PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just despicable by Nalen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alk said:
I agree, at first I didn't have a clue why that guy just started punching him. Then when I saw the replay it was plain as day. Everyone else was just standing around and Nalen just dove at his knees. Since he didn't get ejected, I expect to see a hefty fine coming his way.

Olshansky was ejected.

The way I saw it, it looked like Olshansky was duped into committing a PF by Nalen. All Nalen did was make a few waves at his knees, he did nothing illegal nor anything close to injury-threatening. While my opinion of the Denver OL is the same as everyone else's here, and while I agree Nalen has not blocked cleanly in the past on all occasions, this was a case where Nalen was trying to induce a PF in the late stages of the game, and it worked. Schottenheimer nearly blew a fuse in screaming at Olshansky, and deservedly so.

The replays clearly showed that all Nalen did was literally wave at his knees, he didn't do anything illegal. Olshansky needed to keep his head in the game, that PF could have led to a game-tying TD for Denver.

Bob G

As quoted from the YouTube page:

Madden is also a douche. It's "okay" to take out a player's knee, even after you know it's a spike play? Give me a ******* break.

Madden is a total dumbass, just retire you old clown.

I saw the play and it is typical Denver/Shanahan BS. The 49ers did the same bush league crap in the Montana/Young years until teams started going after Michael Carter's knees...it soon stopped. The Nalen play was more bush league by the mere fact that it was a spike. Players on other teams should do a little vigilante justice.

bobgeorge said:
Olshansky was ejected.

The way I saw it, it looked like Olshansky was duped into committing a PF by Nalen. All Nalen did was make a few waves at his knees, he did nothing illegal nor anything close to injury-threatening. While my opinion of the Denver OL is the same as everyone else's here, and while I agree Nalen has not blocked cleanly in the past on all occasions, this was a case where Nalen was trying to induce a PF in the late stages of the game, and it worked. Schottenheimer nearly blew a fuse in screaming at Olshansky, and deservedly so.

The replays clearly showed that all Nalen did was literally wave at his knees, he didn't do anything illegal. Olshansky needed to keep his head in the game, that PF could have led to a game-tying TD for Denver.

Bob G

I don't agree with your assessment. After watching the replay, it looks like a blatant attempt to take his knees out

Thanks for the YouTube.

Elsewhere fgssand (i think) asked whether Seymour's reprehensible stomp
could have been a retaliation against Tarik Glenn.
Would it then have been justifiable?

I'd be interested if anyone with film of the Indy game finds whether Glenn committed anything like what stinker Nalen did.

The zebes seem to watch and see ... without caring.
Only rough n ready justice from the front sevens themselves
can stop all this stuff.

PATSfanDetroit said:
For those of you who disagree with my tactics, so be it. I wanted to publicly call Nem out and for all to see the levels to which he will stoop.
I see the level to which you will stoop. Was it your intent to show us by example? :D

DarMan said:
I don't agree with your assessment. After watching the replay, it looks like a blatant attempt to take his knees out

I just watched it too. And I stand by what I said. Nalen was just waving at his legs and Olshansky took the bait. I think if Nalen really intended to injure him, he would have done so.

I agree with everyone's assessment of Madden's statements. Since when is it okay to go for someone's knees? You can maim someone if it's a spike play? That was the stupidest thing Madden has said since "I think Brady should kill the clock and play for overtime!"

OBTW I'm sorry that Olshansky didn't get more bang for his buck. If he was going to be so incensed as to take a swipe at Nalen, I would have liked to seen Nalen turned into roadkill. That way, if you are going to get fined, suspended or screamed at by your coach, at least make it worth the trouble.

Bob G

Players swing (and hit) each all the time. In the heat of the battle, your emotions get the better of you. In Olshansky's defense, I would agree that the only player on the field who moved more than a couple of feet was Nalen and He's diving into a nearly defenseless player at the knees......

It was a shameless act that fortunately did not hurt anyone but I can speak from experience here..It does not take much to tear your knee up.

The Bronco's have a history of this with Shanahan as the coach. Articles have been written about the Bronco's chop-blocks in the past and how many players suffered season-ending injuries. Denver is a dirty team. Its not a secret and I hope that other teams will do the same to them. Too bad we can't send the tight end from Penn State up to Denver to take out Shanahans knee......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back