PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Jones, TE, East Carolina

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Anyone have any insight on Justin Jones, he had an impressive pro day after being suspended for the entire 2013 season.

Height: 6076
Weight: 274
40 Yard Dash: 4.90
20 Yard Dash: 2.79
10 Yard Dash: 1.72
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 09'05"
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.60
3-Cone Drill: 6.88

He's OK. Saw a couple of games from last year. He's got decent hands but isn't that explosive and isn't a dominating blocker. Worth a camp invitation but most likely won't make any final roster unless he makes strides.

Justin Jones is a project with average numbers at East Carolina. Worth a look as possible UDFA but not worth a draft pick.

Good size, decent athleticism but lacks football skills. I've had him as an UDFA target in my last few mocks but I don't think he would be more than a redzone target at TE. He's got some character and work ethic issues that I don't think would fit too well in New England. I know some East Carolina fans think he is lazy and not too bright.

Love when i called this 4 months ago he is great blocker with even better hands would have been in the first 3 rounds if not for failing a class the last quarter of last year. this kid maybe the steal of the draft a monster in the making.
you may have his 40 time wrong he ran a 4.7 at his pro day i had a friend there. His comment was he stood out at the pro day and thought he may be sign before the pats get to him. he played WR/TE and can bench 400 lbs that's nuts

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back