PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaberle to Carolina - Corvo in From Carolina

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Kaberle signs with the Hurricanes for 12+ million over 3 years and we trade with Carolina for Corvo - a 4th round pick - Corvo makes 2.25 million. Not a bad move - quick decision - Kaberle is not worth 4.25 million on this team but perhaps he is in their system. Let's face it .. we need muscle not beauty on our blue line - Kaberle is soft in our system.

In other news Lucic had a nose job ... :confused2:

Boston Bruins lose Tomas Kaberle to Carolina Hurricanes, deal for Joe Corvo - ESPN Boston

On the day defenseman Tomas Kaberle got a three-year deal from the Carolina Hurricanes, the Boston Bruins acquired defenseman Joe Corvo from those same Hurricanes on Tuesday in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2012 draft.

Kaberle's deal averages $4.25 million per season, according to the Canes. Corvo stands to make $2.5 million this season (with a cap hit of $2.25 million) in the final year of a two-year deal.

Last edited:
Does this fit into one of those mid level roster moves you were happy for the Bruins to make IcyPatriot?

I'm still getting accustomed to familiarizing myself with NHL players from other teams.

Does this fit into one of those mid level roster moves you were happy for the Bruins to make IcyPatriot?

I'm still getting accustomed to familiarizing myself with NHL players from other teams.

Saved a few million letting Ryder go and saved a few million letting Kaberle walk. If Charelli pulls a move between now and let's say the trade deadline he has left himself a lot of wiggle room. Championships change players in all sports and he won't know how with this team until next year. So I like what i see so far - no need to overspend right now and let's see who still has the hunger for more.

An upgrade on Boychuck would be a good move IMO.

Last edited:
Bottom line he helped this team win a Cup. I can't say he was instrumental and dominating in doing so. But he contributed non the less. Makes me wonder if a rental was worth giving up Joe Colborne and a 1st round draft pick? Guess I'll call it a push since the Stanley Cup resides in Boston. Free passes all around.

So Recchi - 2 million, Ryder - 4 million & Kaberle - 4.25 million and the Bruins have just chopped around 10 million off payroll with those 3 already. Seems OK then.

Bottom line he helped this team win a Cup. I can't say he was instrumental and dominating in doing so. But he contributed non the less. Makes me wonder if a rental was worth giving up Joe Colborne and a 1st round draft pick? Guess I'll call it a push since the Stanley Cup resides in Boston. Free passes all around.

I agree with this ... it's hard to say as he could have made plays that prevented other plays from happening ... so no looking back - the nature of the unknown remains. But to resign him for that price inflates what the others are worth so he goes.

IMO we never really needed him for the power play. We just needed a power play where there was more movement. I think a new season of Seguin will give us that. I really like Tampa's power play where the pivot of the power play is constantly moving - I think Seguin can give us that which is what St. Loius does for Tampa on theirs.

Kaberle sucked here. If the bruins did NOT win the Cup our 2nd for him would have looked AWFUL.

our Stanley Cup win nullifies any poor deals:p

corvo is a Steal what we gave up a 3?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots