Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This can't be good for him...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/03/24/risers.sliders/1.html

4. Kai Parham, LB, Virginia: The underclassman bettered his times from the combine, though not by much. Parham clocked in at 4.91 and 4.99 in the 40, in addition to a horribly slow 4.79 in the short shuttle, a time beaten by most offensive linemen. He'll go in the late rounds of the draft.

Of course, Jonathan Scott, who'd I thought could be a good replacement for Gorin, isn't helping himself either.

Interesting, around the time he declared, Parham was touted as a speedster and a pass rush demon. Could be the case of a guy who plays faster than he's clocked. If he falls, he's definitely worth a look in day 2.

stinkypete said:
Interesting, around the time he declared, Parham was touted as a speedster and a pass rush demon. Could be the case of a guy who plays faster than he's clocked. If he falls, he's definitely worth a look in day 2.
Bingo.....

I heard hes a Patriots type of player. Only problem is we really need a good replacement for Willie and we have more needs than to draft a guy like him too early. Hes not going to second day, I believe he'll be a 4th rounder possibly late 3rd

Remix 6 said:
I heard hes a Patriots type of player. Only problem is we really need a good replacement for Willie and we have more needs than to draft a guy like him too early. Hes not going to second day, I believe he'll be a 4th rounder possibly late 3rd
I continue to contend (how's that for onomotpeia) that Willie's replacement is Vrabel. What we need is replacement for TJ. Parham's worth a shot.

Parham will wind-up being a steal...

Remix 6 said:
I heard hes a Patriots type of player. Only problem is we really need a good replacement for Willie and we have more needs than to draft a guy like him too early.
We need a replacement for either Willie or TJ. The draft this year is loaded with talent at OLB (and DE/OLB tweeners), not ILB. So, getting a replacement for Willie makes more sense.

With all the talent at LB this year, I'd like to see us take at least two - possibly even three. I'd like to see us trade down about 5 picks in the first round (picking up perhaps a 3rd rounder?) and take Bobby Carpenter - primarily an OLB now, but he could learn ILB well. He's a great fit for a 3-4, and his relationship with Vrabel just makes him more appealing.

I'd like to also see us take at least one of these three: Ryan LaCasse, Chris GoCong, or Kai Parham. All three will likely be 3rd-5th round picks. LaCasse and GoCong are appealing as DE->OLB converts, with LaCasse having great physical tools to be a stellar 3-4 OLB, and great intangibles. Of the three, he's perhaps the one I'd like the best. But, if one of the others slips down into the 5th round, they'd definitely be worth taking there - giving us a stellar group of young 3-4 LBs for years to come IMO.

Hes not going to second day, I believe he'll be a 4th rounder possibly late 3rd
4th round is on the second day.

With his very slow times, I doubt he'll go day 1, and may fall even into the 5th round. If he does, he could be a steal.

How does a guy like Parham, who runs that slow, get 8.5 sacks in college last year without the benefit of playing beside Brooks almost ALL season????

I agree with Big Mike...... I can see us trading down and taking Bobby C. and reposition ourselves in round 2 or 3. Carpenter is my dream pick this year. Absolutely want him on our team.... :rocker:

I'm with Big Mike also...the loss of TJ and Bruschi decimated our interior. Vrabel played well but you know he has other special qualities Belichick likes to use on the outside. I would be shocked if Belichick picked a 1st round ILB...but I would not complain. He likes to develop them...he really doesn't have the time to do it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes