PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just wanted to drop by and say the time to blow up a team is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotSeven

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
when execution is no longer an answer that fixes your problems.

Thankfully that is not the case so those of you implying it please stop with that nonsense. It's actually quite a bit improved from the 2011 team.

Sorry if it's already been stated, but there is nothing wrong with re-iterating. In our 3 losses we have had...coaching errors, kicker errors, referee errors and Tom Brady Errors all of which directly contributed to costing us the games by a combined 4 points. Life could be worse.

Even great teams lose games when you have 2 turnovers, 2 intentional grounding calls that cost you a FG which would have likely won the game, and poor coaching. Most don't get to lose by 1 point followed this type a performance against a team which honestly, played a pretty near perfect game. So give some credit to the rookie Wilson. Hell of a game.

Patriots need to execute like we all know they know how to and thankfully this is usually not one of our problems.

Honestly, the ONLY issue I have with this team is the fact that they need to run 80 plays to score as many points as other teams do running 40. When Brady needs to run 10-15 plays for a TD, but other teams have receivers and a guy like Wilson that can go the full field with 4 plays, it makes you kind of look stupid and deflated.

Why don't we have a vertical threat yet and a big play in our pocket when we need it? Have we still not learned anything?

Other than that, I think this team will be fine. Go Pats!

There's a time to blow up a team? During the season?

Seriously, who says this?

when execution is no longer an answer that fixes your problems.

Thankfully that is not the case so those of you implying it please stop with that nonsense. It's actually quite a bit improved from the 2011 team.

Sorry if it's already been stated, but there is nothing wrong with re-iterating. In our 3 losses we have had...coaching errors, kicker errors, referee errors and Tom Brady Errors all of which directly contributed to costing us the games by a combined 4 points. Life could be worse.

Even great teams lose games when you have 2 turnovers, 2 intentional grounding calls that cost you a FG which would have likely won the game, and poor coaching. Most don't get to lose by 1 point followed this type a performance against a team which honestly, played a pretty near perfect game. So give some credit to the rookie Wilson. Hell of a game.

Patriots need to execute like we all know they know how to and thankfully this is usually not one of our problems.

Honestly, the ONLY issue I have with this team is the fact that they need to run 80 plays to score as many points as other teams do running 40. When Brady needs to run 10-15 plays for a TD, but other teams have receivers and a guy like Wilson that can go the full field with 4 plays, it makes you kind of look stupid and deflated.

Why don't we have a vertical threat yet and a big play in our pocket when we need it? Have we still not learned anything?

Other than that, I think this team will be fine. Go Pats!

8p10n.gif

Even I saw a jets fan commenting on football future forum saying that the only team that can beat the patriots is the patriots...yup we love to hit our own foot quite a bit this season...

Ray Clay...at least 60% of this board does...

i was also thinking of starting a thread like this, but now i don't have to...

even though we are at .500, i swear we may be the best 3-3 team this league has ever seen

the losses we have suffered are MADDENING, and that is because they are for the most part, UNDESERVED

the game against ARZ was lost due to a missed FG, the game against BAL was lost cuz the refs, this game go back and look, we DOMINATED, in everything but the scoreboard

if you go back and change THREE plays thorughout this season, (one in each of the losses), we are a perfect 6-0, and the best team in the league

alas, that is not the case, but its almost a wierd anomaly that we are 3-3, the season has pretty much gone as wrong as it possibly could up to this point, its almost incredible

i hope though, that that only means that we wont have to witness such disasters when the playoffs come rolling around

i do not think we will get a 1st rd by anymore, so now we are vying for the division win, and a playoff berth

in all truth that is something we should be able to sow up, the other teams in our division are very inconsistent, but none come close to how good we are

the ONLY concern i have so far is our inability to close out a game (ala 2009)....and i hope that the team as a whole begins to fix that, because right now its not looking good

if we get a killer instinct, where we dominate under pressure, on all 3 phases of the ball (something i believe is possible) then off to another SB run we are

in summary: stop whining, this team is much better than the 3-3 record, and thankfully this year's division will allow us to have a mediocre reg. season and still get into the playoffs

Belichick is going to light one hell of a fire under the team's ass this week, blowout the jets.

Belichick is going to light one hell of a fire under the team's ass this week, blowout the jets.

Agree, seriously the teams in this league that can flat beat out the patriots are the giants, and the patriots themselves. We ain't play the giants this year, so yeah it must be the patriots beating themselves to death!

too late....Bobby Bawkley and Phineas Feathers have already dropped in and determined this team is medeeokra and everyone should be fired...I'm afraid that by tomorrow there will be NO Pats fans left here to interact with....

too late....Bobby Bawkley and Phineas Feathers have already dropped in and determined this team is medeeokra and everyone should be fired...I'm afraid that by tomorrow there will be NO Pats fans left here to interact with....

Well, I still believe in this team.

I'd rather we win against the Jets but don't blow them out. This team needs to stay on it's toes for the rest of the season. It's clear that the youth can't handle big victories. Feels like 2010 all over again.

even though we are at .500, i swear we may be the best 3-3 team this league has ever seen

I proposed this idea and had a few people basically call me an idiot for it. I see two challengers, depending on the criteria:

The 1973 Falcons are crazy in that their wins were by 55, 40, and 41, while their losses were by 31, 25, and 4. They have the highest point differential after 6 games of any 3-3 team. They were a 9-5 team. Probably the best 3-3 team after six games.

The 2010 Packers started the season with wins by 7, 27, and 2 and three losses by 3. They went 10-6 and won the Super Bowl. I have to think that they're the best team that started 3-3 when observing from the end of the season. And two of those losses were to the 6-10 Redskins and the 7-9 Dolphins (a week after the Pats blew them out 41-14).

Cool story bro..

funny-gif-asian-guy-thumbs-up.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye