Welcome to PatsFans.com

Karl Rove believes the most credible polls on GWB are done by the RNC....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 16, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

This is a pretty revealing about the insulation and disconnect of GWB and Karl Rove that they really believe that the polls, other than the RNC, are completely bogus and should be disregarded... guess once again everyone else is stupid and wrong and these guys are correct... there may be questions about the source, but there is play pretty much across the major newspapers in the US about his comments.... they really believe his low numbers are completely due to the Iraq situation, perhaps GWB would be served better if he spent some time with folks who do not agree with him.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/05/15/rove-polls-bush/

Rove On Bush: ‘People Like Him, They Respect Him, He’s Somebody They Feel A Connection With’
    Today in his speech at the American Enterprise Institute, Karl Rove claimed that the most credible polls on President Bush are run by the RNC, and they are saying the American public likes him:

But the polls I believe are the polls that get run through the RNC. And I look at those polls all the time. The American people like this president. His personal approval ratings are in the 60s. Job approval is lower. And what that says to me is that people like him, they respect him, he’s somebody they feel a connection with, but they’re just sour right now on the war. And that’s the way it’s going to be.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I saw that on C-SPAN last night. Unreal. People in the room were kinda looking sadly at him.
    He needs to get over to a meeting and address his denial.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2005
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

I think if you live in a world with staged, screened audiences and never have to deal with the fence sitters or protestors your views get very skewed.. it is sad that our leaders really feel this way... guess the RNC can rig any poll to agree with what he is doing..the prognosis for reconsideration of any of his views are dim.

4. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I've long held that that was a fundamental difference between Bush and Clinton. Clinton took the time to surround himself with people who didn't see things from his POV, even putting Republicans in cabinet positions.

W. has no use for anybody who doesn't chant "Yes, Boss. Great idea, Boss." while massaging his testicles. It's probably his fatal flaw as President.

Joe Biden in '08

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Thanks for ruining my day with that imagery. :eek: I have no idea how many beers at lunch that will take to erase. :rolleyes:

6. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Won't it be fun finding out? I do that once in a while. Usually the number is around seven.

Honestly, in over six years, I have heard someone in Bush's circle disagree with him exactly once, and that was Dick Cheney in the V-P debate saying that he felt gay-rights issues were best left to the states. However, if he didn't happen to have a gay daughter, I'm sure he would've boisterously supported an amendment to the Constitution.

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

No, Paul O'Neil disagreed with him......oh yea.