Welcome to PatsFans.com

Just to make Mikey's head explode: Peymetons named NFL Man of the Year

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by T-ShirtDynasty, Feb 2, 2006.

1. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3571

Watch the blood pressure Mikey... we don't want that vein in your neck to start jutting out. :D
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  2. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't understand why the guy gets all the media coverage and awards.

The article states that Manning's Peyback foundation doled out $900,000 to kids from Indiana, Tennessee, and Louisiana.

First of all, how much of the $900,000 came from Manning? Peyback hosts a lot of fundraising events where the money came from other people. So how much of that $900,000 actually came from Manning's pocket. And does the amount includes Manning's contribution to the Katrina's relief effort?

Second, $900,000 over 8 years is not very much, considering this guy earns in excess of $25,000,000 every year.

I am surprised the media folks cannot see through the phoniness of the self-centered Manning family.

3. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +216 / 13 / -18

#15 Jersey

I don't know about all that, but I still think the doctor was a little to rough with the forcepts when he was born.
  4. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

By the way... It was just in fun mikey. The second I saw Manning and charity in the same sentence, I just thought of you. :)
  5. aabtec

aabtec Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is the NFL trying to rehab his reputation after he threw his Ol under the bus...Every football fan now knows he is a jerk.