Welcome to PatsFans.com

Justice done in horrible, race-related hate crime

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Jan 26, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just read an article about a horrible crime commited just outside Los Angeles. 8 youths beat on 3 women because of the color of their skin.

I am ashamed to say I didn't hear a single word about this crime until just now stumbling on it... I wonder why such a horrible, hate-filled racist crime didn't get more media attention...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2827301&page=1
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +450 / 6 / -2

A group then attacked the victims, knocking them to the ground. The beating only ceased when a black man driving by stopped, pulled the assailants away and shielded the women with his body, prosecutors said.

I hope this guy was applauded. If you ask me, not enough people help as this man did.
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Absolutely. The man is nothing short of a hero.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

Leave it to QuiGon and Harry Boy to do their best David Duke imitation and dig up the black on white crime. There's plenty of crime in this country that goes largely unreported. A quick Google search turned up this example of a hate crime that to my knowledge was never widely reported:

http://www.star-gazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070123/UPDATE/301230040/1001/NEWS

Digging up obscure stories to prove racist points is a common tactics of white rights groups. They used it, for instance, to try to block Thurgood Marshall's appointment to the Supreme Court. The story you posted is the sort of crime that happens too much in America. It's not sensational as draggind someone to death or tying someone to fence and leaving them to die, but if it was it would have received more attention, sort of like the OJ Simpson case.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I like how Qui Gon justifies digging that stuff out of the woodwork by making it sound like he's critiquing the media.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

QuiGon's alleged motives are not important.
    The fact is this is a horrible racial assault. The race of the victim or assailants are not important. If the races were reversed, the crime would be equally horrible.
    THE RACIAL ASSIGNMENT DOESN"T MATTER!
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

Of course it's a horrible crime. There are many horrible crimes, but why of all the horrible crimes to choose from, did he choose this one? Sensationalism?
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

My guess is that he did it to point out the double standards in reporting race related crimes.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

After reading the first sentence we know why it wasn't all over the news, "biased reporting".

There is good and bad in all races, the "Bad Blacks" beat the "White Women" the "Good Black" helped the "White Women"

The Politically Correct Dishonest Liberal Media doesn't want you reading about the "Bad Blacks" because they want to make you think that only the "Whites Are Bad" they try to control your emotions, and I agree the "THE BLACK HERO" should be recognized and given an award but this won't happen because then the f-cking biased racist media would have to "Tell The Story"

Scumsucking Bastards
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The point is that blacks and whites are both guilty of racism, where in the past, it was almost exclusively white on black because whites got away with it. Today, blacks will commit racist crimes as well, while still not as much as whites, but keeping score seems kind of perverse to me. The big problem is the almost complete polarization of two cultures in America when we discuss black and white relations. It sucks beyond belief and we have to ask ourselves how we arrived at this point. I've got a few ideas but I have to get to work for a half day. Back to this later.
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

There's always been black on white racism, but I don't think it has ever been as institutionally established as white on black racism. In the past, black crime was covered at a way disproporionate amount to white crime, but the media has become more balanced. The primary reason that white racism gets more press is because it happens more, which is no surprise considering there are 6x as many whites than blacks.
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didn't realize a front page news story on ABCNews.com was considered digging it "out of the woodwork." I mean, ABCNews is reasonably reputable - it isn't like I used Dan Rather or CBS.
  14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's amazing how the loonie libbies on this board aren't smart enough to figure out what's pretty obvious to everyone else.
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

What's even more amazing is that you think posting one example of something proves anything. Did you go to college? Did you learn research methods? If I posted one example of someone saying they saw a UFO, would you believe it? I hope not. Terrible, terrible, research skills, but at least it's that. Otherwise, I would have thought you were race baiting.

And why do you think this story got even less media attention than the one you posted:

http://www.star-gazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070123/UPDATE/301230040/1001/NEWS
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So what are you trying to prove, then? If it was on the FRONT PAGE, it's not being burried by the media, now is it?
  17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where did I say it was buried by the media..? What I said was (direct quote) "I wonder why such a horrible, hate-filled racist crime didn't get more media attention..."

If you want to know what my point is, just read the post of PatsFan a couple posts above. He was smart enough to figure out what you weren't.
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

QuiGon being intellectually arrogant. Now that's funny. (Too bad he doesn't really get what's going on.)
  19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Boy you loonies sure did get your panties in a bunch over my one little post... where did I say I was proving anything...? My original post was said (direct quote):

I am ashamed to say I didn't hear a single word about this crime until just now stumbling on it... I wonder why such a horrible, hate-filled racist crime didn't get more media attention...

I guess all the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth from you guys goes a long way towards demonstrating I have a good point...
  20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And too bad you're a anti-Catholic bigot who has no problem insulting or censoring any and all persons, religions or ethnicities who dare disagree with your radical left wing agenda.