PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

K. Faulk on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he stays as a coach.

Like Vrabel, he has such a huge variety of skills that there's almost certainly a coaching job for him if he wants it.
Big difference between what is needed to excel as a player and what is needed to be a coach. People skills, for example, is way up there for coaching, but you need little, if any, to play. I think Faulk is a terrific role player/x-factor though for the Patriots.

In ESPN the Magazine there is an article on why people shouldn't hate BB. It was stupid so I didn't buy it but a quote from Ted Johnson stood out. He said, "I think we can all agree that BB is a great coach but I wonder how many of his players will be at his HOF induction."

I wish I could find some way to respond to TJ. See those SB rings in your jewelry drawer TJ? You wouldn't have those without BB. I think they'll be alot of players and fans (I hope to be one of them) in Canton when BB goes in.
Would be nice to be able to see back to Vince Lombardi's induction and count his ex-players. I bet there were a lot, but he was disliked or feared by many of them.

Why pay someone to do what this board does for free?

Because he pays a different guy just to cruise this board!

re. Faulk--that guy is awesome. Remember his early career being Mr. Fumbles? Coaches made him carry a ball w/ him 24/7, ie, to supermarket etc...he did it no questions asked, and did everything he could to be his best. Now look at the guy. One of my favorite players.

Last edited:
Man....I knew BB was very detail oriented but....going as far as studying habits of refs sounds bit like borderline paranoia. Well may be there is a good reason why BB is best NFL coach ever.

borderline paranoia!?! BB would be insulted to hear that. he crossed the paranoia line a long time ago. as for the refs' tendencies, i'd expect nothing else, tho i wish faulk hadn't gone public with it. i suspect he'll get a wrist slap for that.

borderline paranoia!?! BB would be insulted to hear that. he crossed the paranoia line a long time ago. as for the refs' tendencies, i'd expect nothing else, tho i wish faulk hadn't gone public with it. i suspect he'll get a wrist slap for that.

:rofl: :rofl:

Man....I knew BB was very detail oriented but....going as far as studying habits of refs sounds bit like borderline paranoia. Well may be there is a good reason why BB is best NFL coach ever.

i forget what Famous Chinese General on tactics, Sun or Su something, who said

"Battles are won before they are ever fought"

BB subscribes to this approach to battles, Proper Preparation Prior to Battle Assures Victory.

By identifying and preparing for all the possibilities a person, an army or a TEAM can become masters of the battle field before they ever step foot on its surface.

It's not paranoia at all. BB understands that the refs are part of the game, just like the players and coaches. For example, maybe the Pats want to play a physical game against Plaxico Burress. If the ref is known to call lots of PI, then maybe BB will have his guys back off a bit. If the ref is known to keep the flag in his pocket, then the gameplan is on.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
All NFL teams scout the refs... what they call, where they look, where they DON'T look, what they do in given situations...well all, except Miami, maybe!

I believe you are completely correct. On the WBCN post game show for one of the games this year (Indy I think) Zolak talked at length about the packet that the staff would have prepared for their next game that detailed the upcoming officiating crew's habits. Granted, Belichick may have learned that trick from Parcells, but it seems to me that most other coaches would think to look this over since there are such high stakes for each game played in a given NFL season.

Baseball pitchers especially do this for strike zones, living on the edge of what is a strike/ball helps them pitch effectively. Why wouldn't NFL players try to play just barely within the rules if it helps them overcome opponents?

K.Faulk was on Put up your Dukes, besides looking extremely pissed for some reason, gave an interesting example from BB coaching style.

We all know that BB puts a great deal of attention to detail. Faulk gave an example: BB tells his players who the refs are, and what they like to call. Now that really stroke me as something very interesting. It means BB (or his coaching staff) studies the tapes of the refs and records their tendancies and what players can and can't get away with.

I wonder if all the coaches take time to do this.

I would guess yes. If not, they should be fired.

BB is the greatest NFL coach for a reason. He is really a fascinating character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back