PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just So We Are Perfectly Clear: Sideline Video was NOT ANALYZED During Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact of the matter is, videotaping during a game is illegal. he has paid for it, and that's that. It is what it is boys. He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, got punished, and now it's time to move on.

I keep seeing people type this and it keeps irking me. What BB was doing was against NFL rules, it wasn't illegal. There is a huge difference between these two things. People saying it's illegal are the ones attempting to lump BB in with people like Vick. It's pure sensationalism and it does sell papers, get viewers or hits on websites, but it's still disgusting and one of the things that is wrong with our society.

If the Pats did not use sideline video for any games in progress, then isn't this punishment ridiculously over the top?

Ugh, what do you expect him to say? This isn't gonna stop criticism from our team. Its hard to believe much of what Bill says at this point...

Exactly. If someone is found to have cheated than why would you believe his apology.

I thought he should have left that whole part out and apologized cleanly without trying to wiggle out of it.

It's strange. So he videotaped the opposing teams signal caller to use it for the next meeting.

Would that be any better?

It doesn't seem like it helped in this game but I don't believe for a second this was the very first time.

People are going to question every close game we've won (and rightfully so).

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some other teams that have done this and hopefully this stops it.

When I watch football I want to see an honest game.

Over the past 7 years, has our offense ever appeared unstoppable in the 2nd half of most games, especially in any of our playoff games? The answer is obviously no. And those players claiming we knew their offensive signals, they are a joke and liars because this violation is for defensive signals; offensive signals are relayed to QB's through their helmet so videotaping is impossible.

Belichick violated a rule, and the Patriots paid a price, as they should have. But we did not CHEAT or STEAL signals during games in progress. I want that to be made clear to all the mediots all there who should be charged with slander for repeating those two words over and over.

Over the past 7 years, has But we did not CHEAT or STEAL signals during games in progress.

1. The only thing you have to base that on is Belichicks apology.

2. If they were taped to use as an advantage against future games why is that not cheating or stealing?

2. If they were taped to use as an advantage against future games why is that not cheating or stealing?

helliger, this comment shows me you have no f*cking clue what you are talking about.

Every team already videotapes all kinds of stuff including the play on field, the coaches and QB's on the sidelines, etc and it is used for post-game study and analysis... videotaping from the sideline is the violation that occurred.

If the Pats did not use sideline video for any games in progress, then isn't this punishment ridiculously over the top?

Goodell had to satiate the blood lust that has developed over the past six years. He delivered a stiff penalty that the team has accepted and will move on from. "Over the top" is relative. Most people are going to say it wasn't enough when the team manages to stay at least four games over .500 despite all of this. Sucks for them.

I forget which NFL QB said this, but he said it was impossible to break down the film that quickly, during a 12 minute break, where you could get an advantage during a game.

Is it so hard to believe that Belichick is so anal that he wants to match the defensive hand calls with the field play after the game? It is more information for his ginormous library.

Videotaping is for post-game purposes. It's not for stealing, like others do with binoculars, etc.

I dare any of the doubters to find me a game where the Pats offense made remarkable adjustments, mid-game, based on sideline videotaping of a defense.

Per Belichick's statement:
"As the Commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week’s game.
We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress."
If he really wants anyone who is not a Patriots homer to believe that, he needs to give a full explanation of what the rule is, what the procedure they followed with taping was, what his "interpretation" was and why he didn't think it was breaking the rule. Instead he is doing his usual stonewalling the media bit. That is not helping the situation, IMO.

helliger, this comment shows me you have no f*cking clue what you are talking about.

Every team already videotapes all kinds of stuff including the play on field, the coaches and QB's on the sidelines, etc and it is used for post-game study and analysis... videotaping from the sideline is the violation that occurred.

They videotaped the signal calls of the opposing team.

Gimme a break. It was cheating, everyone knows it was cheating.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,"

If he really wants anyone who is not a Patriots homer to believe that, he needs to give a full explanation of what the rule is, what the procedure they followed with taping was, what his "interpretation" was and why he didn't think it was breaking the rule. Instead he is doing his usual stonewalling the media bit. That is not helping the situation, IMO.

Exactly, he should describe exactly what he was doing than and what was the purpose of videotaping the opposing teams signal caller.

If it wasn't cheating than what was the purpose?

he should describe exactly what he was doing than and what was the purpose of videotaping the opposing teams signal caller.

If it wasn't cheating than what was the purpose?

holliger, since you're not a pats fan let me explain. Belichick is the most detailed, anal, well-prepared man in the league. He accumulates all the information he can, so that when we scouts teams, he knows everything about them. At the same time, he comes across as a man who highly respects the game of football. He is a history buff, football is his life. He is known for being very private and protective of his team, but he has never been one to BLATANTLY cheat to get an edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back