PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just out of curiousity, will you buy AFC East Champ stuff now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Pats Fans only:
I figured I'd wait to see if they had SB Champs stuff but.....I actually liked this years East T-Shirts so I'll probably get one (can't have enough t-shirts) but I'll forego the hat. I'm thinking this falls under the category of enjoying what we've got because I sure as heck don't remember any 2-14 shirts back in the day:D .

I don't want to bust anybody's nuggets who makes a living selling this stuff, but did we transform into the Lions at some point in the last 4 days?

dryheat44 said:
I don't want to bust anybody's nuggets who makes a living selling this stuff, but did we transform into the Lions at some point in the last 4 days?
?????????????????

PatsRI said:
Pats Fans only:
I figured I'd wait to see if they had SB Champs stuff but.....I actually liked this years East T-Shirts so I'll probably get one (can't have enough t-shirts) but I'll forego the hat. I'm thinking this falls under the category of enjoying what we've got because I sure as heck don't remember any 2-14 shirts back in the day:D .

I personally will not. I don't believe in buying anything other than Championship hats and T-shirts. I've always believed that, even before the Patriots had their run. I didn't buy the AFC champs hat in '96 or any other hat, other than superbowl hats for that matter. I wouldn't even buy Wild Card champion hats for the Red Sox prior to 2004, even though at the time I thought that was the only thing they would ever win. Now, I wonder if I'll ever get a Celtics hat.

PatsRI said:
Pats Fans only:

I usually pick stuff like that if I can get it real cheap. I have an AFCC Patriots fleece pullover with SB 36 logo on back that I got for about 8 bucks. I wear it all the time.

I just hope that after the last two year's SB hats having such awful color schemes that this is year it's not something I like. That would suck.

Last edited:
I look at it along the lines of a souvenir mug (and I have about 20 of those over the years). More a memento of that season. I still think I have an old "Berry the Bears" tshirt somewhere. Of course that was when I was 15 and 3 sizes smaller. I don't think it makes us the Lions to buy a shirt. I'm confident enough in the team that I don't need to be ashamed to win a division.

PatsRI said:
I look at it along the lines of a souvenir mug (and I have about 20 of those over the years). More a memento of that season. I still think I have an old "Berry the Bears" tshirt somewhere. Of course that was when I was 15 and 3 sizes smaller. I don't think it makes us the Lions to buy a shirt. I'm confident enough in the team that I don't need to be ashamed to win a division.

I had that shirt and a squish the fish shirt. Literally wore them out.

I've never bought any "runner up" type stuff, but my mother bought me various Pats AFCE Champs sweatshirts and the like. The crown jewel of these items is my AFC Champions 1996 hat that I still wear to this day when I'm doing home projects, much like a painters cap. I ran into a Pats fan at Home Depot last year and he cracked up at my hat; He thought it was hilarious that of all the championship hats I could have been wearing, I was wearing a a SB-loser hat.

Regards,
Chris

PatsRI said:
I don't think it makes us the Lions to buy a shirt. I'm confident enough in the team that I don't need to be ashamed to win a division.

Well, my meaning was that a division champs T-Shirt or hat seems to be something a Lions or Cardinals fan would run out to buy, because it would seem a high-water mark for them. For me, it's a memory of a disappointment. For the record, I don't have any T-shirts or hats alluding to any Championships either. My shirts, sweatshirts, hats, are all just the Pats logo or a simple "New England Patriots".

PatsRI said:
Pats Fans only:

LOL. no.........

I'll pass. Hell, I quit buying super bowl memorabilia after our second super bowl win.

I've only bought SB memorabilia but I have been given non-SB memorabilia.

Ha, I can't imagine being proud enough of a team that fumbled and bumbled thier way to a divisional playoff loss by 14 pts, and buying a T-shirt to bring back those sweet memories.

I might buy them to sacrifice them and get rid of that bad mojo.

Next up in Pats practice - Holding onto the pill drills.

huskeralk said:
I'll pass. Hell, I quit buying super bowl memorabilia after our second super bowl win.

The Jets won 2 Super Bowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back