PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just set my branch jersey on FIRE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Growing up i always been into sports. I played them, and as well was a huge fan. When i say i'm a fan of a team, im a fan of theres for life, through good or bad. Growing up if my brother and i had a jersey of our favorite player from our favorite team, and they betrayed us, we would go in the street and set in on fire, and watch it burn, and wish them nothing but bad luck in there on coming seasons. I havent done anything like that in like 10 yrs, and today i did it again. As i watched dieon branch's jersey burn, i felt filled with satisfaction. I said to myself, i wish you nothing but bad luck, for you and your team. Now that this is all over with, myself and us patriot fans can move on. To all the patriot fans who felt like i did, about branch ******* us over, this was for you. Now lets win that super bowl.

frankiesfly said:
Growing up i always been into sports. I played them, and as well was a huge fan. When i say i'm a fan of a team, im a fan of theres for life, through good or bad. Growing up if my brother and i had a jersey of our favorite player from our favorite team, and they betrayed us, we would go in the street and set in on fire, and watch it burn, and wish them nothing but bad luck in there on coming seasons. I havent done anything like that in like 10 yrs, and today i did it again. As i watched dieon branch's jersey burn, i felt filled with satisfaction. I said to myself, i wish you nothing but bad luck, for you and your team. Now that this is all over with, myself and us patriot fans can move on. To all the patriot fans who felt like i did, about branch ******* us over, this was for you. Now lets win that super bowl.

Note to anyone else that does this: Video tape it and put it on YouTube so we all can enjoy it. :D

Michael said:
Note to anyone else that does this: Video tape it and put it on YouTube so we all can enjoy it. :D

Amen to that. I am just glad that when I was choosing between Bruschi and Branch that I went with the Bruschi. So far I have Brady, Bruschi, Brown, and Dillon. All of those are still on the team. Yay for me.

:rocker: this is why i love sports

I've been lucky with my jersey selection as well... I was mulling a Bledsoe, but then after all that happened with him I held off for awhile until getting a Bruschi, then a Brady once he won us a Super Bowl, a Dillon, a Harrison, a a Brady Pro Bowl, and a Seymour when he was extended.

That is great... to others doing the same thing, save them for the next home game to do it in the fellowship of other Pats fans and record and put on you tube!
My two jerseys are for defense (bruschi) and offense (dillon) and I wear them depending on which side I think needs to have the bigger game to win on game day!

My girlfriend gave me an authentic Terry Glenn jersey for Christmas back when he was on the team. I solved the problem by taking his name off the back. I think you can do that with the replica jerseys as well, no need to burn the thing (although I think what you did is pretty funny). Someone else will come along and use Branch's number and you'll still have a Pats item to wear.

You should just have kept it done something creative with it.

The best would be to stuff the ashes in an envelope and mail them to the Seahawks attn: Leion Branch. Enclose a not explaining that those are the ashes from his jersey and ask him to kindly shove them up his ass.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
My girlfriend gave me an authentic Terry Glenn jersey for Christmas back when he was on the team. I solved the problem by taking his name off the back. I think you can do that with the replica jerseys as well, no need to burn the thing (although I think what you did is pretty funny). Someone else will come along and use Branch's number and you'll still have a Pats item to wear.
I have a #59 jersey, which I did that to.

frankiesfly said:

Wow, good job. By the way, reality called, it was wondering when you are coming back?

Brownfan80 said:
Amen to that. I am just glad that when I was choosing between Bruschi and Branch that I went with the Bruschi. So far I have Brady, Bruschi, Brown, and Dillon. All of those are still on the team. Yay for me.

I haven't been as lucky. I did have a Brady alternate jersey from 2001, and a Harrison alternate jersey from 2003. But I also have an Antowain Smith alternate jersey (knowing full well he would be gone after the year, I just liked how it looked), two (!!!) Vinatieris [red throwback and current home], and a Ty Law away jersey.

Last edited:
As much as I'm bothered by the departure of our previous kicker, I will NOT light that jersey on fire. That individual was just so clutch while he was wearing it, I have to keep it.

I think my #54 jersey is safe.

Brady and Grogan throwbacks, a Bruschi white, and my own nickname on a blue (don't drink and surf). Planning on getting a Maroney home jersey in November.

You are so cool, frankie! So cool!

I want my kids to grow up to be like you

Well, it'd be nice if they had actual lives and perspective but screw that, I want them to be like you! RAH-RAH PATRIOTS YAY!

It's times like these that remind me why I only buy Brady jerseys after we win SB's. You can't rely on even our top wideout to stick around for more than 4 years. If I were to buy for another player it would have to be somebody that I would know without a doubt that they were going to retire here (maybe Bruschi, Brown- but even he flirted with the Jets).

RI Pats Fan said:
You are so cool, frankie! So cool!

I want my kids to grow up to be like you

Well, it'd be nice if they had actual lives and perspective but screw that, I want them to be like you! RAH-RAH PATRIOTS YAY!

Ha,Ha! I'm sure all of Frankie's neighbors in that trailerpark are real proud to have Frankie burning stuff in the middle of the street.

I made mine into an adult diaper. its fun.

frankiesfly said:

Damn! You weren't wearing it were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back