PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just got an e-mail from Mike Florio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After telling him I wouldn't be visiting his site anymore due to the way he's covered "camera-gate". He responded by telling me that there will be a "bombshell" dropped about how the Patriots beat the Rams in Superbowl 36, FWIW. Which is roughly nothing.

I wonder if he heard it from his cousin.

IF all these teams were cheated, why the hell would they wait until now to say something?

If you were cheated would you really wait until something like this happened and then bring it up 6 years later?

give me a break.

Why would you antagonize him?
If he says there's a bombshell, then that means more crap is coming out.
Nothing to laugh about, even if whatver it is goes unproven.

Not the place for this.

Why would you antagonize him?
If he says there's a bombshell, then that means more crap is coming out.
Nothing to laugh about, even if whatver it is goes unproven.

What? Like the official scorer running off an extra two seconds at the end? Or Brady intentionally grounding it on the final drive?

We've heard all this before. The clock part is true, but not anything that would have affected the outcome of the game.

After telling him I wouldn't be visiting his site anymore due to the way he's covered "camera-gate". He responded by telling me that there will be a "bombshell" dropped about how the Patriots beat the Rams in Superbowl 36, FWIW. Which is roughly nothing.

Way to put out the flames on speculation.

What the league should do is drop a bombshell about how the Steelers won a couple years ago. You know, ridiculous pass interference and holding calls.

i just don't see what you could possibly reveal that actually has some proof to it.

if there was such evidence, it would have been released long before now.

Last edited:
What? Like the official scorer running off an extra two seconds at the end? Or Brady intentionally grounding it on the final drive?

We've heard all this before. The clock part is true, but not anything that would have affected the outcome of the game.

Pats1... If you what the video clip that was on that Garbage RAMS site, the clock actually STOPPED for 3 seconds when it wasn't supposed to have stopped. So, the official running off the clock was fine. The clock malfunctioned. If you look at the tape, you can see that the clock sits on 2 seconds for at least 3 seconds of the video. That's just not possible unless the clock malfunctioned.

Well, obviously he's going to put out something way bigger than that.
If he says "bombshell" then it's more crap we have to deal with.
There's nothing we can do or say to stop it.
If it's nothing...I just hope it's nothing.

Look everyone is piling on and any rumor every thrown out there by a losing coach is now being attributed to us. Get used to it, its going to happen forever.

Pats1... If you what the video clip that was on that Garbage RAMS site, the clock actually STOPPED for 3 seconds when it wasn't supposed to have stopped. So, the official running off the clock was fine. The clock malfunctioned. If you look at the tape, you can see that the clock sits on 2 seconds for at least 3 seconds of the video. That's just not possible unless the clock malfunctioned.

Right, but I read somewhere once that "that fella" did run it off. I'll try to find the article.

BTW, that site built up about 3 forum pages worth of spam over a year (~late 2005 to mid-2006) while RamFan posted all his 9/11 conspiracy stuff on the main page instead. It eventually went down late last year.

Look, if there's anyhting coming out from 2001, it can only be attributed to a former coach or employee.
There's really no other thing that can be a "bombshell" at this point
other than a former employee in possession of something.
We'll see.

Florio has made it his mission in life to destroy the Patriots Franchise.

He is posting any ridicilous rumor he hears like it;s fact.

The reason???

Cameragate has probably generated more traffic to his sight then he has ever had.

The quicker it dies, the less hits it gets, the less money he gets.

It's that simple.

Mangini's been with BB since the Cleveland days. He probably knows BB's kids' favorite ice cream flavors. If he wants to air all of BB's dirty laundry, at this point he just might. (One reason why Parcells is right now being very kind in his remarks on BB this week).

Apparently this bombshel is that some former Oakland player claims the Pats had their linemen miked up and were recording Gannon in the snow bowl, and that the next year he actually heard the tape.

Apparently this bombshel is that some former Oakland player claims the Pats had their linemen miked up and were recording Gannon in the snow bowl, and that the next year he actually heard the tape.

Whatever, there are some ex Pats linemen that might have something to say about that.

He says a lot of stuff like that and then the story never comes to the surface. There have been a couple about players being arrested for serious violent crimes, and then he never posts anything else.

Nobody really takes Florio seriously anymore. He built up a reputation by being accurate a high percentage of the time, but lately he's been proven wrong quite a bit re: Moss being traded etc.

He did this with the Vick story. Everyday there was a new "theory" and they were digging up dozens of dogs every day only to be ignored in some type of conspiracy theory by the state prosecutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes