Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kadaffi, Quadaphi, Qhedafi...whatever

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Oct 20, 2011.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Apparently he's been caught or killed or something.

Don't approve of state-sponsored executions of other heads of state, but am not really greiving for him or his people that much, to be honest. I'm slightly more upset about the escaped tigers in Ohio. I do have a big problem with our management of the Empire, though. Are we going to take out Assad next? What happens when some Asian fanatic-led country who hates the US takes Obama out? What "moral outrage" can we reserve for them? Sure we can nuke them off the map, but by what legal or moral authority? Guess it comes down to whoever has the biggest dick (er, I mean military capability) gets their way. We've come so far from the first scenes of 2001:A Space Odyssey, haven't we?

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Links?

I see nothing saying it was the US that killed him. So why are you speculating we shot him?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

We better keep an eye out for them, they haven't forgotten us, THEY WILL COME.

IF IT LOOKS LIKE A DUCK IT'S USUALLY A DUCK.

TIGERS
    THAT ANIMAL SLAUGHTER IS THE GOVERNMENTS FAULT ALSO, TIGERS BELONG IN THE JUNGLE NOT IN SOME ASS HOLES BACK YARD.

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Where did he speculate that?

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I won't grieve for that POS either. Complete scum. I just don't know if we're going to be better off with whatever it is that replaces him. Look at Egypt. While Mubarak was a hard line, liberty destroying loser, what's replacing him might actually be worse. I think we may have opened the door on an eventual all out war in that region, where all these chaotic countries eventually hardline, join forces, and move in on Israel. Worse, would be if KofA and Iran mix it up in the process. I'm not saying that will happen. I'm just saying that the potential is there. We simply don't know what the end result is going to be in all these countries who's leadership has been knocked from power.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

He did in fact put forth speculation that the US was involved...at least if you read his opening post here....

or here...

maybe here...

or even this...

are you catching on MrsP?

Or did you think Wistah was inferring some other country assassinated him?

Wistah, why are you speculating the US had anything to do with Kadaffi's killing?

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

The US may not have killed him, but we fueled the insurrection and our bombings and drones were immensely helpful in the effort of the rebels to kill him.

What concerns me is that we do not know the dog that may bite us... there is no guarantee on the outcomes of this, conceptually things could be worse and there could be more instability in North Africa...

9. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Reports were a NATO air strike on a convey outside of Sirte. Though it could have been the rebels finishing the job ala Mussolini or Ceaușescu.

Libya`s Gaddafi `killed` in Sirte battle

10. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +229 / 5 / -4

#75 Jersey

Let me know when Obama sends in the Marines to fire on the OWS crowd or a Tea Party gathering.

U.N. Count of Syria Dead Now at 2,600

Libya protests: 140 'massacred' as Gaddafi sends in snipers to crush dissent - Telegraph

11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

So even if we did help do this, it's not a "state sponsored assassination" of a head of state if his own people had already overthrown him (which they had).

Also, a Nato sponsored strike implies "NATO", not US.

12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I think Wistah was saying that no matter how he died, or at whose hands he died, the US did nothing to suggest that it wouldn't meet with their approval...and the timing for it to be more is suggestive.

TRIPOLI, Libya -- The Obama administration offered millions of dollars in new aid to Libya as Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton encouraged the country's unsteady new leadership to commit to a democratic future free of retribution, and acknowledged in unusually blunt terms that the United States would like to see former dictator Moammar Gadhafi dead.

"We hope he can be captured or killed soon so that you don't have to fear him any longer," Clinton told students and others at a town hall-style gathering in the capital city.

Until now, the U.S. has generally avoided saying that Gadhafi should be killed.

Clinton in Libya to offer financial assistance (Gadhafi - "kill him" & Hillary gets death threats)

REACTION…U.N. Secretary General calls this the start of a “historic transition.” Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in Kabul, was handed a blackberry – she reads a message and says “Wow.” She turns to aides and says, “Unconfirmed reports Gaddafi has been captured.” Moments later, referring to her visit earlier this week to Tripoli, she says, “We came, we saw, he died.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...l-of-sirte-greeces-meltdown-thailands-crisis/

Are you?

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

The FACT is, Wistah was implying the US was responsible for his killing. That was my point and my only point.

That IS what wistah wrote regardless of Clinton's comments or any timing...both which are irrelevant to what wistah wrote.

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

He was nothing more than a filthy murdering terrorist pig, he's with Hitler now, they sleep together.

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't you realize you're arguing with the world's most perfect human being??!? You better hope you don't have any spelling mistakes. :D

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Women are BORN more perfect than men.

Says Rule #1 in the feminist handbook.

I won't argue that point. After all, someone may find some facts to back it up.

17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Looks as though we had a whole lot of responsibility here.. we used drones to take out the convoy.. and then the Libyan rebels killed him.

U.S. Drone Involved In Final Qaddafi Strike, As Obama Heralds Regime's 'End' | Fox News

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

So had the rebels not killed him, he'd still be alive?

Thanks for proving the United States did NOT kill Kadaffi!!

Very much appreciated!

Wistah was wrong on this one. It was not a state sponsored assassination.

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I think what he's saying is that had we not cleared the path the rebels could not have gotten to him. Had the rebels not gotten to him, yes, he'd probably still be alive.

One needn't necessarily be the one to enter the house and kill the occupant to be tried for murder in a court of law - if you pre-arranged to open the door and let the killers in, you can be considered equally guilty.

20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

So now you finally agree wistah was implying the US killed Kadaffi...

about time!

We bombed the convoy with the intention of capturing Kadaffi...and the SOB's murdered him instead. Shows you just how brutal the rebels are, huh?