PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kamerion Wimbley traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holmgren cleanin out the house. Very interesting.

I would have had no problem giving up a 3rd for him. He's still a young player and showed he could be an impressive pass-rusher his rookie season and had 6.5 sacks last year playing with an injured and mediocre Cleveland dline in front of him. I'd much rather have him than Thomas or Burgess.

Thank you Eric and Mike H. Now we can pry Wimbley from old scenile Al for a 7th and some Dunkin Donuts.

I guess it was for a #3, either ours or the Raiders. Wimbley was a disappointment after his rookie year but they're dumping guys. Looks like it'll get worse before it gets better in Cleveland.

Wouldn't be surprised if we were in on this action. Had his best year under Romeo and is one of the few guys over the last ten years who fit BB's 6'4 4.6 profile for OLBs coming into the draft (6’4 248 4.61)

I guess it was for a #3, either ours or the Raiders. Wimbley was a disappointment after his rookie year but they're dumping guys. Looks like it'll get worse before it gets better in Cleveland.

Yup. Holmgren didn't succeed in Seattle but he's determined to rebuild the same basic team in Cleveland. Eric will be the scapegoat for the rebuilding year. I bet he's apopleptic about now because the handwriting is on the wall and he doesn't even get to read the handbook... Goes around comes around...

Are they willing to trade Dqwell Jackson for a low round pick by any chance :cool:

Yup. Holmgren didn't succeed in Seattle but he's determined to rebuild the same basic team in Cleveland. Eric will be the scapegoat for the rebuilding year. I bet he's apopleptic about now because the handwriting is on the wall and he doesn't even get to read the handbook... Goes around comes around...

From Holmgren's point of view it's the perfect crime. Why hitch your wagon and regime to the new coach you bring in with you. Keep the incumbent coach. Blow it up for a year. Incumbent coach takes the axe. It's really not a bad idea. No fingerprints on Holmgren, then he brings in his guy and looks like a hero. Oh except for one thing......It's CLEVELAND!

can't feel sorry for him. he got a chance in cleveland he never really deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes