PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Tuck on Tom Brady's toughness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, can't click the video. Gotta be a summary somewhere.

They do have this:

“He threw a ball 70 yards to Randy Moss …. literally right after Jay Alford broke him in half.”

I still close my eyes and envision Moss catching that ball sometimes. Though a little less since Butler's pick.

Second time I've heard DP asking an ex Giant D line guy about Brady's toughness. Both say the Tough label Brady gets is warranted.

"Sometimes we hit him so hard we thought he wouldn't get back up.....but he just got back up and maybe cussed out his O line" hahaha

In this case, it's a quick video and well worth watching.

Tuck suggests (goodnaturedly) that NE fans hate him. I don't - just wish he played here.

Tuck suggests (goodnaturedly) that NE fans hate him. I don't - just wish he played here.
When he was good, he was good. Would've loved to have him. Happy to see the respect he's giving to TB.

I will be 100% honest and say I forgot about him.

Is this really what New England fans have been reduced too? Hanging on the words of our arch rivals and wishing Peyton a Superbowl as a farewell present at our expense?

IQSK4Qy.gif

What are you talking about

He pulled this in the other Tuck thread too. Apparently no one who has ever beaten us in a big game deserves any respect.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1

They do have this:

I still close my eyes and envision Moss catching that ball sometimes. Though a little less since Butler's pick.

I still think Moss could have caught that if he made the effort to. :(

The fact that Brady made that long pass to Gronk in the final drive of the fourth quarter against the Broncos after getting the crap beat out of him all day long tells me that he's still got that toughness!

I still think Moss could have caught that if he made the effort to. :(

Man..............you go back and watch it, he had to slow down a tick to get under it. In theory, in the moment he slowed down if he instead leaped up turned slightly backward, he would certainly have had a better chance to get it. The issue is that 99.9% of receivers can do that. Moss has so it gives us license to speculate.

With that said, if he pulled that down it would have been the greatest catch in SB history.

Anybody who ever said TB12 didnt have a strong arm needs to watch it.

Start: NE13
End: NYG 19

Net: 68 yards.

Last edited:
Man..............you go back and watch it, he had to slow down a tick to get under it. In theory, in the moment he slowed down if he instead should have leaped up turned slightly backward, he would certainly have had a better chance to get it than what he did. The issue is that 99.9% of receivers can do that. Moss has so it gives us license to speculate.

With that said, if he pulled that down it would have been the greatest catch in SB history.

We were sitting in the opposite corner. Saw the ball just go over the top of Randy. And for a split second Moss and the defenders were blocking my sight on the ball. I didn't see it bounce on the turf and for a split second I thought it was caught. Awe man what could of been.

I have to say this after that story. BUTLER DID IT!

And he threw it across the field so we are easily talking about a 70+ yard throw. On his 47th attempt of the game on a night where he was pressured and hit like in Denver recently, playing on a bum ankle. Also speaks volumes about Moss' speed that the pass was short.

They do have this:

I'm not ragging on Randy but it's painful because he really should have reeled that in considering some of the amazing catches he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down