PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kai Parham ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevster

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
... ran a 5.03 and a 5.11. Someone posted here before that this guy might be drafted in Round 2. Not likely.

bevster said:
... ran a 5.03 and a 5.11. Someone posted here before that this guy might be drafted in Round 2. Not likely.

OUCH. That is very bad. That is a half second slower than people thought he would do. His stock is going to plummet.

bevster said:

That would be me. :( I was actually thinking the Pats might have to trade up to get him since so many teams run the 3-4 and he's from Virginia (Al Groh).

OUCH is an understatement. How can a LB run that slow? That's unheard of. I figured he would run a 4.75-4.8, at worst. He didn't look that slow in games.

Oh well, all this means is that he'll be the steal of the draft :singing:

BTW, what was his weigh-in?

Last edited:
He's a Ted Johnson replacement candidate with his size and reputation. I think I'd like to try DE Mike Kudla of the Ohio State in the TJ run stuffer role, he ran a 4.6-ish 40 and benched 45 reps and is 6'2" 265. Not a knock on Kai, I just think we can find the same run stuffing quality in a more athletic package.

Yeah, I was talking up Parham quite a lot too. That time sucks. It's slower than some DTs. I know he's got perfect size and great intangibles. But that speed just ain't gonna cut it.

I agree on Kudla. Other than him, a conversion project that interests me is Mark Anderson from Alabama.

Last edited:
jczxohn1 said:
http://virginiasports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/parham_kai00.html

bio (nothing about 2005 other than scholarship. must not have been updated since start of last season. )

6'3" 253 lb ILB hard hitter, 2nd on team in tackles sophomore yr. Quiet, belies his nature on the field--

Heaviest LB on the board, good height, we need a guy like this.
Here's his 2005 stats--
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDe...g=746&player=44

Interesting he had 8.5 sacks from an ILB position. May play faster than he timed out. Kudla does sound like a beast, but will likely draw a lot of interest.

jczxohn1 said:
Here's his 2005 stats--
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDe...g=746&player=44

Interesting he had 8.5 sacks from an ILB position. May play faster than he timed out. Kudla does sound like a beast, but will likely draw a lot of interest.
Parham played both inside and outside. Al Groh had him blitz quite a bit. Same with Ahmad Brooks.

keep in mind, BB and Poli tend to draft guys who can make plays, and rarely look at combine stuff IMO.

Last edited:
I too talked up Parham quite a bit. He definitely plays faster than a 5 plus in the forty. Part of the reason for that is because his instincts are so good. I would be very curious to know if he went to any speed camps before the combine. If he did, he needs a refund.

Still worth a pick?

With that timing, Kai probably drops out of the first day. Too many other good players who are faster (particularly OLBs abd DBs). Lucky for us we have 3 early second day picks. I think his colllege production warrants using our second 4th rounder on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back