PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just How Much Do Dominant CB's Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please name me one "stud rusher" that impacts a game on every down. With Seymour no longer being quite the Seymour he once was, I can't think of a single one currently playing in the NFL. JJ Watts looks like he could become the next one, but it's too soon to tell.

Well..who would you rather have as your star player on a D, a prime Seymour or a Revis?

And as far as your question goes i'd take any of the current top linemen over a CB. I think that position is more valuable.

Last edited:
IMO Darrell Revis is the best player in the NFL. He changes the terms on which the game is played on. Watch the Jets implode for proof, his absence will sink that team. DR gives a mediocre roster and a mediocre coach a chance to win each week.

They imploded last year with him in the lineup and they were well on their way this season with Revis healthy.

That's not a knock on Revis - he obviously has a huge impact but the jets just suck

Last edited:
Well..who would you rather have as your star player on a D, a prime Seymour or a Revis?

And as far as your question goes i'd take any of the current top linemen over a CB. I think that position is more valuable.

I don't want to get side tracked off the question.

Please name me one "stud rusher" that impacts a game on every down.

The point of this thread seems to be that since we don't have a dominant cornerback, they aren't very important. The same case could be made for a dominant pass rusher.
===========================================
IMHO, the patriot defense would be a top defense if we could add a dominant cornerback. Belichick has been trying for years to draft top cornerbacks since LAw left, with relatively little success.

I don't want to get side tracked off the question.

Please name me one "stud rusher" that impacts a game on every down.

You are taking what i said way too literally. My point was that i'd rather have a dominant lineman who can be a force against both the run and pass.

One more draft pick like Chandler and the cornerbacks will look a lot better. Can't beat an intensive pass rush particularly up the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes