Welcome to PatsFans.com

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse ...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... along comes U.S. Rep. Charles Rangell, once again (in only a few days) to prove your hopes are in vain .... with THESE people in Congress, anyway. This defies belief, yet it's true:

[size=+4]Rangel-ing: Charlie Pays 'Angels' In Ethics Probe[/size]

[size=+2]Harlem Congressman Gave Campaign Contributions To 3 Dems On Ethics Committee Charged With Investigating Him[/size]

NEW YORK (CBS) ―

Related Stories

* Rangel Keeps Mum Amid Disclosure Controversy
    (8/29/2009)
    * Rangel: Obama Harlem Comment Was 'Inappropriate'
    (6/1/2009)
    * Rangel: Prove I Did Wrong And I'll Quit
    (11/26/2008)
    * Report: Rangel Pays Big Money For Legal Muscle
    (11/2/2008)
    * Rangel: I Didn't Mean To Call Palin 'Disabled'
    (9/20/2008)

CBS 2 HD has learned of more alleged back-door dealings and political power peddling by Democratic Rep. Charles Rangel.

The reigning member of Congress' top tax committee is apparently "wrangling" other politicos to get him out of his own financial and tax troubles.

Here's a look at Charlie's so-called "angels" involved in his ethics investigation.

Congressman Rangel has been arrogant in refusing to discuss how, as the man who writes this country's tax laws, he failed to report over $1 million in outside income and $3 million in business transactions as required by the House, lapses under investigation by the House Ethics Committee.

Rangel-ing: Charlie Pays 'Angels' In Ethics Probe - wcbstv.com

//
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So nobody cares about this??? I can't believe everyone on this list has no opinion of what this skunk is doing. How can he get away with this?? Is there NOTHING a "Harlem Representative" can do that is worthy of condemnation??? Rangell's predecessor, Adam Clayton Powell, walked a similar path:

"By the mid-1960s Powell was being increasingly criticized for mismanagement of the committee budget, taking trips abroad at public expense (including travel to his retreat on the Bahamian isle of Bimini), and missing sittings of his committee. He was also under attack in his district, where his refusal to pay a slander judgment made him subject to arrest. He spent increasing amounts of time in Florida.

Following allegations that Powell had misappropriated Committee funds for his personal use and other charges, in January 1967 the House Democratic Caucus stripped Powell of his committee chairmanship. The full House refused to seat him until completion of an investigation by the Judiciary Committee. Powell urged his supporters to "keep the faith, baby" while the investigation went on. On March 1 the House voted 307 to 116 to exclude him. Powell said "On this day, the day of March in my opinion, the end of the United States of America as the land of the free and the home of the brave."[5]
    from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Clayton_Powell,_Jr.

Something in the water in Harlem, evidently.

//
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

We all know why nobody cares......
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I hear you.

[size=+4] "No comment." [/size]

This political "correctness" crap is destroying the country.

//