PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just Wanted to Clear Up Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees/Colts

Banned
Reaction score
I have seen speculation all over this forum when discussing the 3 and 4 seed possibilities that the Colts may rest their starters and tank the Miami game if the Patriots lose the early game.

Just to clear up - the Colts can still get the #2 seed if Buffalo beats Baltimore, so the Colts will be playing their starters regardless of what the Pats do.

Happy New Year

I have seen speculation all over this forum when discussing the 3 and 4 seed possibilities that the Colts may rest their starters and tank the Miami game if the Patriots lose the early game.

Just to clear up - the Colts can still get the #2 seed if Buffalo beats Baltimore, so the Colts will be playing their starters regardless of what the Pats do.

Happy New Year

Honestly, considering Indy's run defense, does it really matter where the Colts finish? If Indy played SD, LT would probably break every postseason rushinig record in that game.

The Colts would be playing their starters anyway because they just lost to the stupid Texans. You can't rest your players when you go into the playoffs sucking, which is where the Colts find themselves. They need to play a good game to get some confidence regardless of seeds.

Happy New Year

Funniest quote I have seen lately went to the effect of:

"I never thought I'd see the day when the Colts defense was so bad that even Peyton Manning couldn't overcome their terrible performance"

2 seed...1 seed...3 or 4 seed...Colts are playing with forks sticking out of their backs...

Happy New Year

How bad do the Colts need to get, and for how long, in order for Peyton to stop making commercials? Just wondering.

And Ronnie Brown will be back for the game.

If the Colts let someone like Ron Dayne run all over them I would hate to see what a back who is actually good will do to them.

What are you guys talking about? The Colts nearly had another perfect season, and as Tony Dungy -- the best coach in football according to Borges -- said, the Colts have never lost a meaningful regular season game!

Seriously, my ideal Pats post season would be Jets/Broncos/Colts/Cowboys...

Honestly, considering Indy's run defense, does it really matter where the Colts finish?

And considering the Patriots will probably be playing their daddies, the Broncos, I doubt anything really matters for them. Champ Bailey should be busy with Brady passing to him.

If Indy played SD, LT would probably break every postseason rushinig record in that game.

You know, intuitively you would think that, but LT is actually the type of runner they are very good against - runners who try to get to the perimeter. This is where their speed and smaller size are plusses. Their defensive numbers on runs to the perimeter are excellent. Up the middle and against power backs is where they absolutely suck.

Last year they held LT to 76 yards on about 3.0 a run.

And considering the Patriots will probably be playing their daddies, the Broncos, I doubt anything really matters for them. Champ Bailey should be busy with Brady passing to him.

You know, intuitively you would think that, but LT is actually the type of runner they are very good against - runners who try to get to the perimeter. This is where their speed and smaller size are plusses. Their defensive numbers on runs to the perimeter are excellent. Up the middle and against power backs is where they absolutely suck.

I give the Pats a better chance of taking out Denver to be honest. Speaking of daddies, I'm sure Maroney/Dillon would like another shot at the Dolts again in the postseason.

Yeah, I can see Indy stopping LT when they couldn't stop Ron Dayne. Good one. Its too bad Manning and Wayne took all the money and Indy lost all that defense. This could have been the year (again)...

LAST YEAR the Colts D was, while still DEEPLY overrated, much better than this year's puitrid version. LT will go over 150 yards rushing if they meet in the playoffs. NO QUESTION.

How can a Colts fan even defend that defense is beyond me, maybe you will realize sooner or later that Polian doesn't know how to build a defense and just admit it and move on.

How bad do the Colts need to get, and for how long, in order for Peyton to stop making commercials? Just wondering.

Well, Peyton himself had another MVP level season, something we all know Brady is incapable of.

And the Colts have a higher seed than the Pats and kicked the Pats butts in Foxboro for the second year running.

And the Pats haven't beaten an elite AFC team in two years, so you really have nothing to say. The Pats have been at best mediocre most of this season and Brady was horrible for most of it.

Many of you need a reality check.

How can a Colts fan even defend that defense is beyond me, maybe you will realize sooner or later that Polian doesn't know how to build a defense and just admit it and move on.

I agree about Polian. I'm not defending them against straight ahead power running. They absolutely suck. They are the worst ever. But facts are facts. Look up the numbers. They are good against perimeter runs and they shut down LT last year.

Trust me. I hate this defense and want Dungy gone.

Well, Peyton himself had another MVP level season, something we all know Brady is incapable of.

And the Colts have a higher seed than the Pats and kicked the Pats butts in Foxboro for the second year running.

And the Pats haven't beaten an elite AFC team in two years, so you really have nothing to say. The Pats have been at best mediocre most of this season and Brady was horrible for most of it.

Peyton can have his MVP trophy. Brady would take a Lombardi over that any day.

Last I checked the Pats and Colts have the same record. So what does that make the Colts?

Indy and the Pats have the same record right now. One QB has Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison (and plays Houston twice a year). The other has Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown. Figure it out, junior.

Psst, the Pats beat Pittsburgh at Heinz last year (you know the Super Bowl champs, something Indy has never been accused of being).

Funny an Indy fan talks to us about reality checks. LOL.

Is this for real? I'm seeing three superbowl rings.....

Its too bad Manning and Wayne took all the money and Indy lost all that defense.

You people live in fantasy land. Brady's cap hit is around 5 million more than Manning's according to your guy, Miguel. The Colts let Edgerrin James go and put significantly more money into their defense with Simon and McFarland. The Colts now only have around 55% of their cap in offense from what I've read.

well, Brady has won THREE Super Bowls in five years....something we all know Manning is incapable of.

You people live in fantasy land. Brady's cap hit is around 5 million more than Manning's according to your guy, Miguel. The Colts let Edgerrin James go and put significantly more money into their defense with Simon and McFarland. The Colts now only have around 55% of their cap in offense from what I've read.

Now who is living in Fantasy Land? How much of that 55% is Manning/Harrison/Wayne? If the Colts are pouring a lot of money into defense, why are they among the worst ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes