republican Election Efforts.. as much as I do not care for this man, better to know the dog that will bite you.
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Wow.
    I thought he'd stick to the very end.
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

He doesan't have to physicaly be in the White house to orchastrate things. He'll could act as a consultant to the president, and keep his security clearance like Libby did even after he resighned. This will also get him out of the spotlight concerning his involvment in various,and sundry investigations. He could handle the planning of campaigns,and still give Bush guidance. Except Bush is getting most of his guidance from Fred Fielding these days.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 1 / -9

He's one of the Democrats worst nightmares, Billy Blue Dress once said "I wish he was on our side"
  5. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

On the contrary, I thought Karl Rove is the best thing that happened to the Democrat Party.

Just ask Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Harry Reid.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I agree with GJAJ15. I bet he'll be involved in the elections. Maybe he'll take charge of Fred Thompson's campaign. The last Congressional election notwithstanding, Rove is a brilliant campaign strategist, and his resignation is not good news, unless he also announces he's retiring from politics.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

He's half a dope. He's a win at all costs kind of guy. He's a homer's favorite, which to me, is usually one of the worst kinds of people. Why? Cuz homers don't care if their home town guy kicks a guy in the nuts while the ref isn't looking, or puts vasoline on a baseball when he pitches, so long as he wins. Those types are my least favorite. My guess is he's leaving to work on the GOP election strategy. Personally, I think he's overrated. If he was so good, why did the GOP get tea bagged in November? The only thing that can save the GOP in 2008, is the Democratic party.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Not sure how I feel about this.

This guy is pure Evil, if you've seen or read anything about his life, he is a truly bitter man who uses unethical tactics to manipulate the public to swing elections. Don't belive me? Ask John McCain about South Carolina in 2000.

There is a great documentary on his relationship with the Bush family called "Bush's Brain" I suggets seeing it, with a barf bag next to you.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

So basically he's no different than 99% of the political advisors in this country. :D
  10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So in otherwords, he does the exact same things every single other politician in the country does.

You hate him because he's good at what he does. If he was doing the exact same things but was a liberal, he would be a cult hero for you.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Swiftboating is now an actual part of our lexicon.

sad times.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +369 / 1 / -9

I've never heard a "Fox Reporter" do this, (Scumbag CBS Liberal Sore Losing Media Bush Hater Bastards) the Hate is so obvious.

Bill Plante's Having None of This Garden Party
    As Karl Rove embraced President Bush today following an emotional farewell announcement on the South Lawn, the solemnity of the moment was shattered by Bill Plante of CBS, who bellowed to Bush: "If he's so smart, how come you lost Congress?"
    http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowl...es_having_none_of_this_garden_party_64986.asp
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that'a legitimate question that any journalist is supposed to ask... it's called "the tough questions".... the kind of questions they DIDN'T ask before Boy King was allowed to start his crusade...

you're right about two things here, genius: 1) your hate is obvious; 2) Fox News reporter never would ask the tough questions...
  14. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Did you get that from ThinkProgresss, Fraud :singing:

Here's a little po......... errrr, I mean video for ya Fraud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=besYdV-JsRk

Make sure to draw the curtains, you wouldn't wanna upset the neighbor kiddies. Don't say I never gave you anything....

:singing: :singing: :singing:
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i see... keep calling me "Fraud" when you've proven NOTHING that i've presented as fraudulent...

so, you went from conceding reasonability right back to being a jerk... how ironic that you whine and b!tch about others doing it, yet you're an instigating pr!ck yourself, aren't you? at least i can admit it...
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Oh, I'll admit it every day..... :D

which is why I added the smiley face. Lighten up..... We are about to battle wits are we not. YOU are not my enemy.
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

anyhow... Rupert's new acquisition gets "right" to "work"

Wall Street Journal reports scoop on Rove resignation in editorial, rather than news pages

By JEREMY HERRON
    AP Business Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - On the day it was revealed that the man credited with putting President George W. Bush in the White House was quitting, there were no banner headlines in the country's major newspapers.

There was no mention of it on the front page of The Washington Post, The New York Times or USA Today.

That's because Karl Rove, Bush's close friend and chief political strategist, chose to quietly make the announcement through an interview with longtime acquaintance Paul Gigot, the editorial page editor of the Wall Street Journal.

It was Rove doing what he has done, consummately, for his tenure in The White House: controlling the message.

The Journal, which is owned by Dow Jones & Co., told readers on the front page of its Monday editions to turn to the editorial pages for the "why" behind the Rove story. There, Gigot revealed Rove's resignation in a lengthy recap of his soft-hitting interview with the longtime Bush adviser, held in Rove's "book-lined living room of his townhome on Saturday afternoon."

The paper's news pages had no mention of the day's biggest scoop.

"Rove has done this very skillfully, he's the master of spin," said Louis Ureneck, chair of the journalism department at Boston University. "He selected a friendly environment in which to make his announcement and in a sense control the message. If he had told a reporter, he likely would have faced tougher questions."
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +198 / 7 / -23

Thought it was interesting that the newly bought WSJ got this story.. maybe it is payback for Murdoch being a loyal right winger.. not sure how the loonie moonie times, aka the Washington Times, will like the sloppy seconds of this story and daddie moonie might not come across with as much money as he has in the past.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +369 / 1 / -9

Have you looked closely at the lineup of a$s holes the democrats are running for President.

History will repeat itself in 2008

1 People look at Democrats, they see nothing but a bunch of screaming babbling liberal loonies.

2 Fred Thompson Hires Carl Rove

3 Democrats go after Thompsons family and his dog.

4 Thompson wins

5 Democrats run to their Shrinks again

6 Alec Baldwin finally leaves America for good

7 Democrats say Thompson stole the election

8 Jessie Jackoff demands recount in Florida then goes back to his church to pray (Thompson wins again)

9 Illegal Aliens rounded up and deported

10 God & Jesus look down from Heaven and Smile.
    :bricks:
  20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Don't be so sure, I'm putting my money on Mitt.