Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the media treat Kaczur as a hero now, like they did for Farve?

• Yes, of course the media is balanced and fair

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Of course not, you must be smoking some of Ricky stash if you think they will treat him fair

Votes: 58 93.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, right:rolleyes:

Like I said, who gives a rat's ass about a drug dealer anyway:cool:

If I can go free by turning in the more valuable "dealer" then see ya my friend. Bravery & cowardice are irelevant here pal. It's every man for himself and all is fair.

This isn't akin to squealing on your buddies who took part in the school prank. This is life and mine is more important to me than yours. So I'm gonna do what I gotta do to keep my butt out of prison. Call it what you will. It's a matter of opinion and frankly, I don't give a damn.

To me, it's like the cowards in the mob from back in the day. Take Angulo, the ex-mob leader in Boston's north end. All the guys in that mob were cowards whether they ratted or not. so why not rat?

Capiche Pujo?

I've always been one of those guys who never rooted for the crooks in movies. I always root for the cops.
It would be very big of you to turn law & order after you got busted with the stash. How about staying clean if you want to stay out of trouble? (I'm guessing you're not a drug user, I just mean in general). But if you're going to break a law yourself, and then rat someone out for it, expect to be labeled a rat. And you know what sometimes happens to rats.

The fascination with polls as anything other than an excuse to start a thread is beyond me. This thread is just another example of what is wrong with this place lately.

None of you read through threads either, just post half baked opinion based on limited grasp of even the most rudimentary facts that are easily accessible. Even Farve wasn't treated like a hero at the outset of his self inflicted ordeal. He didnt come clean because he wanted to, he came clean because the league told him they were prepared to order him into rehab involuntarily because they had been aware of his downward spiral into addiction for some time. What they later portrayed as heroic was his successful battle to overcome his addictions and his becoming a better person and player as a result.

I must have gone to a very different grammer school than some of you too. I was taught when confronted on my actions that honesty was the best policy. Wiping the slate clean. If Kaczur conquers his demons and goes on to live a better life as a result, and the dealer he ratted on as a result doesn't facilitate anyone else ruining their lives by feeding their addiction, then maybe Nick will be a heroic individual too. I know today I'd rather have him addressing local school children on the lesson to be learned from his experience than some of the people posting here whose situational ethics and misplaced sense of loyalty are frankly something their parents and teachers and role models should be ashamed of somehow shaping.

And the other phenomenon I will never get is the need some display to show no loyalty or support whatsoever to a player here when they screw up off let alone on the field. That they somehow believe that being a fairweather, kneejerk fan is indicative of superior fan intellect and objectivity while being rational and measured in response and giving the home team and player the benefit of the doubt is indicative of a blind homer... Were that the case you would have to conclude this organization is being run by a FO infested with blind homers lately since all the screw ups the superior/objective segment of the fan base wanted shipped out of town on a rail are still with us. I hope you're not all holding your breath for Kaczur's release - or better yet, maybe you should...:D

Great post Mo! You hit several points and I must say I agree with all of them. This board has become a jungle of gossip mongers who jump on a story and try to guess the end result and assume many facts.

I first noticed it when the Randy Moss hurts lady's pinky story came out. Man, there were hundreds of our members who seemed to want to be the first to guess the "real" story.

Some of our members even made freaking phone calls to find out more information!! I think some of our members think there is some sort of contest here to be the first with information. Even though no one cares, they believe we do. What would drive people to make phone calls to find out more information? Do some of our members feel they are investigative reporters? Do they think they're pretty slick and are good at finding shyte out? Are they arrogant enough to think they can do a better job than reporters who make a living reporting information?

Who knows, but I agree, it's gotten to the point of being crazy.

Last edited:
It would be very big of you to turn law & order after you got busted with the stash. How about staying clean if you want to stay out of trouble? (I'm guessing you're not a drug user, I just mean in general). But if you're going to break a law yourself, and then rat someone out for it, expect to be labeled a rat. And you know what sometimes happens to rats.

Ok, that's fine. But I already said I think rats are GOOD... I like rats.

Did you even read my post? All criminals are cowards to some point. Just look at the mob, they are all cowards.

So who cares if one coward turns in another? Can you please address that point specifically instead of just replying to my comments by repeating yourself?

I think we know for a fact if you're a criminal, you don't have any kind of integrity. You're making money the way of the coward & You're not a good citizen.

