PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just how good is our front office??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There have been several threads and post lately questioning our front office.

I just got the ESPN Draft Guide. There is a little section on page 126 in that they rank the front offices of all NFL teams.

Ranked #1? Your New England Patriots, that's who.

So to all of the doubters & nay sayers out there who have been taking shots at BB, Scott, and Bob Kraft. There is one major publication who thinks we have pretty good people running our team.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:

I just got the ESPN Draft Guide. There is a little section on page 126 in that they rank the front offices of all NFL teams.

So to all of the doubters & nay sayers out there who have been taking shots at BB, Scott, and Bob Kraft. There is one major publication who thinks we have pretty good people running our team.
GREAT find!!! ANd I agree...this post should be up top...absolutely! GREAT POST!!

Pats726 said:
GREAT find!!! ANd I agree...this post should be up top...absolutely! GREAT POST!!

More like this post count should be up top. ;)

Could you repeat that Nut? My hearing aid must be acting up, I could have sworn you said the NEP FO was #1?

Box_O_Rocks said:
Could you repeat that Nut? My hearing aid must be acting up, I could have sworn you said the NEP FO was #1?

Don't mind at all. It says on page 126 "If front offices were draft prospects, this is the order in which we'd draft 'em"

#1 New England Patriots.

There you go.

#1 and they'll prove it to all of us again this off-season...... :rocker:

PATSNUTme said:
Don't mind at all. It says on page 126 "If front offices were draft prospects, this is the order in which we'd draft 'em"

#1 New England Patriots.

There you go.

Great find NUT...NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS..."Deals or Wheels"

PATSNUTme said:

#1 New England Patriots.

There you go.
Thankee Kindly! Guess I don't need to change the battery in my ear trumpet after all.

That's great. So can we start moving in on some FAs now?

Absolutely. However, they have exhibited Super Bowl fatigue in last years pickups.

Time for a come back!

re

We absolutely have the best front office.

They judge talent fairly accurately and objectively, and also manage the salary cap with the long-term view in focus.

They actively look for undervalued players, and overlooked players on the wire, draft, or free agent list.

They have thick skin, and are willing to suffer criticism and unpopularity from the public in order to make the best decisions for the franchise and the team.

The Patriots front office is the anti-Red Sox (1918-2003) front office.

Could not agree more, spent the past couple of days arguing with fans about what is going on, as much as I like Willie, David, Adam and the rest of the crew the bottom line is we will not overpay for any of these guys. My retort to all of them who argue and follow the sky is falling philosophy, is what do you think the Pats record will be this year?? Invariably they come back with 11-5 or 12-4, my response is stfu then, why whine in March, have faith this team will be good when the time counts.

I see a couple of "Cold water" post but the water is now more "luke warm".

The real "chiken littles" don't seem to have a come back for this.

I guess I'm a "chicken little"... :rolleyes: I do not think it's unreasonable at this point to be concerned about the quality players who have left for other teams.

Don't misunderstand me- Givens was over paid but they could have easily locked up AV with some guaranteed money- the guy has been consistent enough over the years to warrant it and it would't have busted the cap by a long shot.

The Pats front office, as great as they are are subject to team altering mistakes- Biesel, Starks, Terrell... I'm hopeful they'll sign some great F/A's but there is no denying they lost a lot of clutch ,skilled players who will not be easy to replace.

Brick said:
I guess I'm a "chicken little"... :rolleyes: I do not think it's unreasonable at this point to be concerned about the quality players who have left for other teams.

Don't misunderstand me- Givens was over paid but they could have easily locked up AV with some guaranteed money- the guy has been consistent enough over the years to warrant it and it would't have busted the cap by a long shot.

The Pats front office, as great as they are are subject to team altering mistakes- Biesel, Starks, Terrell... I'm hopeful they'll sign some great F/A's but there is no denying they lost a lot of clutch ,skilled players who will not be easy to replace.

And so, does that mean that you think that the #1 rating is wrong?

Sorry I didn't read this thread sooner...I agree 100%. With all the negativity by many here (and it DOES seem to be newer posters vice veterans) I haven't spent as much time here lately. It is really tiresome to listen to all these so-called Pats fans who STILL haven't figured out how the Pats do business. We NEVER worry about winning the "Summerbowl", but our Superbowl track record ain't so bad.

It is no less frustrating for me to watch guys, who have been so important to the Pats' success, leave while other teams are buying up players, than it is for any other fan, but a Pats' frustrating FA season is like blizzards in the New England winters, or the hot, dry summers here in central Texas...it just goes with the territory, and complaining about it doesn't do any good.

...But I don't deign to think that I know more than the architechs of three Superbowls in four years. If we are concerned about the losses of McGinest, Givens, and Adam, why would anyone think that BB and SP are only now finding out about it in the newspapers? They have a much better handle on what these guys bring to a team than any of us do, and more importantly, what to do about these personnel losses and how much should be invested in the effort.

While I certainly don't think BB and SP are above reproach, they have earned the benefit of the doubt many times over, and I'm not giving the Chicken Littles of this board my ear.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
And so, does that mean that you think that the #1 rating is wrong?

Not necessarily although I'm the only one to admit I'm no expert when it comes to Personnel moves. The Patriots are the experts obviously but again they are subject to poor decsions like all of us mortals. BTW the #1 rating is nice in a Fantasy Football stat sort of way but what matters at the end of the day is wins on the football field not what a bunch of writers (or we) think.

Many here say you can't judge the F/A Pats players for their past performance, fair enough. Yet when it comes to contracts the Pats get a free pass in this regard. It's understandble and I wholeheardtedly agree that they've earned the #1 distinction but the Pats, like all pro team front offices need to prove their decisions were correct every season. They are more than capable but it is not unreasonable to think they are going to have difficulty finding equally effective replacements, particularly for the greatest clucth kicker of all time.

PATSNUTme said:

Yeah, but this went to print before the Mass. exodus.

***SARCASM ALERT*** JUST KIDDING! (pun intended, though)

Yes we are #1, but we are not infallible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes