Welcome to PatsFans.com

Justice Prevails Over Racism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +497 / 2 / -9

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court has ruled that white firefighters in New Haven, Conn., were unfairly denied promotions because of their race, reversing a decision that high court nominee Sonia Sotomayor endorsed as an appeals court judge.
    Court rules for white firefighters over promotions
  2. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

HI-FIVES FOR THE WHITE GUYS!!! WOOOO HOOOO! ABOUT DAMN TIME WE GET A FAIR SHAKE IN THIS COUNTRY! :americaflag:
  3. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree. Let's promote the stupid firefighters so we can feel good about being fair. WTF?:confused:
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +497 / 2 / -9

Now if they can ban the term "White Mother F-cker" just as the have banned the "N" word, justice and equality might really fall into place.

Soto Mayo is a sneaky dangerous Racist.
  5. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

what chu takin' bout, CRACKER!
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but ..... she had a tough life growing up.. How 'bout little empathy, eh!!!! Her life was so bad when she was growing up, she should be made president after Obama, and given a life-long salary of $10 million a year just for being who she is. :rolleyes:

:woot:

//
  7. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I agree the best candidate's should get promoted... I just like breaking Harry's balls.

I find it hilarious that the (far)right have no trouble spotting a case of racial bias, so long as it's being levied against the white man... but fail (or refuse) to recognize any racial injustice (short of slavery) when it concerns a minority.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +497 / 2 / -9

I have always recognized racial injustice I lived through it, I saw it first hand, in my day the "N" word was used at the dinner table all over the country.

What that Racist Hag Sotomayo did in her court decision was cruel, insulting and blatant RACISM, she was telling those Minority Fire Fighters they were to stupid to pass the test, she was telling them that the "Whites" were smarter than they were, she is a cruel nasty racist scumsucker.

The smartest of the Whites will get the prize.
    The smartest of the Minority's will also get the prize
    That is true Diversity & Equality

JUSTICE AND EQUALITY FOR ALL
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Justice prevails.. the decisions are 93 pages long, so that passes the litmus test for credibility.. the Supreme Court Rules.. others will agree with this decision and laud it, while in other decisions they speak crap..

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 5 / -2

The scary part is that this was a 5-4 decision. That boggles the mind. I'm also concerned with reading that Title VII, which caused this issue of discrimination against the minorities from the test results, basically says that if too few minorities, or too many white people if you want to look at it that way, score good/bad (in other words, if white people do really well, and minorities do really bad), then it means the test was discriminatory. Say what? :confused: That is baffling to me. How can a test be so generically deemed discriminatory from it's results? Shouldn't it be the specific content that would determine that? Maybe I'm missing something, which is certainly possible.
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sounds like a redux of the Bush 43 election, 2000.

//
  12. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I like the ruling because you should NOT be SCARED for not promoting smart employees. The liberals have used 'affirmative action' to intimidate people from firing 'minority' for years.

Unlike 'white' firefighters, Sotomayor had to use 'affirmative action' to get in a school because her test score was SLOW.

I don't care who you are. Race should not be a factor in any decision. It's NOT where you are from. It's how you get there.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +400 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Once obama replaces a conservative judge with another like Sotoracist, these will start going the other way. It's the dumbing down of America - diversity over competence.
  14. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Ouch!

I guess Patters was wrong about Ricci and Sotomayer. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ite-men-need-not-apply-page4.html#post1396191

A lot of leftists, most notably perhaps Jeffrey Rosen, have doubts about Soto because she's not so smart.

Don't let that resume fool you; she's an affirmative action baby, just like the President and First Lady.

I know a guy who flunked out of West Point with a 0.7 GPA. He had gone to the USMA Prep School since his academic record in high school wasn't strong enough just to get into Woo Poo.

And where does he transfer to on a __full boat scholarship__? Emory in Atlanta. Un-f'ing-believable.

Good ole Frank H.

Oh, he was African American like Obama, whose academic records we'll never know about since he's had them sealed.
  15. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Equal protection of the law?

As it should be. Roger Pilon Supreme Court Rules on Ricci v. DeStefano | Cato @ Liberty (HT: Instapundit) and Harper Lee (_To Kill a Mockingbird_) both say the same thing. Treat people equally under the law.

That's why the robed lady holding the scales of justice in front of the Supreme Court building in DC has a blindfold. Disinterested judges usu. make good judges.

Affirmative action, or affirmative racism, as Michael Savage rightly calls it, is simply un-American.

And it often harms its intended beneficiaries by mis-matching smart black students (at places like MIT, for example) with really, really smart Asians and whites. As a consequence, it's well-known the black dropout rates are very high at places like MIT.

Instead of MIT, they should have gone to a place like Purdue.
  16. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

SCOTUS overturns Sotomayor on Ricci (updated)

It's important to realize that these tests, which were a progressive response to eliminate the corrupt spoils system earlier in the twentieth century, are supposed to be fair and impartial. They are, actually.

The fact certain groups don't do as well as statistics say they should--assuming equal capacity of the different groups in question, a very big and dubious assumption--shouldn't be an indication of anything necessarily pernicious. People gang up on these standardized tests as if they're bad, worthless, or not very useful. I happen to disagree.

It's a long-established fact, for example, that blacks don't do as well as whites on the SAT. Should we dismiss that test as a consequence?

If you don't like the tests, then come up with something else, and justify the change. Any test is going to have its pluses or minuses. Don't dismiss results because of a fear of lawsuits.

I hope this prompts civic authorities to grow a pair.

Title VII has long outlived its usefulness, as has affirmative action. End the infamy!
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

INteresting commentary.. somewhere in the SCOTUS blog there are stats that indicate that 67% of appeals court decisions are overturned..

Commentary And Analysis | SCOTUSblog

18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This Soto-girl is incompetent and the wrong Latino for the job. At least find one who knows the law as it is written, not as she would like it to be written. Not a time to make it up as you go along.

:nooo:........................:nono:

//
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Out of curiosity, this is based on what???
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Her body of work highlighted by her position that the role of the judge/justice is to MAKE law, not simply adjudicate it. She's an activist judge, as her opinion on this case -- overturned by the Supremes -- clearly indicates. She's racist.

//