PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just to make Mikey's head explode: Peymetons named NFL Man of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Peyton Manning has received nearly every individual award associated with the National Football League. Still, the one he will receive Friday means something special.

That’s because the award is the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, the award given annually by the NFL honoring a player’s charity and volunteer work, as well as his on-field achievements.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3571

Watch the blood pressure Mikey... we don't want that vein in your neck to start jutting out. :D

Last edited:
I don't understand why the guy gets all the media coverage and awards.

The article states that Manning's Peyback foundation doled out $900,000 to kids from Indiana, Tennessee, and Louisiana.

First of all, how much of the $900,000 came from Manning? Peyback hosts a lot of fundraising events where the money came from other people. So how much of that $900,000 actually came from Manning's pocket. And does the amount includes Manning's contribution to the Katrina's relief effort?

Second, $900,000 over 8 years is not very much, considering this guy earns in excess of $25,000,000 every year.

I am surprised the media folks cannot see through the phoniness of the self-centered Manning family.

mikey said:

The article states that Manning's Peyback foundation doled out $900,000 to kids from Indiana, Tennessee, and Louisiana.

First of all, how much of the $900,000 came from Manning? Peyback hosts a lot of fundraising events where the money came from other people. So how much of that $900,000 actually came from Manning's pocket. And does the amount includes Manning's contribution to the Katrina's relief effort?

Second, $900,000 over 8 years is not very much, considering this guy earns in excess of $25,000,000 every year.

I am surprised the media folks cannot see through the phoniness of the self-centered Manning family.

I don't know about all that, but I still think the doctor was a little to rough with the forcepts when he was born.

By the way... It was just in fun mikey. The second I saw Manning and charity in the same sentence, I just thought of you. :)

mikey said:

This is the NFL trying to rehab his reputation after he threw his Ol under the bus...Every football fan now knows he is a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back