PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just spoke with a Ravens fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
right - and guess who else are 'really mad' - the pats!

kyle boller doesn't scare anyone, and for the umpteenth straight season, the ravens offense stinks. I'll be very surprised if Brian Billick survives this off-season as the ravens coach.

pats in a cakewalk.

Billick just signed a $20M extension for 4 more years. Doubt he will be gone, although, he might have a new offensive coordinator.

Yeah - Ray Lewis is so angry he's going to fall twice as hard on piles and jump up 3 times as fast pumping his fist and dancing so the people watching on TV think he made a play.

And just wait til you see his epileptic seizure dance during the intros.....

Just spoke with a buddy of mine who lives in Baltimore and is a Ravens fan. He says the Ravens are EXTREMELY angry after the drubbing in San Diego and over their season in general, and will be out for blood Monday night. At least, their defense will. He said he doesn't think their offense is capable of much but to expect a very physical game. That appears to be the mood down there.

This is what the Ravens were saying before the SD game.

And the game before that.

And the game before that....

Billick just signed a $20M extension for 4 more years. Doubt he will be gone, although, he might have a new offensive coordinator.
te?
Has he already fired himself from that position?
Or does he plan to do it on a later date?

That's exactly how he found out about it. Between AM stations 1090, 1300 and 1570, there are maybe a half-dozen shows hosted by Ravens, incl. Billick. If there's one thing they like to do - besides play like bullies, choke against the dolts, and murder people (allegedly) - then that's talk.

The callers to the sports-talk stations, OTOH, are generally predicting a Pats blowout, which includes covering the point-spread. I don't see that happening now, not after the defense's atrocious performance vs. Philly.

Nothing like giving out bulletin board material.

Anger does not win games.
Skill and strategy does.:snob:

Just spoke with a buddy of mine who lives in Baltimore and is a Ravens fan. He says the Ravens are EXTREMELY angry after the drubbing in San Diego
Just think how mad they'll be Tuesday morning after a 50-10 beatdown at home in front of a national audience.

Wow, does he hang out in their locker room or get to practice with them on the field? I doubt they said this to the media, so I'm wondering how he found out about it?

He's a pretty rabid fan and is an information sponge when it comes to the Ravens, so I trust his instinct that Baltimore's defense will "bring it" at home on Monday night. The Ravens players and Billick are a lot more "media friendly" than we're used to up here, largely via multiple radio shows. He doesn't expect the Ravens to win and neither do I, but they are capable of doing some damage on the defensive side of the ball.

This might be yet another test for the Patriots, playing three tough, physical defenses in a row -- Philadelphia, Baltimore, and then Pittsburgh after short rest.

This could happen, but absent an improvement in personnel, it would merely amount to a reshuffling of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I think the Patriots are aware that EVERY team they FACE for the remainder of the season has a goal to be the one to BEAT New England.
Especially those who's season have ended

Do we remember who ended the 86 Bears streak?

Do we remember who ended the Colts streak a few years back?

Do we remember who lost the last 4 superbowls?

Yeah - Ray Lewis is so angry he's going to fall twice as hard on piles and jump up 3 times as fast pumping his fist and dancing so the people watching on TV think he made a play.

That seems to be the Bob Sanders motif -- a few good plays surrounded by lots of preening.

Monday Night on the road, that has been a recipe for success around here in recent years.

The Patriots have never played an angry or pumped up team. I'll bet they won't know what to do.

That seems to be the Bob Sanders motif -- a few good plays surrounded by lots of preening.

Sanders is in a contract year so that might explain the increase in his "Look_at_Me" stylings on the field. Don't doubt it though; this guy is the real deal. I'd love to see the Pats sign him if they don't get Asante redone.

Last edited:
Wow, does he hang out in their locker room or get to practice with them on the field? I doubt they said this to the media, so I'm wondering how he found out about it?

i think long time fans get to know the personality of their teams pretty well...don't be too hard on this guy...we all speculate about what's up with Pats, don't we?

In all seriousness, Monday Night game on the road, against a team with NOTHING to lose and a vicious defense (I didn't say "great defense", but they are vicious).

agreed. if you look at the rest of the season, except for the Steelers and Giants, we are playing games that represent "The SuperBowl" for opponents. Not to say that these teams will win, but none of these will be easy.

if the pats go 16--0, it will be a beat up bunch of guys who head into the playoffs. this worries me.

So a team is going to give us their best shot on national TV with nothing to lose......not much new there....oh wait.....it's on ESPN now...take out the part about on national TV....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back