Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kansas City MO.=North Amerikan Union "inland port hub"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Despite claims to the contrary, a planned Midwest "inland port" with a Mexican customs office will not be restricted to railroad traffic, according to internal documents obtained by WorldNetDaily.
    As WND has reported, Kansas City SmartPort plans to utilize deep-sea Mexican ports such as Lazaro Cardenas to unload containers from China and the Far East as part of the North American Free Trade Agreement super-highway plan. The plan would include the hotly contested allowance of Mexican trucks on U.S. roads, WND has reported, but Tasha Hammes of the Kansas City Area Development Council has insisted the port will be restricted to railroad traffic.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50938

http://www.kcsmartport.com/

2. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is really going to hurt american workers, and definately help mexico and stock investors which as we know is more important to some.

3. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

NAFTA already shot holes in the American way... this just "paves" the way.

All agriculture related jobs/businesses are/will be majorly affected.

Many others will be also.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

This, coupled with the superhighway, will spell America's demise and way of life as we know it. Imagine the impact on the truckers, people who work the docks and all of the ancillary businesses... leave stuff alone, and stop destroying our american way. Maybe all the people who loose their jobs can go work at Wal Mart where they will earn about 1/3 as much w/no benefits.

5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +738 / 11 / -7

Ooookay, let's see. Do you think they're building this thing in St. Louis as some kind of social program, or do you think there's money involved?

Somebody makes money out of the port. Somebody makes money selling the goods. Somebody wants the goods and therefore there's a demand for them.

That's the reality of the American way, business... where there's a dollar to be made, people rush to make it. How does whining about the building of this port project in any way relate to that reality? It might be regrettable from a jobs standpoint, but I think we're well beyond where protectionism can be restored on the basis of lost jobs.

Now, as to spending the money we earn on overseas military actions... that's something we can affect.

PFnV

6. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

All of this is done for a reason.

The WTO/UN/CFR/Bilderberger's/and everything else related to it...demands that there only be 2 classes of income.

Upper

Lower

Think of the world government as Robin Hood.

Ciao middle class. Pretty soon, there will be no such thing.

I'm willing to bet money on it...

If you disagree...then prove me wrong.

Why else would all of the Amerikan corporations farm the work to cheaper places?

Immigration?

GM, Ford, and many others in the pipeline layoff longtime workers...

"They" need to flood the market with low pay...dilute the old way of life.

Yes, for the big corporations...it makes perfect sense.

BUT...

For the middle class... it will annihilate us in the near future.

It will become a master and servant/slave civilization... again.

7. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I can only assume you've been watching a Twilight Zone marathon.

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

You need to take a look at this and how it may effect you and your family, it is not that far from reality. The impact of this could be astronomical on our current way of life.

9. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last night C-span talked about the global economy and how the economist push the agenda on the media and then the public. It was a good show, and economist sell it globally without reporting the loss of american jobs. From manufacture to the global economy it is reported as plus to consumers and world markets, although the american worker is left out of the debate.
    In this forum unions are lazy and bad, that message was played in the 80's and has taken root. My post is vaque and I will do some research to post more soundly on this issue.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +738 / 11 / -7

I have to say for my own part, that I have seen less than ideal results from the perverse incentives the American labor movement has supported -- though from a personal and anecdotal point of view, not a systemic one. But the world is changing.

I think what we're seeing is a reflection of the fact that our lower class lives like many peoples' upper classes. Our upper class will indeed jump to make a buck on that fact, but the essential problem is that it is now easy to get goods from point A to point B. Why do you think your bloody playstation isn't a $1,000 toy?

I guess my point was really one of pragmatism. Do we really expect the global economy to go away? If so, what is the replacement plan?

I'm all ears.

PFnV

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

Remember Clinton/Gore posing in the Rose Garden for the NY Times proudly wearing their NAFTA TEE SHIRTS?