Again, why do you care if a one coward turns in another? Aren't you glad another scummy dealer is off the streets?

Don't you always root for the cops?

Last edited:
I haven't read through all these threads but I am stunned at the apparent anger towards turning in a drug dealer. Crazy. I've never been unfortunate enough to get addicted to anything but I've heard it's very easy to get addicted to Oxycotin. It's a shame for Kaczur and certainly not a highlight of his life, nor something for Patriots fans to be proud of. But to call him a snitch and a rat for turning in a drug dealer is sick beyond belief.

Some people are just ignorant to the truth BF. Of course it's never a bad thing to turn a drug dealer in. That's a damn fact. I think some here believe in some mythical criminal honor system.

What they forget is that as soon as you choose to become a criminal, you leave ALL your honor at the door.

I have no problem with turning in a drug dealer - especially when arrested and trying to save your own azz. C'mon people - who wouldn't under those circumstances. But to call a drug addict a hero is a little silly, no?

Last edited:
The facts came from an 8-page filing by the DA that accompanied the indictment. You're right that we haven't gotten both sides of the story, but there are facts from a source of record.

Wrong! The Globe did not see the documents. They are reporting on what the drug dealers lawyer says are in the documents.

Don't you always root for the cops?
No, I root for whoever I feel is right in any given situation. Often it's the cops, sometimes it's not. I have no idea what kind of guy this drug dealer was. For all I know he could have been an addict himself selling drugs to support his habbit. Or maybe he was a cold-blooded, violent thug. But I'm low on outrage here.

No, I root for whoever I feel is right in any given situation. Often it's the cops, sometimes it's not. I have no idea what kind of guy this drug dealer was. For all I know he could have been an addict himself selling drugs to support his habbit. Or maybe he was a cold-blooded, violent thug. But I'm low on outrage here.

You took my "rooting for the cops" analogy to literally. All I meant was when it comes to criminals, don't you always want them to get caught and go to jail?

I do.

So who cares how they get there.

OK then, I was wrong and you were right and I aplogize for saying you were wrong.

I was going by what I read in the Globe yesterday. They did not state that they had seen the doc's and were going by what the drug dealers lawyer was telling them.

I think what happened was that the Globe reporters saw the affidavit, but then had to confirm that "CW" was actually Nick Kaczur, through the lawyer and other sources.

OK then, I was wrong and you were right and I aplogize for saying you were wrong.

I was going by what I read in the Globe yesterday. They did not state that they had seen the doc's and were going by what the drug dealers lawyer was telling them.
No worries, and it was nice of you to admit the error.

The fascination with polls as anything other than an excuse to start a thread is beyond me. This thread is just another example of what is wrong with this place lately.

None of you read through threads either, just post half baked opinion based on limited grasp of even the most rudimentary facts that are easily accessible. Even Farve wasn't treated like a hero at the outset of his self inflicted ordeal. He didnt come clean because he wanted to, he came clean because the league told him they were prepared to order him into rehab involuntarily because they had been aware of his downward spiral into addiction for some time. What they later portrayed as heroic was his successful battle to overcome his addictions and his becoming a better person and player as a result.

I must have gone to a very different grammer school than some of you too. I was taught when confronted on my actions that honesty was the best policy. Wiping the slate clean. If Kaczur conquers his demons and goes on to live a better life as a result, and the dealer he ratted on as a result doesn't facilitate anyone else ruining their lives by feeding their addiction, then maybe Nick will be a heroic individual too. I know today I'd rather have him addressing local school children on the lesson to be learned from his experience than some of the people posting here whose situational ethics and misplaced sense of loyalty are frankly something their parents and teachers and role models should be ashamed of somehow shaping.

And the other phenomenon I will never get is the need some display to show no loyalty or support whatsoever to a player here when they screw up off let alone on the field. That they somehow believe that being a fairweather, kneejerk fan is indicative of superior fan intellect and objectivity while being rational and measured in response and giving the home team and player the benefit of the doubt is indicative of a blind homer... Were that the case you would have to conclude this organization is being run by a FO infested with blind homers lately since all the screw ups the superior/objective segment of the fan base wanted shipped out of town on a rail are still with us. I hope you're not all holding your breath for Kaczur's release - or better yet, maybe you should...:D

:rocker: Wow! Well said, 100% right on the money!

Nick is not a bad guy for this and I hope he beats his addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back