PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just watched the 2nd half of superbowl49.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
because I can. A flash drive is such a beautiful thing. So much enjoyment just a few clicks away.

But seriously, every time I watch that game I am truly amazed. I imagine it as if I was watching Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel. Seriously. Brady was so methodical. So precise in the 4th qtr. I laugh when people make claims that he was dinking and dunking or picking apart the Hawks cuz they were playing prevent D. But what they don't realize is that how quickly Brady interpreted what the D was doing in that game. He knew where to throw the ball and who would be open before the D even knew what they were doing. Got to the line, looked at the D, pointed out the D, made adjustments, got the ball, look at the D, found the receiver and put the ball on the numbers. 3 yards, 5 yards.....didn't matter. He picked apart the best D in the league over the past 3 seasons. And made it look easy. Ive said it once and I will say it again. My old man always tells how much of a privilege it was to watch Bobby Orr play hockey. Didn't really understand that until I watch Brady at QB.

Man I need some real football. More then 5 months away and Ive got a serious itch for some.

In the immortal "words" of @Wax Frog:

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Imagine life right now if we had lost that Super Bowl? I think about that Super Bowl and I smile and take the **** storm of deflategate on the sleeve.

What Brady did in the 4th quarter was unbelievable! It did not look good down 10 points with less than 11 minutes to go and they were facing a 3rd and 14. Then, everything switched. It's crazy, but I probably watch that 4th quarter at least once a month and I never get sick of it. One of the most clutch performances I've ever seen in any sport- 13-15 for 124 yards and two touchdowns. Brady= GOAT

because I can. A flash drive is such a beautiful thing. So much enjoyment just a few clicks away.

But seriously, every time I watch that game I am truly amazed. I imagine it as if I was watching Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel. Seriously. Brady was so methodical. So precise in the 4th qtr. I laugh when people make claims that he was dinking and dunking or picking apart the Hawks cuz they were playing prevent D. But what they don't realize is that how quickly Brady interpreted what the D was doing in that game. He knew where to throw the ball and who would be open before the D even knew what they were doing. Got to the line, looked at the D, pointed out the D, made adjustments, got the ball, look at the D, found the receiver and put the ball on the numbers. 3 yards, 5 yards.....didn't matter. He picked apart the best D in the league over the past 3 seasons. And made it look easy. Ive said it once and I will say it again. My old man always tells how much of a privilege it was to watch Bobby Orr play hockey. Didn't really understand that until I watch Brady at QB.

Man I need some real football. More then 5 months away and Ive got a serious itch for some.

Brady was so precise that the Seahawk defenders were banging into each other because they were so late getting to the ball. The only exception I can remember was on the 3rd and 14 pass to Edelman that started the comeback, when Kam Chancellor got in his head shot.

Your Dad is right about Bobby Orr. Did he ever see Bill Russell? Ted Williams? When it comes to sports us old geezers have been blessed to be fans of Boston teams.

Russell, Williams, Brady...GOLD. Loved watching them.
Missed Orr because I didn't follow hockey. Heard he's a great guy too.

I still get that nervous whenever I watch the fourth quarter. I remember after the Kearse catch yelling out loud "are you f@cking kidding me, again?" I remember being semi hunched over on the couch hoping for a miracle to happen...Al Michaels call will stay in my head forever. I don't remember going to bed that night. Semi alcohol influenced and mostly just not wanting the night to end.

Brady was so precise that the Seahawk defenders were banging into each other because they were so late getting to the ball. The only exception I can remember was on the 3rd and 14 pass to Edelman that started the comeback, when Kam Chancellor got in his head shot.

Your Dad is right about Bobby Orr. Did he ever see Bill Russell? Ted Williams? When it comes to sports us old geezers have been blessed to be fans of Boston teams.
I have been blessed to have attended two great games in my lifetime, game 6 of 75 World Series and SB49...( with coaxing by my wife, as in " go because you never know") Watching the game later gave a different perspective, especially when Seattle fans outnumbered us 3:1 at least...
As for Orr, along w Brady the best athlete I have ever seen. When he lost a glove, he would rush the length of the ice and without breaking stride reach down and scoop up the glove. Like someone posted, as it was with Brady in 4th quarter of SB49, poetry in motion....

I am old enough, and enough of a hockey fan to say I enjoyed some of the greats. (I was a Canadians fan however, having grown up on the east coast of Canada). Got the US stations out of Bangor, so got a steady stream of Bruins, Celtics and Pats. Orr was one of my favorite non Habs players, he could dominate a game like no other.

I also enjoyed watching Don Sweeney, only because I had the privilege of playing in the same minor leagues as him when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back