Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the media treat Kaczur as a hero now, like they did for Farve?

• Yes, of course the media is balanced and fair

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Of course not, you must be smoking some of Ricky stash if you think they will treat him fair

Votes: 58 93.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is selling painkillers sinsister? I could see if he turned in a hardened killer or drug-dealing thug. However I don't that was the case here.

Even worse, according to the story so far, the drug dealer was trying to get Kaczur off the painkillers.

What a hero, Nick. You prick.

LOL That you would fall for the poor reluctant drug dealer with the heart of gold spin his attorney is trying to sell is just par for the course with you.

Anything is preferable to supporting a player or this team. Only blind homers would do that. LOL

Why would he be a hero for doing what he had to do to escape jail time. A hero would have gone to the police and told them about the dealer.

Somehow I don't think they put first time offenders in jail for a 7th degree misdemeanor. Probably the deal was that his name doesn't get made public and the charges are dropped, but then the dealer's lawyer gave him up anyways.

So is selling painkillers sinsister? I could see if he turned in a hardened killer or drug-dealing thug. However I don't that was the case here.

Even worse, according to the story so far, the drug dealer was trying to get Kaczur off the painkillers.

What a hero, Nick. You prick.

I've been clean & sober since 1989, so I'm talking from personal experience and deep knowledge of addiction. I actually had a similar experience to Kaczur in that my cocaine dealer told me he wouldn't sell to me anymore because I was too messed up. Did that make him a good man? Of course not. Was he any worse or better than I was? I'd say we were both in the same boat.

One thing is for certain, a dealer is a much greater detriment to society than the addict and our laws support that theory.

One thing is for certain, a dealer is a much greater detriment to society than the addict and our laws support that theory.

I concur...Big Pharm IS a greater detriment to our society.The bottom line is all that matters to Dow, Lilly,SKF and the rest of the "legal" drug dealers.

Media screwed up again. Kaczur's safety can be jepadized because of the "leaked" info. You don't want everybody to know that you helped the FED bust anybody.

Yes, let's take the word of a lawyer representing somone who is the seller of drugs.

Yes, let's take the word of a lawyer representing somone who is the seller of drugs.

True, but I couldn't really get anything out of Kaczur's "I don't know what you're talking about, bro" comment. ;)

Media screwed up again. Kaczur's safety can be jepadized because of the "leaked" info. You don't want everybody to know that you helped the FED bust anybody.

Excerpts from the Boston Globe's article on the subject:

"The sting operation is detailed in a six-page affidavit filed by a DEA special agent in US District Court in Boston. That document makes constant reference to an unnamed cooperating witness, a buyer who was reaching out to the alleged dealer by text message, then meeting with the dealer to exchange cash for drugs.

After Ekasala was indicted yesterday morning, Ekasala's lawyer, Bernard Grossberg of Boston, acknowledged that Kaczur was the cooperating witness in the case. Two other people briefed on the investigation, speaking on the condition of anonymity, also verified that Kaczur was the cooperating witness in the DEA's case. If the case p
roceeds to trial, Kaczur would probably be required to testify."

and later...

"According to the records filed in federal court, the first transaction that the DEA orchestrated between Kaczur and Ekasala occurred May 1." from the article in BG.

How did the media screw this up??

True, but I couldn't really get anything out of Kaczur's "I don't know what you're talking about, bro" comment. ;)

To be honest with you, fans don't have the right to know about this. Reporters can ask all they want, but if Kaczurs says nothing, then too bad.

As fans, we have become a little too hungry for gossip. Just look at the reaction the Randy Moss hurts lady's pinky story got on this board. I actually thought I had happened upon a tabloid site at one point.:rolleyes:

Favre didn't pull a Valachi, either....I mean, how many times a week do we see the "poor" drug addled Hollywood stars "struggling" with their addictions on E.T.? That is just fine with the public. Ratting leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth, though.

Yes, I can't even begin to tell you how upset I get at people who 'rat' on murderers and rapists.

The difference is Favre admitted to his addiction and voluntarily went to rehab. Kaczur just got caught red handed and was the feds *****. He will not look like a hero in this situation.

"The sting operation is detailed in a six-page affidavit filed by a DEA special agent in US District Court in Boston. That document makes constant reference to an unnamed cooperating witness, a buyer who was reaching out to the alleged dealer by text message, then meeting with the dealer to exchange cash for drugs.

