PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JustWinBrady 7/29 PM notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWinBrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
here are some of my thoughts from last night

- dom capers is very visible and appears to have taken over the "d". the key word is "appears". capers will be adding some aggressive pass rush / blitzing packages to the mix. his experience with the defensive backfield should help this young unit.

- our only punter on the roster (hanson) was really inconsistent last night. this position needs an upgrade and by all appearances, it isn't going to happen this year.

- brady had somewhat of an off night and wasn't as sharp as he usually is.

- moss looks in mid-season form.

- chad jackson and faulk handled the majority of the punt return duties. welker is still out.

- it looks like kyle eckel's time is up with lamont jordon on board and heath evans ahead of him. lb alexander is also another bubble boy.

- with vrable and welker on the pup, it is allowing the younger players and rookies a lot more reps than they would usually have.

- mayo is being given every opportunity to start.

- tank williams has been spending a ton of time as an ILB and it appears part of his job will be covering TEs and RBs out of the backfield. this gives the ILB crew the speed and athleticism that was missing last year. Mayo seems to cover very well also.

the biggest question marks on this team are the CBs and ILBs. this appears where BB and capers are spending a lot of their time.

here are some of my thoughts from last night

- dom capers is very visible and appears to have taken over the "d". the key word is "appears". capers will be adding some aggressive pass rush / blitzing packages to the mix. his experience with the defensive backfield should help this young unit.

- our only punter on the roster (hanson) was really inconsistent last night. this position needs an upgrade and by all appearances, it isn't going to happen this year.

- brady had somewhat of an off night and wasn't as sharp as he usually is.

- moss looks in mid-season form.

- chad jackson and faulk handled the majority of the punt return duties. welker is still out.

- it looks like kyle eckel's time is up with lamont jordon on board and heath evans ahead of him. lb alexander is also another bubble boy.

- with vrable and welker on the pup, it is allowing the younger players and rookies a lot more reps than they would usually have.

- mayo is being given every opportunity to start.

- tank williams has been spending a ton of time as an ILB and it appears part of his job will be covering TEs and RBs out of the backfield. this gives the ILB crew the speed and athleticism that was missing last year. Mayo seems to cover very well also.

the biggest question marks on this team are the CBs and ILBs. this appears where BB and capers are spending a lot of their time.

I am excited to see what the addition of Capers will do for us. I know BB is a defensive genius and all, but Capers is a solid defensive coach as well.

I can't believe that we are going with Hanson as our punter. I think I know who got their hands on that BB-exmistress sex tape.

The role they are using for Tanks is interesting... they must be committed to it because they had Rodney backing that position up in addition to his normal SS spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes