PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kade Weston NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you will, I don't think Richard will make the team and maybe Brace gets cut if they decide he's a lost cause but I think at least one of Brace/Weston makes the team along with Deaderick. Wilfork, Wright and G.Warren will make it and Pryor probably will too, not so sure about Lewis. At least that is how I see it playing out. I see them keeping 7 DL this year. With no Seymour and no Ty they will want a good rotation and also players with different strengths.

Wilfork
G.Warren
Wright
Pryor
Deaderick
2 of Brace/Weston/Lewis

I'd consider Richard and K.Love long shots.

Sounds good to me. Like you, I am a little concerned about Lewis. He was still on the field in the fourth quarter with the third stringers. I still have hope for him.

Last edited:
And Ethan Kelley was a wasted roster spot. We are better off bringing in a street free agent when we need an additional NT or NT backup, as we did last year. I don't sdee why it reasonable to use a roster spot to develop a backup NT. We have Wilfork. We have others to fill in in an emergency basis.

So, no I don't want to use a roster spot to develop a player who would take two years to develop, and then when ready, be inactive unless Wilfork were injured.

That being said, I have no problem at all with Weston making the team instead of Pryor if he is as ready to play this year as Pryor was last. And yes, I am even open to keeping a developing DL as one of our last roster spots.

i agree 100% i see no reason to develop a backup

Wilfork
G.Warren
Wright
Pryor
Deaderick
Brace
Lewis

I edited AQ's post, but I like this group. I think Brace is getting killed here, probably for good reason, but I think he'll eventually make the cut. Pryor is the new Jarvis Green IMO, making him a lock. You'll see him subbing on passing downs, but he can play the run acceptably. I also think we'll see Weston and Richard on the PS.

Overall, it's not as strong as we'd like. But maybe the upgraded LB Corps will help to compensate. Or maybe they'll go after someone, like Holley suggests.

Well Hell, let's just pare the roster down to 22 then.

MG point that i was agreeing with was that there is no reason to keep a guy on the roster that can't get on the field but in 2 or 3 years could be a good backup to wilfork,

I'm confused by this talk of needing a backup NT. Mike Wright is the backup NT, he has been since 2006.

As Belichick said regarding Warren, he's had some injuries over the years so this is something we're used to dealing with. As long as G Warren is serviceable and Pryor makes typical rookie to sophomore improvements in his game the line will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back