Welcome to PatsFans.com

Just in case anyone is still maintaining the WMD lie

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Titus Pullo, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

And now, ladies and gentlement..... this:

Even Rumsfeld's own Web site admits they didn't know jack sh*t about WMDs, and altered the intel.... Is this the "slam dunk" they were talking about?:

Simply the Worst
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/opinion/13dowd.html?_r=1

Rummy’s memoir, “Known and Unknown,” is an unnerving reminder of how the Iraq hawks took crazy conditionals and turned them into urgent imperatives to justify what the defense chief termed “anticipatory self-defense.”

At “Rumsfeld.com,” the author has put up an archive of records and memos. One, marked “SECRET” and declassified last month at his request, is dated Sept. 9, 2002. That was after his P.R. roll-out to the March 2003 Iraq invasion was under way.

The subject line reads “WMD.” Secretary Rumsfeld is sending a secret report that he received a few days earlier to Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, asking: “Please take a look at this material as to what we don’t know about WMD. It is big.”

The attachment is from Major Gen. Glen Shaffer, then the director for intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the secretary of defense, responding to Rummy’s request to know the “unknowns” about Iraqi weapons of mass destruction.

“We range from 0% to about 75% knowledge on various aspects of their program,” Shaffer wrote. Unfortunately, the 0% had to do with actual weapons.

“Our assessments rely heavily on analytic assumptions and judgment rather than hard evidence,” the report said. “The evidentiary base is particularly sparse for Iraqi nuclear programs.”

It added: “We don’t know with any precision how much we don’t know.” And continued: “We do not know if they have purchased, or attempted to purchase, a nuclear weapon. We do not know with confidence the location of any nuclear weapon-related facilities. Our knowledge of the Iraqi nuclear weapons program is based largely — perhaps 90% — on analysis of imprecise intelligence.”

On biological weapons: “We cannot confirm the identity of any Iraqi facilities that produce, test, fill, or store biological weapons,” the report said, adding: “We believe Iraq has 7 mobile BW agent production plants but cannot locate them ... our knowledge of how and where they are produced is probably up to 90% incomplete.”

On chemical weapons: “We cannot confirm the identity of any Iraqi sites that produce final chemical agent.” And on ballistic missile programs they had “little missile-specific data.”

Somehow that was twisted into “a slam-dunk.” You go to war with the army you have, but the facts you want.

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Hmmm, I'm not sure who was still buying it, but yes, it's a reminder of why politics and intelligence analysis shouldn't mix.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

We all know it was a bunch of sh!t now, we have to remember that Presidents are politicians and politicians are the lowest form of life on this planet, you don't make it to the White House unless you are a f-cking lying dishonest cheating back stabbing scumbag piece of sh!t.

We elect who we believe is the Best Of The Bad Lot and then we have to live with them.

Why are those wars still going on, why is Gitmo still open?

Answer:
    Obama is just another scumsucking sh!t juice politician, a lying phony bastard just like Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld.

Politicians like football they all read these forums------------:singing:

Hey you reading this, are you a politician, if you are "f-ck you" you lousy creepy crooked bastard, you know Harry Boy don't you (I've had e-mails from you scum)

:bricks:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  4. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

try not to drink and post. It's awkward for everyone.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Still amazes this viewer of how much of a free ride they got, cost over 3 trillion dollars, killed over 4500 of our young men and women, destablized the mideast, fueled the fire of Al Queada, killed over 150K women and children(collateral damage), destroyed a nation which we must rebuild.. on and on. No one gives a f... the worst decision that I have seen by a politician in my life.

6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

The american people should now take to the streets and demand that we bring our troops home from all over the world and turn those scumbags loose from Gitmo send the bastards back to their donkeys, close Gitmo then Secure our own country, protect our borders, seaports and airports, capture and kill anybody trying to do harm to America, warn the animals who are our enemys that anything or any type of attack planned or carried out on America's soil will result in the destruction of their filthy homeland (Nuke Them).

Protect America f-ck the rest of the world, the whole Middle East is now going nuts and it won't be long before Israel is attacked and destroyed the Middle East Muslims are coming together and they are looking for blood, the Riots in Egypt are the tip of the iceberg this whole thing is growing each day, the American Democrat Media, The Obama Administration and all of America's Left Wing Movement have "DUMPED ISRAEL" it's all over for them now all America can do is prepare to protect it's own Ports and Borders, the Muslim Terrorists are patient they will wait and then when the time is right another 9/11 will happen, you can bet on it, we can prevent it though if we have the courage to stop slobbering and do what has to be done.

Israel will be attacked and destroyed before Obama leaves office because The Muslims know that Obama and all of his followers are no friends of Israel.

You are right about Iraq Darryl, we were lied to, I believed it for a long time.

Watch The Dirty Bastards
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110216/ap_on_re_us/us_us_military_gulf

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Your dementia has set in early today, go back about 5-6 years ago, you believed the whole f..ing deal.. and supported what that lying bastard told to us and the 'merican people.. you always labeled yourself as a neo con. Every day you ranted and railed against anyone who spoke against him, the terms Jane Fonda Kerry is not a new phenonemon for you..

You used to support old George W to a fault, anytime he was criticized you blamed that damned old MSM as trying to do him in.. you can fool some of the people part of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.. you still do it. Every day you bring up something about Obama getting a pass, but George W would be attacked even though he lied like a rotten bastard.

Either that or you are a chronic liar.. :D:D:D

11. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

That's what he said:

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Thanks for the third man in, he defended George Bush when he lied, and each and every day launched an attack on anyone who did not felt that that rat bastard George Bush lied.. ..

Sorry to portray some history to this argument, but of some of listened to his daily rant and rave, and continual defense of George W. .. if he did not believe it, he hid it well by continually berating anyone who contested these lies of the former rat bastard..

Tell it to the moms, dads, wives, husbands and children whose husbands and wives died in vain, because of the lies of that no good bastard..

13. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

I'll let him speak for himself, but my read of what he said was that he believed what turned out to be a lie. Not sure what offends you about that. He said that you were right all along. What do you want him to do?

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Be honest...

15. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

I think you are completely missing the point. I think you are reading his statement to mean that he always believed that WMD thing was a lie. I think he is saying that what he always believed was the WMD lie (i.e. he bought into it, and now sees that it was a lie). Comprendo?

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

I just told you, I believed the lie for a long time, now you can go pound sand up your ass :D

:bricks:

17. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Thanks, Harry. Makes me feel so much better for defending you here.

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Read it wrong.. mea culpa.

19. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Ban hammer time. (if this forum enforced its stated rules, of course)

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

I knew you did.

I did believe it and I did defend the war for a long time, it got so bad in my house that my wife and I could no longer watch the news together, she never trusted Bush and I liked him when they didn't find the WMD's we came close to getting a divorce, now we're fighting over the NY Mosque and Sarah Palin......:singing:
    But I'm right this time.