PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just WTF was Buffalo thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shouldve been a little more aggressive. another example of a coach thinking 47 yard field goals are a given

I tried to stay up as long as possible and made it to the middle of the 4th quarter. Looks like the last half of the quarter was as sloppy as the first 3 and a half quarters. More importantly, it's a loss by a AFC East team. Now all we need is the Jets to lose and the Pats to beat Miami...seems do-able! :D

That wasn't when they bungled the game.

They bungled the game on the previous drive when they scored a touchdown on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line with over 2 minutes left.

A week after the Patriots had 1st and goal on the 1 and ran 2 QB sneaks designed to fail so they could take more time off the clock.

I guess they had no confidence in their ability to score.

That wasn't when they bungled the game.

They bungled the game on the previous drive when they scored a touchdown on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line with over 2 minutes left.

A week after the Patriots had 1st and goal on the 1 and ran 2 QB sneaks designed to fail so they could take more time off the clock.

I guess they had no confidence in their ability to score.

There is a MAJOR difference between 1st and 1 trailing by 6 points, and 1st and 1 ahead by 10 points. I would be shocked if Belichick wouldn't have tried to score on 1st if he was in Buffalo's position.

While I hate the Bills, I have always liked Jauron and wanted him to do well, being local, etc. But I have concluded that he just is not a very good in-game coach. From failing to challenge Welker's catch against us during the last game to the type of errors referred to here and other places, he's just not good decision-wise on the field. He seems respected by his players and peers, but I'm just not seeing it, as much as I would like to. That being said, RAC didn't, and hasn't, exactly covered himself in glory with the Browns, either.

It was clear last night that the Bills are a superior team to Cleveland and just found a way to lose. Jauron is a very, very conservative coach who more often than not plays not to lose vs. playing to win.

The more games I see like this the more I'm impressed by BB's manta, "It's all about situational football." The Pats are prepared for every contingency where other teams seem ill-prepared and panic when the pressure is on.

By running it exclusively those last 3 downs .... it looked like Jauron was playing to burn Brown's timeouts with points his team hadn't yet scored rather than playing to score those points in the first place. The Browns were playing the run all the way.

Yup, the Bills just went into a shell, playing not to lose and it cost 'em.

Last edited:
Jauron obviousy didn't do his Bills' history homework assignment: 47 yard field goal attempt, WIDE RIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back