PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just gone done watching the TG game

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartmen

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
So a quick question to all you fans out there who have been watching this game longer than 10 years. Watch Deion's RAC again what other run does it remind you of that involves these two teams? If you know the answer without googling you are a true fan of the bad times as well as the good. And for that I salute you!

not to bring in ignorance on this thread...but what is the TG game???? :confused:

not to bring in ignorance on this thread...but what is the TG game???? :confused:

I came to this thread hoping to find the answer to this very same question

he dragged Myron Guyton into the endzone...wow I guess you guys don't remember those pre-Brady times
Branch run after the catch on that first TD was eerily similar to BS' run

Last edited:
Barry Sanders abusing one of our DB's. Not sure which one, either Ricky Reynolds or Maurice Hurst?

i feel better now

I guess Im the Einstein who figured out what TG meant, but have no clue re the long zigzag pass play

Harlon Barnett was the guy who Sanders turned around on that play. It was much worse than the Branch run, as Barnett didn't even lay a hand on Sanders. Guyton had a shot at him on the goalline, but couldn't bring him down. I think I've seen that video about 100 times.

So a quick question to all you fans out there who have been watching this game longer than 10 years. Watch Deion's RAC again what other run does it remind you of that involves these two teams? If you know the answer without googling you are a true fan of the bad times as well as the good. And for that I salute you!

Here is how i will prove how good a fan i am. It reminds me of Barry sanders run against ronnie lippett I think it was where he spun him around about 5 times on the way the end zone. Although I think Sanders' was a better highlight film than Branch's.

Wow, I just saw that someone beat me to it. Although I think I get points for Lippett if that was the DB.

Last edited:
They came closer to getting BS than most of our defense did to tackling Shaun Hill. After he ripped off back-to-back scrambles for like 50 yards I was actually yelling at the TV: "what is this guy, Barry Sanders"?

I can't remember which Pats DB it was , but in fairness to him Barry Sanders made a whole lot of NFL players look bad on a weekly basis - far more than Deion Branch has in his career.

Edit: YouTube: barry sanders long td run against patriots- Greatest HB Ever.

Sanders was tremendous. For my money, he's the greatest of my viewing lifetime (Jim Brown is before my time). Give me Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell on my team, and I might never call a passing play.

I wonder what Corwin Brown thinks about it?

...wow I guess you guys don't remember those pre-Brady times

I, an "86er", deliberately block out bad memories. The only events that really linger are that accursed 'Fridge' and his TD run in SB XX, and Shannon Sharpe's National Guard moment. In the former case, I was a mere babe in the NFL-fandom woods, so full of innocent hope, simply not ready to deal with that kind of trauma :mad: (I'm not sure why it sticks with me, but a more positive "bad" memory goes back to the final game of '89, against the Rams. I've long forgotten what I was working on during the game*, but I do vividly remember keeping an eye out/listening for score updates in the background, my only option back then most Sundays, and never losing faith the Pats would pull out a win. Though they of course did lose, I felt good about the stubborn faith I was still able to muster at the faded end of a losing season, and am glad my loyalty eventually got rewarded :)).

*I think I may have had a radio on while cleaning up the inside of my car, but other than that I'm a blank.

Last edited:

Easy...Barry in the 90's. (Deion even mentioned that in his post game presser.)

Harlon Barnett was the guy who Sanders turned around on that play. It was much worse than the Branch run, as Barnett didn't even lay a hand on Sanders. Guyton had a shot at him on the goalline, but couldn't bring him down. I think I've seen that video about 100 times.

Yep, it was Harlon Barnett. He did a full 360 trying to locate Barry Sanders.
I guessed the Vikings were impressed, because after the season they signed Barnett, so they could line him up against Sanders twice a year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes