PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kansas City Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah praying penalty questioned

"having fun" necessitates acting like a jack ass by some stupid dance meant to call attention to oneself even though it was a team effort that made the TD possible?

"having fun" necessitates acting like a jack ass by some stupid dance meant to call attention to oneself even though it was a team effort that made the TD possible?
I think that this post should be a sticky to remind us how some folks treat others who pray or celebrate.

I thought at the time that his celebration was prayer. Actually I didn't think that it was allowed. In any case, as someone said, I don't think that any celebrations lasting less then 20 seconds should be penalized (other than taunting another player). I see little difference from what he did to Tebowing or pointing to the sky (as so many do as a form of celebration. Perhaps crossing oneself will soon be banned?

If sliding into prayer is illegal (WTF?), then the league should make that clear.

In any case, the NFL made a mistake. It will be fixed. If the rule needs to be clarified, it will be.

Is there something wrong with his opinion.
I think that this post should be a sticky to remind us how some folks treat others who pray or celebrate.
Such tolerance?

Is there something wrong with his opinion.

Such tolerance?
We've been here before when the subject was Tebowing.

Folks are free to call praying "stupid celebration dances". It is a free country. I am free to criticize such comments.
=======

One is also free to call Muslims "scum" as cap has. Again, we are also free to criticize such nonsense. In that case, I thought that his post was clearly nonsense, and I felt no need for further comment.

I think the self aggrandizing is more the rub for the poster.

How about act like a professional without the need for stupid celebration dances?

"Act like you've been there before".

Hear hear!

My favorite moment in the NFL is when a player does a celebratory dance after tackling a runner at the end of a 5 yard gain.

One of the best of them all was the CB (Chris Canty?) for the Pats who used to dance while the ball was loose on the ground after a fumble.

No need to worry. Goody will fix it.

I think it was handled well after the fact. A Muslim group said, politely, "You got it wrong", and the NFL said, politely, "Oops, good point. We're sorry about that."

+1. It is what it is. Handled well all around.

I also forgot to add: Islam is a political movement, based on violence & hatred;
it is not a religion, and therefore should not be given protected 1st-Amendment status.

I also forgot to add: Islam is a political movement, based on violence & hatred;
it is not a religion, and therefore should not be given protected 1st-Amendment status.

I really don't want to go down this road, but: no.

How about act like a professional without the need for stupid celebration dances?

"Act like you've been there before".

I liked it when Earl Campbell carefully put the football in the end zone like it was an egg.

Also liked when Walter Peyton gave the ball to one of his OL and let them celebrate.

If you had said Islamofacism, I would have agreed.

I'm not going to lump Husain Abdullah with terrorists.

I sent a pretty good email today at the office. Davened like crazy afterwards.

Dear Captain Stone, i ignored your first post on Islam and the Billions of Muslims around the World, but your second post shows what a sorry and ignorant human being you are. I am a proud Muslim just like Abdullah and all he did was to Thank the Almighty for his moment of good play. Its obvious you havent travelled to the Middle East , so please dont write hurtful and ignorant comments about the REAL ISLAM. What you see in Media and the Wars are Extremists which we are fighting together . Bahrain Air Force was part of the Coaltion that bombed these Terrorists in Syria only last week. I am sure many here have many Muslim friends and will agree on what i am saying. Extremism exist in every Religion but if you ever travel to my part ,,Bahrain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman etc you will see the real and lovely people of Islam , as many other countries also i didn't mention. These Terrorists don't represent my Religion which you see in the news. On another front my heart hurt watching the Pats on Monday, but still think we can turn it around even as bad as we looked. They are only Human after all. God Bless. GO PATS.

Dear Captain Stone, i ignored your first post on Islam and the Billions of Muslims around the World, but your second post shows what a sorry and ignorant human being you are. I am a proud Muslim just like Abdullah and all he did was to Thank the Almighty for his moment of good play. Its obvious you havent travelled to the Middle East , so please dont write hurtful and ignorant comments about the REAL ISLAM. What you see in Media and the Wars are Extremists which we are fighting together . Bahrain Air Force was part of the Coaltion that bombed these Terrorists in Syria only last week. I am sure many here have many Muslim friends and will agree on what i am saying. Extremism exist in every Religion but if you ever travel to my part ,,Bahrain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman etc you will see the real and lovely people of Islam , as many other countries also i didn't mention. These Terrorists don't represent my Religion which you see in the news. On another front my heart hurt watching the Pats on Monday, but still think we can turn it around even as bad as we looked. They are only Human after all. God Bless. GO PATS.

Thank for reminding us of all the countries fighting alongside the US against terrorism and against ISIL. There are many Islamic countries that are our allies in the effort who are risking their lives every day. I would add Jordan and Saudi Arabia to your list. Of course, Turkey is a NATO ally and is fighting this day and deciding how to best fight against ISIL in the future.

We also should thank all the Islamic religious leaders who have recently spoken out against ISIL and supported the Coalition against terrorism.

Please accept our apologies and understand that captain stone does not represent the views of the majority of Americans. Obviously, he does indeed represent the view of a large minority of Americans.

I just don't want to see when a Wiccan scores. Don't they get nekkid and dance around pentagrams?

Just checked The Style Manual and 'nekkid' is the proper spelling in this context. A+

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back