Kaczur Perfect Fit With Patriots From Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Kaczur Perfect Fit With Patriots From Beginning

http://www.courant.com/sports/footb...04,0,4694752.story?coll=hc-headlines-football

If anyone in New England had even heard of Kaczur (pronounced (CASH-zur) a year ago, it's only because he and Toledo were preparing to play UConn in the Motor City Bowl. The Patriots drafted the 6-foot-4, 319-pound Kaczur in April with their second pick of the third round (100th overall).
-----
"He works hard," Patriots center Russ Hochstein said. "That's probably what's gotten him to where he is. Left tackle is a tough position, you have the best pass rushers in the league over there. It's a long game out there."
-----
"He's tough, he's strong, he's athletic, he's intelligent," said tackle Tom Ashworth, who filled in at left tackle in December when Kaczur missed back-to-back games with a shoulder injury. "He's got it all figured out. You're playing against the premier athletes in the league at left tackle, but he doesn't get intimidated."

I was very,very concerned when Matt Light went down but Nick has done a very good job.

Also, what an advantage a young lineman has being on a team with Dante as a coach.

Last edited:
Ya gotta love the future of the Pats O-Line, with Mankins, Kaczur, Koppen, Light.....and maybe Neal. Add to that some young stars on offense with Super Bowl experience with Branch and Givens (both 26 I believe), Watson (who had a nice season, and will only get better). Brady will only be 29 when the season starts, so the only old man is Dillon. Hopefully he can pull a Curtis Martin and give us some great years in his early 30's.

It's actually pronounced Kă-zur. (Per the Depth Chart I got at the Saints preseason game in the Fidelty Clubhouse...handed out by the Pats)

:D

Some others...

Monty Beisel - BYE-zul
Matt Cassel - CASTLE
Christian Fauria - FOUR-ee-ay
Russ Hochstein - HOKE-stine
Dan Koppen - COPE-en
Gene Mruczkowski - merch-KOWSKI

Last edited:
pats1 said:
It's actually pronounced Kă-zur. (Per the Depth Chart I got at the Saints preseason game in the Fidelty Clubhouse...handed out by the Pats)

:D

Some others...

Monty Beisel - BYE-zul
Matt Cassel - CASTLE
Christian Fauria - FOUR-ee-ay
Russ Hochstein - HOKE-stine
Dan Koppen - COPE-en
Gene Mruczkowski - merch-KOWSKI

Hooked on Fawn-icks! :D

scott99 said:
Ya gotta love the future of the Pats O-Line, with Mankins, Kaczur, Koppen, Light.....and maybe Neal. Add to that some young stars on offense with Super Bowl experience with Branch and Givens (both 26 I believe), Watson (who had a nice season, and will only get better). Brady will only be 29 when the season starts, so the only old man is Dillon. Hopefully he can pull a Curtis Martin and give us some great years in his early 30's.

I was going through our offensive depth chart, too, with a smile at the youth and talent. Even our backup QB is cause for optimism. The only cloud on the horizon is the fact that Branch, Givens, Koppen, Neal and Graham are all coming to the end of their contracts. If we can resign the whole bunch, this unit will just get better and better every year they play together.

Add DeAngelo Williams this roster, and we're set for at least another three years.

rookBoston said:
I was going through our offensive depth chart, too, with a smile at the youth and talent. Even our backup QB is cause for optimism. The only cloud on the horizon is the fact that Branch, Givens, Koppen, Neal and Graham are all coming to the end of their contracts. If we can resign the whole bunch, this unit will just get better and better every year they play together.

Add DeAngelo Williams this roster, and we're set for at least another three years.

Deangelo Williams may be a little bit of wishfull thinking. Unless BB and SP think he is the end all be all, and we use our #1 pick and trade up, we will not see DeAngelo as a Patriot. Look for a second or third round developemental running back (just a guess). With the questions on defense (age, depth), especially at Linebacker and the secondary, I would be suprised if we didn't go for those positions in the first 2 rounds. Then again, I was suprised with the Mankins pick (pleasantly suprised now).

scott99 said:
Deangelo Williams may be a little bit of wishfull thinking. Unless BB and SP think he is the end all be all, and we use our #1 pick and trade up, we will not see DeAngelo as a Patriot. Look for a second or third round developemental running back (just a guess). With the questions on defense (age, depth), especially at Linebacker and the secondary, I would be suprised if we didn't go for those positions in the first 2 rounds. Then again, I was suprised with the Mankins pick (pleasantly suprised now).

Yeah, I agree with that. We need youth in the LB corp more than anywhere else. Honestly, I dont even think we need to spend a 2nd or 3rd at RB. I'd be happy with a 5th rounder to play STs for a few years. Dillon is under wraps for another season... Faulk, Pass, Evans are all versatile and reliable. We can afford to wait a year or so, and once the D is re-stocked, draft a legitimate franchise RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes