PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just to get something straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
ive read articles saying that ONLY if the pats go 19-0 will they be able to be in the conversatino of best team of all time....that is way off

not being a homer, but going 16-0 ALREADY puts the 07 pats in the discussion of best football team of all time...

if the pats go 19-0, there WONT be a discussion....the pats would hands down be the best team of all time, and all arguments would be pretty much pointless...

just thought i had share that

In time there won't really be an argument. Right now the Pats are undefeated but still have been taken to the wire, so some may think they aren't THAT great. People only remember the '85 Bears by what they see in highlight reels, and their dominant run in the playoffs. But IMO they lost their most pressure-packed game of the season in Miami in primetime. The Pats just pulled out their most pressure-packed game last Saturday ;)

I guess if you accept that the dolphins were the best because they won their first 16 games, then I guess the patriots should be in the discussion.

Personally, I don't think that 17-0 dolphins were in the top five best teams of all time.

Are we talking about the best regular season performances. The certainly the best were the 1943 Bears. It really isn't very close.

Personally, the playoffs mean alot to be. The patriots are the best dynasty of all time, but until proven otherwise, the 1985 Bears are the best.

It's not that 18-1 would not rank them for discussion. It's that the 1 should come during the regular season, or they simply did not finish. End of discussion unless you want to open it up to the Bills "dyansty".

I didn't think so.

We know what makes a team great.

If the Pats don't win the Superbowl, I don't think there is an argument for the best team ever. How can you compare the 1985 Bears, which absolutely destroyed the playoff competition through the Superbowl and had one lapse in 16 games in the regular season with a similar point differential (worse offense, better defense) with a team that doesn't take the title.

The fact is, nobody remembered the 1998 Vikings until this year. They were 15-1 and set the season scoring record broken this year. Why? They lost in the playoffs when historically the best teams shine. They became a footnote in history, not a testament to greatness. The 2001 Rams were one of the greatest offensive teams ever, but they lost the big game to the Pats and will never be considered the better team for losing the one game that season that really mattered.

I think at this point you appreciate the Pats for what they have - a record setting regular season. None of the players would trade that mark for a championship, so you have to be fooling yourself to believe all the regular season records matter if they lose one of the next three games. I trust they will keep the winning streak alive so you never have to settle for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back