After Ekasala was indicted yesterday morning, Ekasala's lawyer, Bernard Grossberg of Boston, acknowledged that Kaczur was the cooperating witness in the case. Two other people briefed on the investigation, speaking on the condition of anonymity, also verified that Kaczur was the cooperating witness in the DEA's case. If the case p

and later...

"According to the records filed in federal court, the first transaction that the DEA orchestrated between Kaczur and Ekasala occurred May 1." from the article in BG.

I thought the same thing. I've seen several police reports and affidavits where the names of confidential informants and other cooperating witnesses are public, but they almost never appear in the paper, mostly for safety reasons. Seems like a tough call, but if you are a federal courts or crime reporter for the Globe, how do you pass this up? It may look even worse in the long run if it comes back that you knew he was arrested and then involved in a DEA sting and didn't write about it.

Plus, if Kaczur was really in any danger, the feds wouldn't have talked so openly about it. We heard the names in the whole steroid deal with Clemens and Bonds, this is pretty similar. I'm sure if he took down a known mob boss or hardcore gangster, it would have been different.

Kaczur is not an ideal person to go to high school to tell kids not to use drug. By helping the fed, he probably gets away from doing jail time.

I dont know if i want my kids to have his autograph.

This thread is a joke right?

Kaczur got busted for puchasing prescription drugs illegally. At least Favre admitted his addiction publically (good pr move) and sought help. Kaczur is a putz and a loser with an addiction.

Dear Mr. Kraft - cut ties with this jerk immediately please.

Last edited:
Kaczur is not an ideal person to go to high school to tell kids not to use drug. By helping the fed, he probably gets away from doing jail time.

I dont know if i want my kids to have his autograph.

Like others have said, he possibly didn't face any jail time, especially if he only possessed the drug. Could have given a number of excuses of how he got them and why he used them, and I'm sure a judge would have showed leniency. I bet you he was really just hoping to keep his name out of the paper, that worked out well. ;)

and later...

What was the main purpose for BG to find another source to inquire about this case.? Kaczur is the KEY witness in this case.???

What really bothers me is Kaczur's cooperation with DEA is publicly available for everybody to see. When it comes to DEA or FBI, your identity is protected. It's apparently not a big case. Otherwise, Kaczur is in Witness Protection Program.

I'm sure that he made some kind of deal with the FED so that he can avoid doing jail time.

It doesn't mean that Kaczur cooperated with the Fed if he got caught when dealing business with a drug dealer. By telling everybody that Kaczur is the ONE, his safety is not guaranteed if his dealer's friends or relatives want to revenge.

From a law enforcement point of view, the Fed can arrest Kaczur and his dealer at the scene. At this point, the dealer is not going to deny that he doesn't have goodies in his bag or whatever. The guy is going to prison because the evidence is OBVIOUS.

The Fed can say that Kaczur commit his first offense and because he had good record or whatever, the only thing he needs to do is go to rehabitation center. Kaczur doesn't have to testify anything and nobody knows who was doing what.

The Fed and Media really screw up big time when it comes to handle the situation.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with Favre's story...

Was he caught in the same manner Kazur was or did he just come out and admit it?

If he just came out and admitted to it then that is more than likely the reason why he was treated the way he was.

If he was caught like Kazur was, I don't think he would've been treated the same way.
You don't think he would have been treated the same way? What does that mean? The way he was treated is documented.

This thread is a joke right?

Kaczur got busted for puchasing prescription drugs illegally. At least Favre admitted his addiction publically (good pr move) and sought help. Kaczur is a putz and a loser with an addiction.

Dear Mr. Kraft - cut ties with this jerk immediately please.
Like the media, your judgment is based on Favre is Favre and Kaczur is not.

Favre is good because he is Favre. He was in way deeper, and was in trouble with alcohol as well. If Goodell was commissioner back then, Farve would have been out of the NFL ten years ago.

Neither player is admriable, but your double standard is disgusting.

Like the media, your judgment is based on Favre is Favre and Kaczur is not.

Favre is good because he is Favre. He was in way deeper, and was in trouble with alcohol as well. If Goodell was commissioner back then, Farve would have been out of the NFL ten years ago.

Neither player is admriable, but your double standard is disgusting.

What's with the mature, logic angle?

This thread is just so brutal. To the dude who started it. Please find something else to help occupy some of your time. This kind of crap your posting is like E.T. or Extra for Pats fans.
No thanks!! We deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back