Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the media treat Kaczur as a hero now, like they did for Farve?

• Yes, of course the media is balanced and fair

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Of course not, you must be smoking some of Ricky stash if you think they will treat him fair

Votes: 58 93.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao @ 'hero'

dude wore a wire after getting busted for drugs , oh yeah he's a hero, especially to the boston crowd, they respect people who wear wires :rolleyes:

True, but I couldn't really get anything out of Kaczur's "I don't know what you're talking about, bro" comment. ;)

Maybe part of his agreement with the feds is that he can't talk about it or risk having it fall apart...If so, his answer is then the best one available to him.....

lmao @ 'hero'

dude wore a wire after getting busted for drugs , oh yeah he's a hero, especially to the boston crowd, they respect people who wear wires :rolleyes:

I respect people from SD that when they don't have anything intelligent to say, they just say nothing.

I believe the great Snoop Dogg once said in Starsky and Hutch:

"I am an urban informant. I am not a snitch. A snitch wears a wire. A snitch is the scum of the information industry".

Yes, let's take the word of a lawyer representing somone who is the seller of drugs.
I will & still be unimpressed with this "socially conscious" dealer.
So what, a text message.Covering his butt was all he was doing.
He could have not sold the pills to Nick if he was really concerned.

Like the media, your judgment is based on Favre is Favre and Kaczur is not.

Favre is good because he is Favre. He was in way deeper, and was in trouble with alcohol as well. If Goodell was commissioner back then, Farve would have been out of the NFL ten years ago.

Neither player is admriable, but your double standard is disgusting.

So, refresh my memory. Was Favre busted for purchasing scripts illegally on the streets and did he turn DEA informant? I don't recall? :)

Sometimes the homerism displayed here is nauseating. Not every Patriot is a hero. Not every coaching move is a good one. Not every signing works out. Try, just try, to look at things objectively sometimes....seriously. It does not make you less of a fan. Honest.

Last edited:
So, refresh my memory. Was Favre busted for purchasing scripts illegally on the streets and did he turn DEA informant? I don't recall? :)

Sometimes the homerism displayed here is nauseating. Not every Patriot is a hero. Not every coaching move is a good one. Not every signing works out. Try, just try, to look at things objectively sometimes....seriously. It does not make you less of a fan. Honest.

Garbanza, you are making too much sense. Get out. We don't need you here.

He's a rat.

Neither of them are bad people for their addictions, but Kaczur's a rat.

Last edited:
I somehow seem to miss what is so bad about taking down the people actually distributing controlled substances. I mean, I know it's a macho gang/mob mentality to not tell on somebody, but I can't really see how that mindset benefits society.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not at all happy that the guy was a drug user. I’m OK with the idea that he might be replaced for it.

I just don’t get the “bad snitcher” angle. He's no hero for it, but it's not a bad thing either. Buying and using the drugs was the bad thing.

I somehow seem to miss what is so bad about taking down the people actually distributing controlled substances. I mean, I know it's a macho gang/mob mentality to not tell on somebody, but I can't really see how that mindset benefits society.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not at all happy that the guy was a drug user. I’m OK with the idea that he might be replaced for it.

I just don’t get the “bad snitcher” angle. He's no hero for it, but it's not a bad thing either. Buying and using the drugs was the bad thing.

Its a macho gang/mob mentality thing. You actually answered your own question. "Don't snitch on your pop or Keyser Soze will get ya."

It takes two to tango. He was involved in the illegal activity, too. Now, to save his own neck, he's suddenly put someone away for something that he took part in. Anyway, my mentality (and I only speak for me here) is different with consensual crimes (like drugs) versus nonconsensual crimes.

It takes two to tango. He was involved in the illegal activity, too. Now, to save his own neck, he's suddenly put someone away for something that he took part in. Anyway, my mentality (and I only speak for me here) is different with consensual crimes (like drugs) versus nonconsensual crimes.

You speak for me, too.

There is indeed a difference, which we have known since high school - or should have known - between violent, victim-producing crimes and non-violent, self-victimizing offenses. If you are caught partaking in the latter, you don't squeal on your partners if it's your fault that you were caught.

Nickie the Snitch is a weakling, a coward and a rat. I hope he is released and then plays for the NJ R-a-t-s.

Last edited:
You speak for me, too.

There is indeed a difference, which we have known since high school - or should have known - between violent, victim-producing crimes and non-violent, self-victimizing offenses. If you are caught partaking in the latter, you don't squeal on your partners if it's your fault that you were caught.

Nickie the Snitch is a weakling, a coward and a rat. I hope he is released and then plays for the NJ R-a-t-s.

Personally, if I'm caught with the goods and face prison time and they offer me a deal of no time if I turn you (my dealer)in, you're going down too brother. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it either. Just say bye, bye to the wifie and family as you go off to the big house!

Who gives a rats ass about a dealer anyway?

I will also encourage all of our younger members by saying that reporting criminal activity is something you should be proud of. So never hesitate to drop a dime on people engaging in illegal activities.

Last edited:
Once again, the only one talking is a drug dealers lawyer.

Yet the Globe saw fit to run a front page story that no one else in the media seems to care about right now. Some of you want to lable Nick as a rat, a drug addict, and want him cut base on a drug dealers lawyer's story.

Yes, I am a homer but fact are facts. I'd like to wait for all of the facts to come out from someone other than a drug dealers lawyer, before I come to any conclusions.

Personally, if I'm caught with the goods and face prison time and they offer me a deal of no time if I turn you (my dealer)in, you're going down too brother. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it either. Just say bye, bye to the wifie and family as you go off to the big house!

Who gives a rats ass about a dealer anyway?

I will also encourage all of our younger members by saying that reporting criminal activity is something you should be proud of. So never hesitate to drop a dime on people engaging in illegal activities.
If you had "the goods" in the first place, and did something like that, then you'd be a coward. And there ain't nothing you can do about that.

Once again, the only one talking is a drug dealers lawyer.

Yet the Globe saw fit to run a front page story that no one else in the media seems to care about right now. Some of you want to lable Nick as a rat, a drug addict, and want him cut base on a drug dealers lawyer's story.

Yes, I am a homer but fact are facts. I'd like to wait for all of the facts to come out from someone other than a drug dealers lawyer, before I come to any conclusions.
The facts came from an 8-page filing by the DA that accompanied the indictment. You're right that we haven't gotten both sides of the story, but there are facts from a source of record.

If you had "the goods" in the first place, and did something like that, then you'd be a coward. And there ain't nothing you can do about that.

Ok, right:rolleyes:

Like I said, who gives a rat's ass about a drug dealer anyway:cool:

If I can go free by turning in the more valuable "dealer" then see ya my friend. Bravery & cowardice are irelevant here pal. It's every man for himself and all is fair.

This isn't akin to squealing on your buddies who took part in the school prank. This is life and mine is more important to me than yours. So I'm gonna do what I gotta do to keep my butt out of prison. Call it what you will. It's a matter of opinion and frankly, I don't give a damn.

To me, it's like the cowards in the mob from back in the day. Take Angulo, the ex-mob leader in Boston's north end. All the guys in that mob were cowards whether they ratted or not. so why not rat?

Capiche Pujo?

I've always been one of those guys who never rooted for the crooks in movies. I always root for the cops.

Last edited:
The fascination with polls as anything other than an excuse to start a thread is beyond me. This thread is just another example of what is wrong with this place lately.

None of you read through threads either, just post half baked opinion based on limited grasp of even the most rudimentary facts that are easily accessible. Even Farve wasn't treated like a hero at the outset of his self inflicted ordeal. He didnt come clean because he wanted to, he came clean because the league told him they were prepared to order him into rehab involuntarily because they had been aware of his downward spiral into addiction for some time. What they later portrayed as heroic was his successful battle to overcome his addictions and his becoming a better person and player as a result.

I must have gone to a very different grammer school than some of you too. I was taught when confronted on my actions that honesty was the best policy. Wiping the slate clean. If Kaczur conquers his demons and goes on to live a better life as a result, and the dealer he ratted on as a result doesn't facilitate anyone else ruining their lives by feeding their addiction, then maybe Nick will be a heroic individual too. I know today I'd rather have him addressing local school children on the lesson to be learned from his experience than some of the people posting here whose situational ethics and misplaced sense of loyalty are frankly something their parents and teachers and role models should be ashamed of somehow shaping.

And the other phenomenon I will never get is the need some display to show no loyalty or support whatsoever to a player here when they screw up off let alone on the field. That they somehow believe that being a fairweather, kneejerk fan is indicative of superior fan intellect and objectivity while being rational and measured in response and giving the home team and player the benefit of the doubt is indicative of a blind homer... Were that the case you would have to conclude this organization is being run by a FO infested with blind homers lately since all the screw ups the superior/objective segment of the fan base wanted shipped out of town on a rail are still with us. I hope you're not all holding your breath for Kaczur's release - or better yet, maybe you should...:D

I haven't read through all these threads but I am stunned at the apparent anger towards turning in a drug dealer. Crazy. I've never been unfortunate enough to get addicted to anything but I've heard it's very easy to get addicted to Oxycotin. It's a shame for Kaczur and certainly not a highlight of his life, nor something for Patriots fans to be proud of. But to call him a snitch and a rat for turning in a drug dealer is sick beyond belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes