PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kam Chancellor hurt in practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the first Superbowl against the Giants. Brady hurt his ankle against the Chargers 2 weeks earlier. I remember the second Superbowl against the Giant. Gronkowski hurt his ankle 2 weeks earlier against the Ravens. Both played however both were not 100%.
Not sure health would have helped in 42 but in 46 it was a major factor.

Hey ... did anyone feel bad for us when we had to use Earthwind Moreland?

Yeah, I haven't seen the Giants handing over the SB 46 trophy because of Gronk's ankle.

Does getting a knee wrapped mean anything or would they do that regardless of severity?

People just go look at some of the past stunts and shenanigans Carroll has pulled. Don't believe this for a second.

"Kam, baby, second to last play hit the deck holding your knee".

And I have a feeling Sherman and Thomas aren't as injured as reported.

Seahawks win- Overcame injuries
Seahawks loss- 3 of our best defenders were injured

Did you watch the NFCCG? There is no doubt that Sherman and Thomas were hurt.

If he is less than 100%, it is huge. He is the guy who would be covering Gronk. They have no one else big and physical enough. Their LBs are small and fast.

If he is less than 100%, it is huge. He is the guy who would be covering Gronk. They have no one else big and physical enough. Their LBs are small and fast.

KC is not playing Gronk man to man the entire game. They'll jam him with their LBs, they'll bracket the coverage/zone & man and sometimes play man.

KC is not playing Gronk man to man the entire game. They'll jam him with their LBs, they'll bracket the coverage/zone & man and sometimes play man.

He would draw him most of the time likely with help a lot of the time. Sure they will bracket him, but he is the lynchpin.

Also, I think the Seahawks are team that plays their defense and don't alter it much for the opponent. So I don't know if they are easily adaptable to this injury especially when the game plan is already in place. The timing of this injury is huge because the practices are over.

If it is a serious enough injury, they are going to have to revise their game plan without practicing it. It is sort of when the Pats played the Jets in 2010 and Jim Leonhard broke his leg late in the week and it destroyed everything the Jets were planning to do and they got crushed 45-3.

Did you watch the NFCCG? There is no doubt that Sherman and Thomas were hurt.

Sherman has torn ligs in his elbow. He'll have some kind of contraption to stabilize the area but his ability to tackle, make sudden arm movements going for the ball and jamming receivers will be something to watch closely.

If this article has any shred of truth, Thomas is going to be severely limited.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Monday-Morning-MD-3057.html

Although the brace allows Thomas to play, it will limit his mobility and change his play. He will not be able to reach up and out with his left arm to battle a receiver, bat down a ball or reach an interception. When he tackles, he will not be able to wrap up with his left shoulder. Instead, look for him to lower his shoulder to deliver a blow with his left arm at his side.

Last edited:
The Seahawks D is the best in the league b/c of these three guys. If they are not themselves, then its not the best D in the league. We might be able to score more on these guys than I was anticipating.

As long as we stop the run, we should be able to turn the ball back over to Brady and he should get more possessions than the last two SBs.

i dont buy it.
nfl should fine the hawks for ****ing with the injury report
Agree!! Patriots will test all these supposedly injured players. They'll know who is legit and who is not and then they'll try to exploit.

I don't believe Sherman and Thomas can be 100%. Sherman has been full but he did play a game with one arm, could've practiced that way. Thomas has been limited I believe.

If kam is just so much a touch slower in this game, that could be huge.

I dont understand how Sherman and Thomas healed so fast. They had separated shoulders and torn ligaments and are now somehow '100%'??

Unless, it's all a smokescreen and they're still severely hurt

I dont understand how Sherman and Thomas healed so fast. They had separated shoulders and torn ligaments and are now somehow '100%'??

PEDs...it's the seahawks

I don't think Sherman or Thomas is 100% but I wouldn't buy into it unless I could prove it on the field. As far as Kam, who knows but I'm betting it is nothing. Wouldn't even be surprised if it is a show. Wouldn't be surprised by anything.

He'll play and I expect him to play well.

This is the SB. Unless it's broken and/or paralyzed, guys will play on significant injuries with reckless abandon. Whatever pills, wraps, shots, voodoo will be employed. As a player this is it, this is the time to either make your name or elevate your name. Whatever it takes is the mantra for most of these guys for this game.

IMHO these "he's hurt" threads are a mental opioid for the nervous. So I hate to tell you the following: there will be no pardon from no governor, no miracle cure, no game changing Ace Ventura QB disappearance. Whatever the Seahawks are and whatever the Patriots are will clash tomorrow evening. You can forget about a twisted ankle or wrapped knee playing any kind X factor importance.
Of course they'll play. Just like Gronk played in 2011. How did that work out for the Pats? The question isn't whether they'll play, it's whether their performance will be impacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes