PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Tuck: To kill "a snake", "take off his head.” Giants will "take care of Brady"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Justin Tuck: To kill "a snake", "take off his head.” Giants will "take care of Br

Sounds like someone looking to play dirty football.

Re: Justin Tuck: To kill "a snake", "take off his head.” Giants will "take care of Br

Its the SB...whatever works but if Gronk cannot go it would SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Sounds like someone looking to play dirty football.

Maybe in an article you read.

Definitely not in that one.

For most creatures if you take their head off they'll die. Why choose a snake? Matter of fact, snakes bodies will twich for a long time after the head is taken off (just ask me and my lawnmower...poor little thing...well 6 foot black snake actually).

Maybe in an article you read.

Definitely not in that one.

I didn't read the article.

For most creatures if you take their head off they'll die. Why choose a snake? Matter of fact, snakes bodies will twich for a long time after the head is taken off (just ask me and my lawnmower...poor little thing...well 6 foot black snake actually).

I think a snake is what he was calling Tom Brady.

Going to be hard to kill that snake when he floats some screen passes over your head, Tuck.

How come no one in the media has called out Tuck for comments like these? They are far more inflammatory than Tom Brady hoping for a party next week. Notice that punk ass NY media has decided to twist his words into parade rather than party. He never mentioned the word PARADE.

Giants talking a lot of smack but this isn't really one of those cases. Tuck is merely saying you stop Brady, you stop the offense, and he's right. But I can guarantee you that offensive line is going to do their damnedest to protect the "head".

Of course, if Wilfork said the same thing about Eli, the media would be all like "OH NOES Pats want to cheat and play dirty by injuring Eli!!!"

Last edited:

I didn't read it as someone saying they were going to play dirty. They're going to play hard to get Brady off his game; moderately clever metaphor aside, not n earth-shattering development.

Let's hope Matt Light brings his "A" game. The whole OL will have to play well, but they have been lately so let's just hope it continues.

I don' t think there's much of a story here. He's just sayinh the giants are going to have to go after brady if the gnats are going to win. Tuck certainly didn't say "we're going to take care of brady" like the OP says.

Why is Tuck so interested in Brady's snake?

Seems we ()and I include myself) start toget invested in a persecution complex. I'm goignto take all the hate, make a meal of it and enjoy the taste.

Giants fan here. I think this is a bit overblown. Tuck's metaphor that one kills a snake by cutting off its head was not meant to call Tom Brady a snake. That metaphor is as old as time and is a proverb for many different cultures and even goes back to the Bible. It just means that one defeats an enemy by taking out the head-- and Tom Brady is the head of the Patriots team (in terms of players).

It also wasn't meant to be an implication of dirty play, but rather that the Giants need to rattle Brady, get him off his spot, collapse the pocket, and contain him.

Good luck next Sunday. May the game be decided by the players and not by the refs.

Next you guys are going to get worked up about this (a picture of Eli on the plain with his awful haircut was included with the twitter post):

Steve Weatherford
PSA Alert. SB 46 Edition: Eli Manning's hair is layered, feathered, and very relaxed Uh oh Pats Ur in trouble. #NYG pic.twitter.com/zGQCHRTu

Last edited:

Giants fan here. I think this is a bit overblown. Tuck's metaphor that one kills a snake by cutting off its head was not meant to call Tom Brady a snake. That metaphor is as old as time and is a proverb for many different cultures and even goes back to the Bible. It just means that one defeats an enemy by taking out the head-- and Tom Brady is the head of the Patriots team (in terms of players).

It also wasn't meant to be an implication of dirty play, but rather that the Giants need to rattle Brady, get him off his spot, collapse the pocket, and contain him.

Good luck next Sunday. May the game be decided by the players and not by the refs.

Agreed.

The Giants should remember that this works both ways. I think the NY O-Line is more vulnerable than ours right now. They got abused so badly in the NFCCG that a few of them are technically married to the Smiths and Ray Macdonald in CA now.

The Giants have one of the worst O-Lines in the league both in the running game and passing game. Wilfork is a monster in the middle, but I'm hoping that the GIants O-Line can double on him and force other Patriots to get to Eli, which wasn't a strategy the Giants could employ against SF. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back