Welcome to PatsFans.com

Justice, Iranian Style

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, May 13, 2010.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Newsweek: Reporter Maziar Bahari was held in Iran for 118 days before he finally was allowed to leave the country. Months later, an Iranian court sentenced him in absentia to 13 years & six months' imprisonment.

Here's his story. I left out most of his comments in favor of highlighting the restrictions Iranians have to live with every day. Still read the article. I can't imagine how people could have applauded their president here.

Wolf, not to pick on you but 50 years for hacking emails would fit right in there. Maybe you should re-think that. I'm not trying to hijack my own thread but I think it's an appropriate observation

Justice, Iranian Style

Maziar Bahari: My Sentence in an Iranian Court - Newsweek.com

The sentence just handed down against me in absentia by Tehran's courts tells you more about the regime than about my 'crimes.'

Five years imprisonment for unlawful assembly and conspiring against the security of the state.

Four years for collecting and keeping secret and classified documents.

One year for propagandizing against the system.

Two years for insulting the Supreme Leader.

One year and 74 lashes for disrupting public order.

Six months for insulting the president.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

american liberals gave the president of this filthy country a standing ovation at columbia univ

those same liberals are now all in a dither over a policeman asking a suspected criminal for his id.

Boy i'm glad i'm a neo con
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

"All in a dither".. strange comments, have not heard that one in a long time.. amazing recollection that you have there Harry Boy, not to minimize your use of the english language..:D:D:D
  4. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Seems his comments got you all in a tizzie.....At least he didn't kick you to the curb or get your knickers in a bunch while you filled out your dance card.......
    ..giving my age away......
    Back on topic, remind me to scratch Tehran from my vacation list this year...